WDW Honeymoon HERE WE COME!

Mickeyflower

I find that The Dis is my happy place frequently
:dancer::jumping1::banana::bounce:
We are crazy excited! We just booked our WDW honeymoon for OCT 1-9, 2018. We will be staying off property at Hilton Palace, the one that has a pedestrian bridge to Disney Springs. I have been getting the eye rolls, but neither of us care. It's our honeymoon and that's where we wanted to go. I haven't been since 2007, and FH hasn't been there since the late 90's. There is going to be so much to do! Food & Wine, the Halloween party, the new Toy Story Land, Pandora! ACK!

Congratulations! We are honeymooning at WDW in October too! I am soooooo excited and have been spending so much time planning the honeymoon that I keep forgetting to plan the wedding. lol. I've been getting the eye rolls too and the comments "OMG you are going to be too tired after the wedding for that" or "You do know that Disney is exhausting RIGHT??" I'm not letting them get to me, and neither should you!

Oh they don't get to me. I always say "Why are you so surprised? It's me after all" They are more shocked that it wasn't my idea but my FH idea! I am WAAAAAYYYY to excited to let anyone's poopooing of OUR honeymoon choice get to me

Congrats! We're doing ours in September. We've been getting the eye roll too, but we don't care. Take a look at lurkyloo's info - it helped us with our planning. We also registered on the disneyweddingmoon site and I highly recommend it. We got our 1st gift off the registery this week and it was so exciting!

Congrats! We're doing ours in September. We've been getting the eye roll too, but we don't care. Take a look at lurkyloo's info - it helped us with our planning. We also registered on the disneyweddingmoon site and I highly recommend it. We got our 1st gift off the registery this week and it was so exciting!

I was not aware of that site thank you. I will definitely look at lurkyloos info. We are SO EXCITED!!

Eyerolling your choice in hotel? or Disney as a honeymoon destination?

Either way, let the haters hate. Offsite is awesome, Disney is awesome. Just enjoy the trip, and don't let any planning hiccups detract from some quality time together.

Eyerolling your choice in hotel? or Disney as a honeymoon destination?

Either way, let the haters hate. Offsite is awesome, Disney is awesome. Just enjoy the trip, and don't let any planning hiccups detract from some quality time together.

Well, both really. We're over it though. It's where we want to go to celebrate our marriage. We are THRILLED!!

We are getting the eye rolls for celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in WDW. Everyone expected us to go to Bermuda or Europe. We LOVE WDW, and we have been dreaming of this second Disneymoon for many years. It is our anniversary, not theirs.

It’s your honeymoon, not theirs. Enjoy and congratulations!

We are getting the eye rolls for celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in WDW. Everyone expected us to go to Bermuda or Europe. We LOVE WDW, and we have been dreaming of this second Disneymoon for many years. It is our anniversary, not theirs.

It’s your honeymoon, not theirs. Enjoy and congratulations!

Thank you we will do just that!

Omg congratulations on the wedding and the honeymoon. Ignore the Disney eye rollers. My hubby and I went on our Disneymoon the week after Thanksgiving 2016 and it was magical (I know cliche cuz it’s Disney, but it really was) a little too magical since our son was born in August of 2017 :oops: Have all the magical fun make sure you splurge on a memory maker, lol and be wary of long afternoon naps ;)

Omg congratulations on the wedding and the honeymoon. Ignore the Disney eye rollers. My hubby and I went on our Disneymoon the week after Thanksgiving 2016 and it was magical (I know cliche cuz it’s Disney, but it really was) a little too magical since our son was born in August of 2017 :oops: Have all the magical fun make sure you splurge on a memory maker, lol and be wary of long afternoon naps ;)

OMG BEST. REPLY. EVA!!!

Ah amazing! It'll be so good! My friend came back last year from a Orlando Honeymoon Disney/Universal. We're thinking about doing half and half 7 days Caribbean and 7 Days Orlando. Still debating adding universal lol! You'll have to report back on how it all went :D

Congratulations! We are honeymooning at WDW in October too! I am soooooo excited and have been spending so much time planning the honeymoon that I keep forgetting to plan the wedding. lol. I've been getting the eye rolls too and the comments "OMG you are going to be too tired after the wedding for that" or "You do know that Disney is exhausting RIGHT??" I'm not letting them get to me, and neither should you!

Oh my gosh I have been the same way...when someone asks something about the wedding I usually cant answer or dont know but when they ask about the Honeymoon I know all the answers! Everyday I say I am going to Focus on the wedding and end up back on the DIS! Haha!

Okay so it's been too long since we went on our Disney World Honeymoon, but I thought I'd come back and report anyway. We took full advantage of the Disney Honeymoon Registry. Our guests kept telling us how awesome it was to be able to buy us experiences and virtually help us celebrate our honeymoon. We were given dinner at Be Our Guest, the Memory Maker, a horse drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness, dinner at Citricos, and an in room celebration that included etched wine glasses, chilled champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate truffles, a Mickey bottle opener, embroidered personalized bathrobes which they had laying on the bed and they positioned them like they were holding hands, embroidered Bride and Groom Mickey ear hats (which we did wear every other day, cause THEY ARE HOT). I'd say the biggest benefit of the Honeymoon Registry was the experiences purchased for us enabled us to see parts of WDW that we wouldn't have seen. We were there 8 days and it was only our 2nd time there (me in 2007, him in '95).

We didn't make reservations at Be Our Guest (I know SHOCK!!!) We called the morning that we thought we'd like to go and asked if they had any tables for dinner for 2, and THEY DID!!!! Our hotel was AWESOME! We were upgraded to a suite, and the pool and lazy river were a quick walk. The downside was the buses were frequently full by the time they got to us. We did use LYFT 3 or 4 times as it was always faster and less expensive than Uber. We never paid more than $5 for a ride. Disney Springs is across the street, but it is a LOOOOONNGGG walk. Chicken Guy was SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!! We got the celebration buttons. I'm disappointed that they changed to a generic celebration button. Even the Cast Members wish they would bring back the Honeymoon buttons because "it always looks like we're staring at people's chest!" :rotfl2: We did a DVC tour and got two $75 Disney Gift Cards and it took less than an hour. We did get to experience Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. The best tip we got was to get the pamphlet first and pick what you want to try. If we hadn't done that we would have missed some YUMMY stuff! We simply cannot WAIT to go back for anniversaries!

One more thing, SO SO SO SO SO many matchy matchy group tee-shirts. So many, oh god the humanity!

No eye rolls!! Congratulations - have a great time! We had our honeymoon on-property back in 2005. It was a GREAT time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!