WDW to Universal?

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW from Feb 1 to Feb 7. I am considering extending our time a little and hitting UA and IOA. Can we get a taxi from WDW to UA or some other form of transportation? We will not have a car at our disposal. Also, how much time will we need. Is a day for each park enough? Thanks

You can take a taxi from Disney to Universal, but it may cost a lot of money. You can also use 3rd party transportation companies like Mears. At the very least, I would devote a full day at each park.

Taxi is cheaper than a shuttle and besides; Mears (407-699-9999) owns the taxi Co. in the Orlando area. Drive is 15-20 miles.

Shuttles are 12.00/person where as taxi is a flat rate per mile.

Try Tiffany Town Car. We used them and they were reasonable.

The cabs are slightly cheaper. Mears is $12 pp. Picks up at scheduled times at the WDW resorts and picks up at Universal every hour on the half hour.

It's 15-20 miles from WDW to US/IOA? I did not think it was that far. Maps are deceiving!!!

We were just at WDW/USF in June, 5 nights WDW and 3 nights HRH. We took a taxi from POFQ to HRH - $25.50 plus tip for 4 of us. Tiffany Town Car quoted us a rate of $26 to transfer us from PO to HRH, but we didn't want to have a scheduled departure time. Either way, it's a lot cheaper than Mears!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter