• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 Nighter TR. Day 22 MK and 'Ohana

RobynPrincess

Looking around
We woke up at 9:30 this morning, not bad considering the late night we had the night before. We pottered about in the room for a bit and then got dressed and went to meet Vicki at My French Cafe which was about 15 minutes north of Magic Kingdom. Vicki kept posting pictures of the cakes in there so we had this lunch planned for aaaages. I'm never one to miss out on some good cake ;)

Omg the food. Omgomgomgomgomgomg! Finally, somewhere in Orlando that does good bread! It was crusty and not sweetened at all. I was in HEAVEN! We got a meal deal each which was a snack (we chose home made croissants as the snack) a filled baguette, a cake of choice and a drink (they even had orangina!). Think each meal deal was about $15. Worth every penny. I'm going back here in April that's for sure.

We stayed for 2 hours chatting with Vicki. We didn't eat our cakes right away as we had no room so we took them back to VGF with us (and ate them pretty much right away lol).

We then went for a swim, we really hadn't done much swimming this trip yet so we wanted to get down to the pool and get some sun on our skin and dip our toes in the refreshing pool water.

It started to cloud over so we made our way back to the room after a little while. I then napped for an hour, all that sunning myself clearly took its toll haha.

Sy took a few more pics of the room.... See all those bags in front of the tv? That was only some of the shopping we did :O

We got dressed and made our way to MK, tonight we wanted to watch Elsa light up the castle for Christmas as we hadn't watched it yet and we were quickly running out of time till we go home :( boohoo.

We headed up Main Street and got a spot in the centre, it was pretty busy but we waited it out for the show to begin. Just as it started of course all of the parents in front of us put their kids on shoulders and we couldn't see a thing :( I really don't know why people do this. Hold your kids at the same height as you are and the everyone can see. I even got kicked in the head by one child as their dad pushed through everyone with his kid on his shoulders. It wasn't a fun experience tbh. This was the only time we saw it too. Ah well. #firstworldproblems. We saw enough of it, guess we will have to go back again at Christmas hehe.

Sy managed to get these couple of pics when people moved ;)

We had a Fastpass to meet Ariel so we ran over to meet her once the show was finished, we had no wait in the Fastpass queue at all. Ariel was admiring my handbag, she asked if I could fit my dinglehopper in it hehehe.

We got on the train in Fantasyland and got off at Main Street USA.

We then had to head out of the park, we had an ADR for Ohana with Carrie and Mark and Emma, Scott and Mason. Trying to get out of the park was a mission! Omg the queues. We waited in the queue for the boat for ages but we gave up and went for the monorail, we had to wait there for ages too but eventually we got on and arrived at the Poly. Our ADR was for 7pm and we arrived at 7:20. Emma had already checked in and we arrived just before the buzzer went off, phew!

We were shown to a table and told our server was TJ. This is where the evening took a bit of a downward turn... He was just terrible. No where to be seen all evening. I have already covered this in highs and lows but I'll repeat for those who didn't read it...

2 hrs 45 minutes for dinner really isn't acceptable. TJ was terrible, I actually had a word with the manager but he really didn't care which shocked me. First time ever I actually asked for the tip to be removed from our bill as he didn't deserve 18% as he forgot us, we had to ask for drinks 3 times, didn't bring round food, he plonked the dessert down while we still had our plates as we hadn't finished eating our mains. We were meant to be meeting friends up at TOTWL but of course that didn't happen, we watched the fireworks from inside the restaurant while waiting for him to bring the bill. He was so bad that after he knew his tip had gone he was messing about with the magic band scanner, he must have tried reading my band 30 times or more but kept moving it around so it wouldn't connect just to hold us there longer as I told him we were in a rush. I was actually shocked at his behaviour. I did tell the manager about the magic band scanning and he said not a single thing - just shrugged his shoulders.

Anyway. Suffice to say Ohana is firmly off the return list. However we are staying in the poly villas in November, hello Ohana room service! Skip crappy service!!

One really cute thing that happened during our meal though, there was a big table next to us with what I can only assume was an off duty Santa. They were all wearing Christmas hats and the guy was wearing red trousers too, well Mason kept pointing at him and saying Santa! The guy was sooo lovely! He came over and chatted with him, Mason was mesmerised <3 and when we left he was waving and saying bye awwwwww!

Some more pics during dinner...

As we missed the fireworks we chatted in the lobby for a little while, Mason was still going strong considering the time so we played with him and the Christmas tree for a bit and asked a nice passerby to take a picture of us all :)

We then all said goodbye, Emma Scott and Mason were flying home the next day :( boohoo! But luckily we only live about an hour apart at home so we meet up back in the uk (gotta get my Mason fix when I can hehehe). We would be seeing Carrie again before we left but mark was pretty busy with work so we said goodbye to him too.

We walked back over to the villas and hit the hay when we got back.

I took 2 pics of Sy with the fountain in the lobby... one in front and one behind. Because? Well I have no idea hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter