WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Largely irrelevant, but just noting Disney changed their park calendars to show “closed” for dates through 4/18. Previously it was through 4/9.

yep, they removed my fastpasses for the 18th. Not that I expected we would be going, it’s just a formality that I haven’t canceled, but it’s devastating to see those 7 dwarves and Space/thunder Mountain passes gone :sad1:

My fastpasses for April 17 and 18 are gone, along with an Oga's ADR on the 18th. As others have reported, my VAH tickets for the 17th are gone.

It’s tough to see all of our carefully made plans vanish like that.

If you don’t mind, can you report back when you get your VAH refund? Just trying to keep track of when they are processing those kinds of things. Thanks!

If you don’t mind, can you report back when you get your VAH refund? Just trying to keep track of when they are processing those kinds of things. Thanks!

I'm not the one you asked, but we had AK AH tickets for 4/7 (bought directly through Disney) that were refunded to my credit card yesterday. We had MK AH tickets for 4/5 that we purchased through Undercover Tourist that I'm still waiting for a refund.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I had MK DAH tickets (not the villains one) for April 27th. I called to request a refund, and it posted to my Disney Visa card in less than 48 hours. Seems it was processed instantly.

This might not be the right thread (move me if it's the wrong place) but in case any May people had heart attacks the other day: I'm 5/14-5/19 and last night my plans had disappeared from MDE app but they are there on the website. (If I could readily reschedule, I would, but I'm pregnant and the FD validity period really wouldn't work with that).

This might not be the right thread (move me if it's the wrong place) but in case any May people had heart attacks the other day: I'm 5/14-5/19 and last night my plans had disappeared from MDE app but they are there on the website. (If I could readily reschedule, I would, but I'm pregnant and the FD validity period really wouldn't work with that).
That is unfortunately a common bug. I could certainly see why that would be more stress-inducing than normal right now.

Operations were supposed to start back up today. I don't imagine anyone's heard from anyone there, have they?

FWIW, I booked FP this morning for May 31-June 4.

May 31 had only a few attractions available, none of the headliners.

June 1-4 had everything available.

This is what I expected, from reading others' posts.

We are undecided whether to reschedule, but it never hurts to have FP booked in any case!

Operations were supposed to start back up today. I don't imagine anyone's heard from anyone there, have they?
Disney announced they are closed until further notice. Are you saying there were internal departments that were scheduled to go back today? I don't imagine that's the case given the most recent virus related updates.

Disney announced they are closed until further notice. Are you saying there were internal departments that were scheduled to go back today? I don't imagine that's the case given the most recent virus related updates.

There were some niche guest service departments such as Disney Signature Services (for example) that previously had auto-responses that their offices were closed and/or had limited monitoring through 3/31. That is likely what PP was referring to.

While I don't know this with any certainty, I suspect those closures/limited monitoring will continue for now.

I post this with the overriding comment that sometimes the accuracy of some things on WDW's website is not the best and/or the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand.

The other day I noted that Disney had added "cancelled" next to the dates to the event pages for MK & DAK Disney After Hours and MK VIllains After Hours for all dates through the end of May. At the moment they've removed the word "cancelled" from the late April through May dates. Tickets still aren't for sale though, and if I'm not mistaken folks with late April & May tickets have reported refunds/tickets disappearing.

Not sure why they removed 'cancelled' from those dates, maybe just optics or to avoid confusion.

I post this with the overriding comment that sometimes the accuracy of some things on WDW's website is not the best and/or the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand.

The other day I noted that Disney had added "cancelled" next to the dates to the event pages for MK & DAK Disney After Hours and MK VIllains After Hours for all dates through the end of May. At the moment they've removed the word "cancelled" from the late April through May dates. Tickets still aren't for sale though, and if I'm not mistaken folks with late April & May tickets have reported refunds/tickets disappearing.

Not sure why they removed 'cancelled' from those dates, maybe just optics or to avoid confusion.
Weird. Likely, as you said, optics or confusion, given that the parks are only officially closed through 4/18. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney CS got a bunch of calls from people with late April / May reservations looking to cancel their trips because of the listed AH cancellations. My 5/8 VAH tickets are still gone from MDE, though despite no longer being "officially" cancelled.

Barring further downturns to the current situation, is the consensus June 1st will be earliest re-open? Due to current extension of social distancing through April, I would be rebooking right now if my trip was in April. But, we're not due to arrive until May 18th. Anybody still holding out hope for mid May? I hate canceling all our plans if parks may open before June 1st, but also feel like I'm wasting time and losing rescheduling availability by waiting.
Just yesterday, I finally cancelled my mid-May trip. It was a sad, sad day. :( I was holding out hope for as long as I could, but I came to my own conclusion that, yes, it was possible that they could open in mid-may, but it's starting to look like June 1 might be more realistic. So, I booked a trip for June 1. So, hopefully they will indeed be open by then! pixiedust:

IMO: I actually think the Federal regulations will be lifted in May-is, but I'm thinking the FL's regulations might stay in place longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter