We’re all going on a Summer Holiday to the Disney Parks -WISH July Lifestyle/Challenge

Feel free to start reporting your end of month goal outcomes or you can wait until Monday if you want every last opportunity to meet your goal.

@sweetpeama we don't seem to have any others takers for August yet ... Would you like to start it and I am sure one of us will jump in for those days you are away? Just give us a heads up again of the dates you are away...

Holding off on doing my reporting for the end of the week until tonight and then will do a final on Monday or Tuesday ( since I am known to post after midnight)

The days that I am going to be in and out are Aug 7 this day I can post but it might be later in the day as my girls have project judging in the morning so we have to be 30 minutes away at 9:15 for check in at 9:30 with judging at 10. Depending on what time we get done we could catch the lunch hour traffic coming back home so it could be a bit longer. Their session ends at 2 ( we better be done before that as I don't want to hang around until the evening session at 5) so the latest I would post would be around 3 my time ( I am an hour ahead of DLR time and 2 hours behind WDW time). Hopefully we can get most of their stuff loaded the night before ( DH is being told he has to take the car to work that Sunday night so we can) with the exception of the clothing exhibits which I would like to keep nice on their hangers. At least they don't have food projects ( well they do have their bunny treats which they can put in a glass jar for storage). I hope it goes fast-9 year old has 4 tables to go to and 12 year old has 6 that I can think of unless they combine the sewing and needlework ones ( which for the morning session I doubt they will). A lot is going to depend on how long the lines are, how many actual tables they have for each area and if I can park my self at a spot right on the edge where the kids can have their stuff that is not being judged at the moment instead of being on the other end down by the bathrooms.
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7984683,-108.4772601,18.75z

Judging is in the building that says Yellowstone Downs (google maps is not accurate as the racing was actually in the narrow building right next to the track) with the actual judging in the part that looks like a square was added on. Just to the top of the square is a set of doors and the part that would be long and fairly thin to the missing square makes up the offices, concession stands, cleaning supplies closets, bathrooms which that set is at the far end so I can hopefully be down that area just a little bit. ( If you switch views you can see the doors easier. The walk that looks like it just runs into the building above there is where the bathrooms connect in the back through the locker/changing rooms which are locked when not in use).

The other days I know for sure are the 12th and 13th as we have animals down there that day as well as shows ( technically 12 year old shows on the 12th but we have keeping the aisles neat duty on the 13th as well as a fashion show. The 19th is another one that I know for sure since it is awards ceremony in the morning. The rest of the week all the stuff we have for sure is later in the day, what is going to factor in is if 12 year old places high enough to do the round robin for showmanship on the 18th or if she has an over all Grand or Reserve champion then they stay all week and we have to be down to feed and water. the 20th is pick up the non animal displays and getting some rest from a tired week.

Thing said by Exhibitor parents

Did you check water

Are your pens/cages/stalls clean

Did you sweep the aisles

Go sweep

Go check water

Get changed into your show clothes

What event do you have next ( checks list to see which kid needs to be where when)

and

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TIME THE COFFEE STAND OPENS UP

Morning all!

Fri QOTD- I have nothing planned for the ending of the month but errands, household stuff and getting steps in.
Sat QOTD- I love all the latest weight loss myths I see on the newstands, online... I used to try the latest supplement, theory, diet,...but never for very long. For the couple yrs I just stopped reading and listening to all of it. I think it came down to me realizing that I know what I need to do , I think we all do at this point, but getting in the mind set to do it and following through.

I met my goal and then some. I lost 6 lbs this month. My goal was 4. I am at it 2 1/2 months, still a daily struggle.

I managed to get in 11 minutes yesterday though it was interesting trying to get things done. Between DH getting a fire call again. This is a love hate situation for me as I love that he is able to earn extra money yet I hate that we are having so many fires ( 24 active fires in MT as of this morning and that is not counting smaller ones that are handled by local crews usually volunteer departments-just the ones fought by crews that specialize in wildfires). Some of these are 80-100% contained but won't be completely out until there is enough snow cover. Amazingly food is the same way. I love so much delicious food and how it can be prepared yet I hate that I have to watch what I eat ( unlike my DH who eats just about everything that doesn't eat him first ( except liver) and doesn't gain an ounce-I even caught him sneaking his belt in yet another notch and the man only has a 32 inch waist).

Reporting 300 out of 400 minutes so far this month 75% and 100% for days that exercise was done for a combined total of 87.5%

Good morning everyone July and our "summer holiday at the Disney Parks" ends today.

That last day in the parks is always a bittersweet day of having enjoyed your time there, not wanting it to end and soaking up every last bit of Disney magic to keep us going until we can return....

Exit.jpg

This is a pic of my kids leaving Disneyland late one night on our trip - it is a little blurry as I snapped it whilst walking behind them .... they were full of excited energy after a big day and you can see they are taking with them souvenirs and memories of the magic that they will remember for a lifetime.

So on this last day as you leave the gates for the last time, think about what the highlights of the month were for you, what ride/strategy will you go on/use again and again? What ride/experience isn't for you and so next time you won't need to wait in the line as you now know better?

Post your final results for us to celebrate today before we head over the August Thread which sounds like and exciting Western adventure :-)

Thank you to everyone for sharing and supporting each other along the way this month and a big thankyou to @MommaoffherRocker for being a fabulous co-host :D

My final report for the month is 67.31% of my combined goal. It was my lack of activity that let me down. For my food goal alone I as at 94.62% - activity is a struggle for me and something I need to keep lining up for and even though it is not my favourite ride it is one that I want to learn to love.

I ended up with 6 lbs lost in July which put me at 120%!

QOTD: The highlight for me was probably seeing the result of our anniversary gluttony-palooza. While I don't feel any guilt about allowing myself some freedom that specific week as part of a celebration, it was enlightening to see the correlation between that and not losing any weight. That may sound very obvious, but before I was on WW and not tracking food at all, I thought my regular habits were healthy enough that the occasional (and by occasional, I mean weekly) little binge wasn't doing me any harm. But now I see that it has a bigger impact than I thought and I need to keep that in mind as I continue toward my goal.

What a great month of hosting @4Mickeys and @MommaoffherRocker -- many thanks :)

Checking in at 100% - by the skin of my teeth, I got in my 8 classes.

So on this last day as you leave the gates for the last time, think about what the highlights of the month were for you, what ride/strategy will you go on/use again and again? What ride/experience isn't for you and so next time you won't need to wait in the line as you now know better?

It was interesting to see basically what maintenance mode looks like for me. No progress was made this month, but I didn't gain even with a vacation so that's woohoo worthy. BUT I really do need to either modify my diet or go more often to the gym to see the scale go down. 8 classes isn't enough for a loss with my current eating habits. This coming month I think will be more of the same. Basically the same structure with going to Disney. This time I will be gone for even longer and will not always be in charge of choosing where and what we eat as a group (cooking at the time share I mean- when we choose at the parks, I will have more say), so I will use basically the same strategy as before while trying to up my number of classes. I am hoping to maintain again in August and get back to loosing in September. I don't want to completely fret about my weight at Disney, but I won't go whole hog off the rails either.

Highlight of the month happened Saturday at the mall when I zipped up size 8 shorts. They don't "fit" yet, but they zipped! For perspective I was a solid 12 sometimes even 14 at the beginning of the year (and was definitely creeping up on a 16 two years ago when I decided I needed to make a change). There is light at the end of this tunnel! Even though I feel like I am loosing momentum and treading water right now I have GOT to keep plugging along...

Thank you @4Mickeys and @MommaoffherRocker for an awesome month!!!!

Monthly check-in: averaging out the three goals, I'm closing out July at 88%... quite an improvement over a couple months of not even trying. My highlights for the month would have to be getting going with the Nutritionist and learning that my adrenals aren't quite up to snuff and getting the support they need

Had a lovely weekend, although not exactly on-point from an eating stand point. Let's just say there ended up being more than one dessert last week. Saturday I did very little during the day, but in the evening I went over to Vashon Island with my Sister to see the local community theater group perform Little Shop of Horrors. Vashon Island is directly across from the neighborhood I live in, as a matter of fact the ferry dock would be within walking distance of my house if you could go straight, which you cannot. That was weekend boat ride number one. Sunday we headed over to Bainbridge Island: boat ride number two. That ferry dock is in downtown Seattle and the boat ride is about twice as long. As I had mentioned I wanted to go to the yarn store over there and also chose to go to a place called Bloedel Reserve, which turned out to be fabulously wonderful. Its a family estate that's been opened for touring. We took a good long walk thru the gardens, which are done up in what's called "therapeutic landscaping". And boy was it. Then in addition to yarn I got a set of needles I've been wanting, and started to knit with them last night... they are already my all time favorites.

I'm not wrapping July up on the best of notes: I didn't fix/bring my breakfast or lunch today. Tonight I'll sort thru things and make my meal plan for the week, so that I start August off right. Last week I ordered a sous vide: you put your food in to pouches and put them in water then this device heats the water and it is supposed to be fool proof cooking. For something like a steak, you cook it with the sous vide, then just toss it in a pan to sear it. I'm kind of tired of eating miss cooked food, so I'm hoping this will help. Looks like it won't arrive till end of the week, so I'll plan meals as if I don't have it yet.

Happy Monday everyone... and so long July, you whizzed by at break neck speed, but it was great while it lasted.

I already ck'd in on weight. I am so happy I got a treadmill this month. My avg steps is between 11/12 k a day now. That is something am proud of. I remember thinking how does anyone who doesn't work on their ft(like a nurse,retail...) get in the steps,even the recommended 10k. It takes a bunch of time that is how. I will say that my home is getting the short end of the stick. I took all the extra time I am spending on planning and prepping and exercising is coming from the time of my least favorite activity- housework.

I will see you all over on the August thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!