WDW Construction During Closure?

Disneypro1

life is great!
Any info as to how much maintenance or stuff like that is going on? I knew all that type of work is considered essential. Even in California. So I’m assuming the parks are getting a good spring cleaning.

Any info as to how much maintenance or stuff like that is going on? I knew all that type of work is considered essential. Even in California. So I’m assuming the parks are getting a good spring cleaning.

It has been reported (and generally confirmed via aerial photography) that very little work is occurring on property.

It has been reported (and generally confirmed via aerial photography) that very little work is occurring on property.

Small update, there was a report on the Rumors/News board earlier today that some work may be starting. It is unknown at the moment what this means exactly, so TBD.

New reports are saying that Disney is defunding ongoing construction and laying off its builders.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/03/disney-construction-projects-defunded-layoffs-underway
So Festival Pavilion and other Future World landscaping, Mary Poppins in World Showcase, Runaway Railway in Anaheim, and Galactic Starcruiser are likely all never going to see the light of day.
I would imagine they will finish Galactic Starcruiser someday. Maybe a year or 2 behind now. But its too far along to complete scrap. Maybe sit empty for a while.

I just drove around property Monday. The new hotel for Swan Dolphin is currently continuing with construction workers present and the new McDonalds near All Stars very busy workers .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter