WDW wouldn't trade my friend's Sedesma pins..

Luv2Roam

My question was more along the lines of - Are the CMs trading Sedesma pins. Earlier posts said they were, then they weren't and then they were. Just wondering what the current status was, if anybody was down there recently.

I was there just last thursday and they were allll over the CM's lanyards. So I'd say, Yes, they are tradable.

Winnie

So here's my question. Were going in two weeks. I've been out of the pin trading scene for awhile (I try and pace myself snice it all does add up fast and start to look again when I know were going to disney). I don't care if it's LE I don't care if it's rare and so on. I trade for what I like. I hadn't heard of Sedesma until now. Is it worth trading for them if I like it but later down the road don't want it. Will I be able to go back and trade for something else or will they change there mind again and i'm stuck with a pin i'd really rather not have. If not I see no point in trading this time around if there on all the CM lanyards.

I have traded with a CM for a Sedesma pin. Someone must have traded him for it since it was on his lanyard.

I was also at WDW just a couple of days ago, and saw Sedsema(sp) pins all over lanyards. My daughter traded for one and later that week she traded it back for another pin, with no trouble. We had no trading problems. Everyone with a lanyard stopped to trade with my DD5 and were very nice.

Aryn

I had never heard about these pins until i read this thread a couple of days ago. Then I noticed that I had a Woody one on my cast lanyard. Yesterday, I ended up with three more. I asked some others in my shop about accepting these for trade, and noone had heard that they were not acceptable. Personally, I don't think the quality is there. But I did have a little boy trade me a regular clossonne pin for one of these Sedesma pins yesterday, as he loved Tigger.

:D

I just got back today and yes there are Sedesma pins on all the CM lanyards. I kinda played dumb when the CM said they wouldn't be taking these for much longer and asked why. After several long conversations with CMs, several told me that their managers have told them that Disney will soon be putting the brakes on trading these pins. For now, they are still very tradeable but who knows for how long???? None of the pins that I took to trade were Sedesma but I did go through my pin books that night and pulled out about 10 of them in my collection. I traded them the next day 'cause I didn't want to be stuck with them. I'm going back in December with my granddaughter and just don't want to worry about it. :wave2:

I have just come back from two weeks at the Florida park.I had no problems swapping the Spanish Sedesma pins, and nobody else did.I spoke to Wendy, who is in charge of pins at Downtown Disney, who said that as long as the pins have (c) Disney on the back, they are kosher.
I also spoke to another man, whose job is to remove pins from the lanyards, and replace them with better pins.He told me that Disney recently had a meeting, and it was decided that Sedesmas' pins are acceptable.
It was my first time in a Disney park, in the U.S., and I would like everybody to know that it was perfect, and the people were too.
:bounce: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :flower: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cool1: :wave2: :rotfl2: :banana: :love1:
This is to inform everybody that there will be a pin evening, no charge, at the Sequoia Lodge hotel, Paris park,on 25th February, from 6 to 10 p.m.
So bring your pins.
byeeeeeee,
R°O°n

Hello ladies,
This is to inform everybody that there will be a pin evening, no charge, at the Santa Fé hotel, Paris park,on 22nd April, from 6 to 10 p.m.A limited edition of 300 Stitch pins will be available.
So bring your pins.
byeeeeeee,
R°O°n

:cheer2: :love1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :badpc: :flower: :cool1:

Hello Ladies,

This is to inform everybody that there will be a pin evening, no charge, at the Sequoia Lodge hotel, Paris park,on 24th June 2005 , from 6 to 10 p.m.A limited edition of 300 PIN TRADING NIGHT pins will be available, being the continuation of the set.
So bring your pins.
byeeeeeee,
R°O°n
:banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :rotfl2: :cheer2: :mickeybar :sad2: :love2: :rotfl: :cool1: :flower: :love:

We were at the MK on Saturday and ran into a guy at the DVC booth in Tomorrowland who refused to trade for a SEDESMASA pin. I was very upset because the 2 pins he refused (the rest were tinks or lanyard pins I didn't want to trade) were both from earlier trades from other cast members. We went to the parks last week with 3 lanyards filled with quality valuable pins (no SEDESMASA) and I let my daughter trade. She was real good a picking out lanyard pins and apparently liked the SEDESMASA pins as well, since we ended up with several.
I argued with him based on...it says Disney, and SEDESMASA means nothing to me (he claimed to have been a pin merchant and claimed they were fakes).
He wouldn't take my pin, but let me keep the lanyard pin we were trying to trade for.
It was nice of him to let me keep the pin (he also informed me of another lanyard pin that I almost traded to him), but he made me feel like some sort of criminal...and after reading this thread (that I searched for to research whether these pins are fake or not), he was a liar.
My next trade was with a girl in Adventureland and guess what, the pin I traded one of the SEDESMASA pins for was another SEDESMASA pin. I stopped and mentioned to her what the idiot CM said about the SEDESMASA pins and she said she knew nothing about it.
I DID stop at city hall and registered a complaint about the CM and how he made me feel. And the CM at city hall did back me up saying that as long as it says Disney, it's ok.

And as far as not allowing them, that is absurd...the pin trading rules are very clear...a Disney pin or even a sponsors pin (rainforest cafe, planet hollywood...) is a valid pin for ANY pin trade.

And (after reading this thread) if ANY CM gives me any grief over this again, I will give him more grief than he can possibily imagineer!!!

Was it multiple Cast Members who refused to trade the pins? On my last trip I traded about 90-100 Sedesma pins at WDW and did not have any problems

Please is there any pictures of the Sedesmesa pins? Please help me understand the difference between the pins.

I just ordered 100 pins from ebay.

thanks

Please is there any pictures of the Sedesmesa pins? Please help me understand the difference between the pins. I just ordered 100 pins from ebay.

Here is some info on Sedesma pins:
http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=5271

Did you buy a pin "lot" where the pins are loose (i.e., does the description say the pins are in packaging (if they're booster packs) or on backing (if individual)? Or did you buy pins that are less than $1.25-$1.50 per pin?

If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, it's likely that you bought some (or all) scrappers. Scrappers are not Sedesma pins. Sedesma pins are legally licensed and manufactured pins; they just aren't necessarily liked because of how they look and feel. Scrappers, on the other hand, are not legally manufactured. They can be over-runs (i.e., Disney contracted with the factory to make 1.0 million pins, but the factory made 1.1 million and sold the extra 0.1 million on the side), rejects (the pins didn't meet quality standards and should have been "scrapped"), or outright fakes.

Please is there any pictures of the Sedesmesa pins? Please help me understand the difference between the pins. I just ordered 100 pins from ebay. thanks
It is probably true that you have scrappers. But don't worry you should have no problem trading them at the parks. I buy lots all the time and have never been told no. The truth is that most pins the CM have to trade are also scrappers. So just have fun and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter