WDW Opening times.

noblemickey

Earning My Ears
I posted a similar message on the adults and singles board with no replys to date. We are going to WDW on 12/3. Since the terrorist events of 9/11, and the resulting reduction in attendance, and the reduction in staffing at WDW, are the stated opening times reliable? Before 9/11 I would go to a major park one hour before stated opening time and often times they opened 1/2 to 3/4 hour before they said they would. Are they still opening before stated opening times or is it a waste of time to go early, stand in line and find they really are opening on the time they state? It appears that all but Epcot Center are opening at 9:00 A. M., while Epcot opens at 10:00 A.M. Does Spaceship Earth open 1/2 hour early at 9:30 A. M. or are they sticking to stated times to keep costs down by not needing employees until stated time?
Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

As of the weekend of 11/16, they are sticking with the posted opening times. If you want to go early, make sure it's early enough so that you will be at the front of the line, or you will be waiting quite awhile during the security checks.

Unless something changes with the current park "policies", don't count on getting in anywhere early. I think the only ones who got "in" early had PS for certain breakfasts. When we left for home on the 15th, all the parks were opening as stated. If you got there before the official opening you just got inside the turnstiles to a rope, depending on which park. They were getting people through the security tables and through the turnstiles and then it became sardine city.
I guess it depends on the crowds but I wouldn't think there would be any change much before the Christmas holiday season. One morning we got to MK at 9:30 thinking we'd be able to walk in and not be in the middle of a crowd. Well, the monorail and ferry arrived at the same time and it was a mob! Security checks slow everything down, no matter how many people there are. If you've been there before, you know how quickly a lot of people can get through the turnstiles into the park. That doesn't happen now.
But the buses do run up to an hour before opening, depending on which resort you are coming from.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter