WDW to Universal (and back!)

spb999

<font color=red>Believe me you'll want me as your
will not be renting a car .... any tips on the best way to get to and from Universal from the world ? Thanks !

The answer probably depends on where you are staying. You could rent a car for one day ... the Dolphin has National car rental; this would be time consuming and at Disney, time is money. Some of the non-Disney hotels have buses going to Universal for a fee. Even if you are staying at a Disney hotel, you could check with some of the Downtown Disney area hotels and catch a bus there. You could also arrange for transport service from one of the town car services, like FL Tours, Tiffany, Atlantic, etc. I would probably do the towncar service myself as it would be less hassle and more flexible. The parking garage at Universal is $8 to $12 a day if I remember right. And, there's always a taxi cab.

I would try YOURRIDE. We used them for transportation to & from Universal - it worked out great. Didn't have to worry about driving & parking. You set the time for the return trip - we asked what happens if we wanted to return before the 'set' pick up time - they said to just give them a call & they would work it out. We were dropped off & picked up at a convenient location. We have used them a couple of times to & from the airport to our hotel also - NO problems - Rabbit does a GREAT job!!! :D

A few years ago befor I started renting a car. I used a cab
driver from MCO to WDW. On the way to our hotel I told him we were going to Universal. He (Tony) said, "he could take us"he
charged us $20 dollars for round trip. He asked us what time
we would like to be picked up and he was there. I believe I might
have his card, I'll check if your interested. Just let me know.
Oh yeah, dont for get to tip both ways if you do use a driver.

Mears offers a shuttle service for about $13.00 rt. If there are only 2 or 3 people in your party, this would probably be the most cost effective option.

Go to Mears Transportation.com and check the Airport & Attraction shuttle rates under the Rate Tariff tab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter