WDW vs. Aulani?

Well, there went my Universal Studios backup plan. All that leaves me with is Hershey Park.

Pennsylvania is good, right? Right?! 😭
I’m from Maryland and went to Hershey Park the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. It was a freaking disaster. Wall to wall people. Mask compliance horrible. 2 hour waits were standard. Disney in August was a dream, that was a nightmare. Trying out Busch Gardens Williamsburg today. Fingers crossed that will be better!

I guess that’s a no, @EmJ :guilty:

Aulani is looking better each day!

If I had that choice, I'd choose Aulani. There are some travel restrictions to Hawaii, but I think you don't have to quarantine if you have test results within 3 days of traveling. United might even be doing testing for their flights.

WDW is going back to full capacity.

I guess that’s a no, @EmJ :guilty:

Aulani is looking better each day!
Lol, I’m probably the only person in the planet who has no interest in going to Hawaii. We are not a beach family. In fact, the last time we attempted to take our son to the beach, he refused to put his feet in the sand, and scooted around on his butt until we put his sneakers back on. Hawaii would be wasted on us 😂

I guess I’m back to hoping Disneyland is open by... June...

I might reserve both for now—I’d be concerned Hawaii’s reopening could be restricted/walked back if cases rise much. They just don’t have the medical infrastructure.

Lol, I’m probably the only person in the planet who has no interest in going to Hawaii. We are not a beach family. In fact, the last time we attempted to take our son to the beach, he refused to put his feet in the sand, and scooted around on his butt until we put his sneakers back on. Hawaii would be wasted on us 😂

I guess I’m back to hoping Disneyland is open by... June...

My family is not into the beach or outdoor activities, and we had fun on our first trip. We had relatives living in Oahu, so we spent time with them and skipped most of the touristy stuff. We drove around the island, checked out food places, explored Pearl Harbor, and checked out regular stores. There is a macadamia farm that my parents loved (roaming roosters and smash your own nu...er macadamia nuts😅).
I've heard that most people find Oahu too busy, but I liked it.

Oh, and we did check out Aulani. It looks beautiful and I found a stash of sold out Harveys/ Stitch purses there.

I was looking at the map. But where is Aulani on Oahu? I've been to Waikiki before. Is it near there?
It's tucked away in an area that is only for resorts/golfing. It's probably my least favorite part of the entire island. There are other parts of the island where you can get by with public transportation, but you really need a car if you are staying in Ko Olina.

RE: Not wanting to go to WDW because of increasing wait times

I'm not holding my breath either. This is unbelievable. Every theme park that I am familiar with around the world is open. Why is California so special? But I'm definitely not going to WDW. The lines are so long now, and with no fastpass, it's not for me.
They aren't though outside of the weekends. From everything I've read and seen the past 2 weeks is that posted times are not actual wait times (you can cut that in half at least). When I went in early September this was the same. It would say the wait was 30 minutes and we were there in 10-15.

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't though outside of the weekends. From everything I've read and seen the past 2 weeks is that posted times are not actual wait times (you can cut that in half at least). When I went in early September this was the same. It would say the wait was 30 minutes and we were there in 10-15.
That's interesting to hear. Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eye on weekday waits and keep in mind the discrepancy.

That's interesting to hear. Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eye on weekday waits and keep in mind the discrepancy.
I'll be able to give another report in a few weeks as we head to WDW at the end of this month...Still holding out hope for our surprise Xmas trip to DL for our kiddos but that's looking bleak otherwise back to WDW for Xmas (never been there for Xmas)

Thank you for this!

How did I miss this! LOL. Went to DTD this week and totally missed this thread, thanks to @theluckyrabbit for starting this! Since DL does not look like it will open for December, we asked our kids tonight what they would prefer. WDW or Aulani. They picked WDW. So now I am diving into planning since none of us have been. Won't lie, my type A planner self is freaking out a bit. LOL. Also secretly hoping some miracle happens and DL announces an opening date before we book our flights....

Looking at Coronado springs....or possibly a very close offsite hotel. Super overwhelmed looking though. Any tips, tricks, thoughts, insights are welcome! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts