WBC Grocery Delivery- do you have to be there?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
We are planning a last minute trip for Thanksgiving weekend, and will be flying in late Wednesday night. We will need groceries, but all the major grocery stores will be closed by the time we land and on Thanksgiving. Does anyone have experience with getting groceries delivered to WBC? Will they hold them for us if we have them delivered a few hours before we check-in? Or does anyone have any suggestions of stores that might be open past midnight on Wednesday or on Thanksgiving? Thanks!

I would call Bonnet Creek and inquire about it. In this situation I do not advise you rely on the experience of someone else on Disboards. Your situation has challenges which are a late arrival time and a holiday. Bonnet Creek may work with you because of the challenges you will be facing. Speak with a front desk supervisor that will accept the responsibility of making sure your items will be held/accepted. Be sure to get their full name. One thing I did notice is you have a mid-week check-in date which I have no experience with. I have only checked in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. So maybe having a less busy check-in date may also provide more options and assistance since it's not as busy as a traditional check-in days. Call and make arrangements. Don't chance something like this based on the experience of someone else. I hope it works out. Have a FABULOUS vacation!!!!!!

You could pack an extra suitcase with food items. Mini marts such as 7 11, associated with gas stations like Speedway should be open. Good for items like milk. Hess was competitive for water, soda and fun food. I assume Speedway is similar.

You could pack an extra suitcase with food items. Mini marts such as 7 11, associated with gas stations like Speedway should be open. Good for items like milk. Hess was competitive for water, soda and fun food. I assume Speedway is similar.
I never thought about going to those convenience stores for more than a soda or gas due to their prices being over-inflated. But they are reliable when in a pinch. I have used the Wal-Mart conveniece store on Old Lake Wilson Road at the Wal-Mart gas station. The best part is, the prices are the same at the Wal-Mart convenience store as they are inside Walmart. In this case, who knows what options will be available for the OP with a late arrival the night before Thanksgiving. A convenience store may be the only option for last minute things. But without a car, it will not be a convenient walk. I hope Bonnet Creek will hold their groceries without any hassle so they can enjoy their vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!