We are coming home!

HFC1969

Grand Floridian Junkie!
Hello,
My wife and I just signed the contract on our DVC purchase. We have been hooked ever since our Grand Plan Honeymoon at The Grand Floridian. Now that we have a 1 1/2 year old, we feel we will use the DVC.
I want to thank the creator of this bulletin board and all the members who participate. You guys helped us research the purchase, completely. I find myself checking the site everyday. A few questions that I have:
1. We bought the package from a resale agent, they said that Disney will send us a new owner's package, as if we bought it from Disney. My question, is that package helpful?

2. Our point purchase was for 700 points at OKW, will this amount of points be sufficient for a family of 3? keeping in mind that grandma's and grandpa's will be tagging along from time to time.

:pinkbounc Thanks again and see you soon!

Welcome Home!!!!!

You are going to LOVE it!!!!

Here is a link to the DIS DVC calculator if you haven't already found it. Whether your number of points will be enough depends on what size unit you want, where you want to stay, and when you want to stay.

With the point calculator, you can go over thousands of possible vacation combinations.

I should know....because I have done it :)

one word of warning before you start with the calculator:

Calculating and planning DVC vacation combinations can be habit-forming and potentially dangerous to any interpersonal relationships you have with fellow human beings. So procede with caution!!!!!

DIS DVC point calculator

Congratulations and welcome home, new neighbor!

Welcome Home! Wow... 700 points. Are you set or what??? See you around the neighborhood!!!

Wow, 700 points, that's a great package. If you'd really like to see what possibilities you have with that many of points, check out the vacation planner I just made available to fellow DISers.

Here's a link to that post: CLICK HERE

Enjoy :p

I can only dream. We have started with 160 points and I'm really hoping for an add-on within the next couple of years. You're family will just love it. I think 700 points would do me just fine!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

Congratulations and welcome home!! I don't know about your resale question but as far as your purchase of 700 points, I'm jealous. We started with 230 points and added on 70 before our first trip. You will be able to do a whole lot of vacationing with 700 points, and you will love OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter