WDW website - the most infuriating

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
Ok so having read that 2019 WDW Packages would be available to book as of June 19th, why oh why are we still not able to see prices ahead of September 30th 2019?!?

All I’m trying to do is quote for a hotel in November - when are they going to be released? And will I miss out on the ‘freebies’ just because I want to go later in the year? Cannot get my head around this.

Even went into a Virgin Holidays at the weekend and they have been blocked out from booking any rooms other than at the Swan and Dolphin for that time frame? Someone give me some logic before I loose my mind! I can book universal hotel rooms this far in advance. Does this all boil down to that darn Star Wars opening?!?

The 2019 packages that were released yesterday are on the American Disney site not on the UK/EU site therefore they are not available for UK travel agents to book.

I've had the same problem on the UK website - not able to get a quote beyond 30th September and yet last year we booked our upcoming trip in October at the beginning of July after tracking prices in June. I was able to get quotes just after the release date in April. I know that the US offers were released yesterday and checked again this morning - was able to get a quote for my dates but only for 5 hotels. Last year we had lots of options and eventually booked SSR.

Mrs TT

I thought the Disney site only allowed bookings of 499 days to your check out date, so November would not be available.

I wonder if the opening of Galaxy's Edge is impacting the release date?

We booked for 14th Sep to 24th Sep 2019 at the end of April.

Update: as of 29th June this is the screen I get. So have they quite literally booked every single room? Just seems super odd that I could call them and possibly get some prices?? I’m so confused!

Attachments

• 6BAEE6E3-0012-455A-BC0D-658F7470AEBD.png
    6BAEE6E3-0012-455A-BC0D-658F7470AEBD.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 12
Does it depend what hotel you are looking at? I am booked into next October at AKL (sep 20- Oct 5) so could get a quote past 30 September.

Does it depend what hotel you are looking at? I am booked into next October at AKL (sep 20- Oct 5) so could get a quote past 30 September.

Nope this was just a general search for all hotels between 30th Nov - 11th Dec 2019. I’m hoping by August time maybe they’ll release them if the 499 days out is anything to go by. All I want is prices to weigh up the pros and cons of staying on property vs off site! And to ensure I can save up enough to stay on property by then! Nightmare

I thought the Disney site only allowed bookings of 499 days to your check out date, so November would not be available.
We booked our trip for September this year in April last year and were well over 500 days out. I don't think your reservation shows on mde until 499 days but we were definitely able to book before this.

We booked our trip for September this year in April last year and were well over 500 days out. I don't think your reservation shows on mde until 499 days but we were definitely able to book before this.

Same here, but for next year.

OP - might be worth just giving them a call :-)

They have changed things now when I called. She said the UK was to be inline with the how far out you can book in the us. However they weren't really showing any availability when I called.

Last edited:
They have changed things now when I called. She said the UK was to be inline with the how far out you can book in the us. However they weren't really showing any availability when I called.

Yikes so not showing any availability as in they really have sold most of the rooms or they really can’t tell you so far in advance? Looks like it’ll be an offsite stay for me then!

Yikes so not showing any availability as in they really have sold most of the rooms or they really can’t tell you so far in advance? Looks like it’ll be an offsite stay for me then!
Basically they told me to keep calling back. They seemed to think more could open up but were uncertain. My husband and I booked the Beach Club in May for the end of Oct 2019 and now my parents want to come and I find it hard to believe that not a single hotel has availability for the same dates.

Well that is definitely not true as I’ve booked our December 14th 2019 to January 4th 2020 holiday in April of this year using a U.K. travel agent. We’ve got 3 weeks at The Yacht Club with tickets and dining plan and 2 rooms. Although I’ve not yet got a confirmation number that I can put into MDX the holiday is definitely booked and confirmed.

Well that is definitely not true as I’ve booked our December 14th 2019 to January 4th 2020 holiday in April of this year using a U.K. travel agent. We’ve got 3 weeks at The Yacht Club with tickets and dining plan and 2 rooms. Although I’ve not yet got a confirmation number that I can put into MDX the holiday is definitely booked and confirmed.

Yeah about 2/3 months ago they were all showing and stupidly, because I wasn’t sure if I was going to go or not, I didn’t put a deposit down nor write down any prices and now my mind fails me. I went to a Virgin travel agent the other day for a brochure and they are now having the exact same problem. She told me they have multiple guests that had been quoted and all of them wanted to go ahead but by the time they had gone back to them to do so, Disney had blocked off all of those dates and apparently they can’t move forwards with booking any of those customers holidays!! just wish they would explain themselves, I presume it’s all to do with SW opening.

No availability for places we wanted to stay for
My dates now in October. Last week as above it said I could not book that far in advance. Ahhhhh what to do now. Any ideas why there is such limited availability?!

you can only book 499 days out - so anything past 499 days from today won't show up yet

So you wouldn't be able to book anything past November 12th, 2019

I would bet some of it is Star Wars

you can only book 499 days out - so anything past 499 days from today won't show up yet

So you wouldn't be able to book anything past November 12th, 2019

I would bet some of it is Star Wars
That’s not quite right, you can book over 499 days out - I did. The 499 refers to when the trip will appear on MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!