WDW transportation (times?)

The Sybah Shelstah

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious if there is a website or page or SOMETHING somewhere that can let me know about the bus times for WDW? What I mean is the WDW buses that I can use while staying onsite- to/from the parks, resorts, and DTD.

I'm just curious when the buses start in the morning (so I can take the best advantage of the EE mornings for each park) and also when is the LAST times at night they make the rounds with the buses? I don't want to end up stranded somewhere! Definitely not... and I'm a night person. So even when the parks close I will be resort hopping and checking out things at DTD. When would I need to make sure I was on a bus on my way back to the resort? In other words.. if using only WDW transportation... when will be my forced bedtime? LOL

Busses start running in the morning at 7:00am. They run for Character Breakfasts, and Early Entry. 8:00 is when the offical park busses start running. 8:30 is when Downtown Disney busses start running.

Busses will continue to run FROM the theme park to the resorts until the theme park is clear of all resort guests. So that means if there is one family straggling in there, we all have to wait. A general rule of thumb is that it takes approx 90 mins to fully clear the park, on average.

Busses will run from the Downtown Disney Marketplace until 11:45pm.

Busses will continue to run from Pleasure Island until 2:00am.

There is no set schedule for busses, however, most busses run approx every 15 minutes, give or take. Some Old Key West busses may run only every 25 minutes.

One more note... After midnight, some of the DTD busses start to go out of service... Service at Pleasure Island will remain every 15 mins, but pickup at the resorts may not be that frequent.

Wow! Thanks so much for such a detailed post in response to my question!

Busses start running in the morning at 7:00am. They run for Character Breakfasts, and Early Entry. 8:00 is when the offical park busses start running.
What exactly does that mean? I mean if "official" park busses start running at 8am- what kind of busses are running before that? Sorry if that sounds dense.... I just don't know these things. But that does answer my question (I think?) about how early I can start catching busses to make it to the parks for EE.

You also answered my late night questions. So basically I needn't worry about a way to get back home as long as I leave PI before 2am (doubt I would stay that late anyway! I was thinking more like midnight or so). Resort hopping also would be a non-issue because I wouldn't be going from resort to resort that late. I was just making sure the busses didn't stop running around here and there between resorts/parks after the parks close at 7pm- yanno? Wouldn't want to get stranded somewhere that wasn't "home" (which is ASMu) during my stay!

I definitely wouldn't be worrying about being picked up from the resorts that late. My issue was getting back to the resorts that late. Thanks bunches! You have really helped a lot and put my mind at ease on that issue. :)

Originally posted by The Sybah Shelstah
What exactly does that mean? I mean if "official" park busses start running at 8am- what kind of busses are running before that? Sorry if that sounds dense.... I just don't know these things. But that does answer my question (I think?) about how early I can start catching busses to make it to the parks for EE.

The busses that run from 7:00am - 8:00am are the Character Breakfast busses... They can take you to any Disney resort or theme park for Breakfasts or other reasons.

Theme park busses start running at 8:00am (or 7:00am for EE), and run directly to the theme park.

Ohh, I think I get it now. If you have a character breakfast that early OR you are going to a park that has EE for that morning- then you can start getting bussed there at 7am. If no character breakfast and wanting to go to a park that does not have EE that day- then it's 8am.

I think I've got that right in my brain now. Thanks again!

Have you ever tried the transportation wizard at ourlaughingplace? Click on the resorts tab and then click on transportation wizard. It doesn't tell you what time the buses start, but it shows you all of the possibilities for getting from one place to another.

ChipNDale Express- I know this is off topic but it's my thread anyway- so here goes (LOL)
Do YOU know of what rental car companies have drop off/pick up locations on DIS property? I want to rent a vehicle for the transportation from airport to hotel (1 day rental) and same for the trip back (1 day) but it would have to be on DIS property to drop off and pick up or else I'd have the same transportation problems just trying to get from and to the vehicle I'm renting!!!!

(and thanks again for the help with WDW transportation. I still intend to use it for my trip while there. ;) )

National and Alamo have offices at the Car Care Center, and offer shuttles to pick you up and drop you off.

Originally posted by The Sybah Shelstah
Shuttles to pick me up/drop me off.. for FREE? Or with an addtl charge? Sorry for asking so many questions. :(

They are complimentary (FREE)! I've used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter