We are doing Disney Restaurants at home this week... Could use a recipe..

ps17

DIS Veteran
Well, our Spring Break was supposed to start last night. Undeterred and sheltered in place, we are doing our cancelled ADRs from home.

For examlple: We will have Cape May with crab legs and such. We are planning a 50s Prime Time with fried chicken and Pot Roast. For California Grill we will have takeout sushi, etc...

We are planning a cancelled Via Napoli, but this one is going to be tough: Can you really make pizza that approaches that quality from home?

We did O'Hanas a few weeks ago. Pinterest has lots of ideas. We tried quite a few some were better than others. The salad and noodles were right on! Of course we made Lapu Lapus to go with. We are so disappointed that we are missing our trip. I'm not sure if cooking is helping or hurting. Would love to know how your meals go

The quality of home made pizza is dependent upon the ingredients and technique. To get really good dough like Via Napoli, you need high gluten flour (like King Arthur or Gold Medal "Better for Bread"), hard water, and a pizza stone for your oven. Follow the directions in the recipe, including the punching down of the dough, and you'll end up with good crust. Above the crust is up to your taste. You want to get that pizza stone piping hot before you put in the pizza. My oven has a special pizza setting, which turns on the broiler and the lower heating element to get the stone up to temperature, and then reverts to 450 degrees after the pre-heat. Of course, for a truly authentic version, you could also build an outdoor bread oven (I recently saw a video on making a quick and dirty version with bricks and cinder blocks that could be easily disassembled when you tire of it) and fire it with wood or coal to about 800 degrees.

What a wonderful idea! CraiginPA pretty much covered all things Via Napoli pizza crust. They actually use imported water from Italy so it will be hard to recreate completely, but high gluten flour is the way to go. We're actually doing pizza tonight and find that making the crust a day ahead of time as we find an overnight rise gives it better flavor. We also use our pizza stone on the grill vs. the oven so it can get even hotter.

We ordered instacart from Costco...
You can get the frozen churros from the food court for 1.00 each.... you can also get them cooked.
With instacart you do not have to have a costco card to order costco.

50s Prime Time pot roast tonight and for levity, we are actually going to pull out a prop or two from the basement (parent hand me down things)

Last night I made Butter Chicken and fresh Naan. The recipe isn't from Sanaa but it's very close from what I remember. We have an awesome Indian Market a few towns over and I'm loaded up with spices. https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/

As for Pizza if you can find it I highly recommend using 00 flour for your dough. It does make a difference. Santa brought me a Ooni Pizza Oven this year and we've made Friday our Pizza and Disney Movie Night. That oven is amazing. Heats to over 900 degrees and cooks your Pizza in under 2 minutes. I made the Via Napoli Carciofi Truffle and Artichoke Pizza 2 weeks ago.

Last night I made Butter Chicken and fresh Naan. The recipe isn't from Sanaa but it's very close from what I remember. We have an awesome Indian Market a few towns over and I'm loaded up with spices. https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/

As for Pizza if you can find it I highly recommend using 00 flour for your dough. It does make a difference. Santa brought me a Ooni Pizza Oven this year and we've made Friday our Pizza and Disney Movie Night. That oven is amazing. Heats to over 900 degrees and cooks your Pizza in under 2 minutes. I made the Via Napoli Carciofi Truffle and Artichoke Pizza 2 weeks ago.
What is 00 flour?

I just looked at this pizza oven. My son would love it!

We did luau night tonight!! Wanted a lapu lapu but I’ve still got work to do tonight (and I learned from a coworker not to drink and email....LOL). Found my recipes on Pinterest too.

LOVE this thread!! I’ve been thinking the same thing!

@Cramden is there a truffle oil you recommend? I’ve been craving the truffle risotto from.....where did I have that? Cali Grill?

Attachments

• B817D830-DEBB-4386-9F5B-A092DB2AD22C.jpeg
    B817D830-DEBB-4386-9F5B-A092DB2AD22C.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
We did luau night tonight!! Wanted a lapu lapu but I’ve still got work to do tonight (and I learned from a coworker not to drink and email....LOL). Found my recipes on Pinterest too.

LOVE this thread!! I’ve been thinking the same thing!

@Cramden is there a truffle oil you recommend? I’ve been craving the truffle risotto from.....where did I have that? Cali Grill?

I'm a fan of either Urbani or Sabatino and always have one of the two in my kitchen. I prefer White to Black but it's personal preference.

Great job on the Luau by the way!

So last night we had pot roast from 50s Prime Time. Today we had Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken. We are now 2 for 2. My kids love it and are already asking what we will have tomorrow. I already found 00 flour and a pizza stone os on it’s way via Amazon.
We do have Cape May and Via Napoli planned - and we are contemplating Boma and Palo, but maybe for just Choclate Soufle

For anyone who has the slightest passion for making pizza I highly recommend buying the book American Pie: My search for the perfect Pizza by Peter Reinhart. Not only is it full of excellent recipes it's an entertaining read that follows his global pursuit of finding the worlds best pizza. I use his Neapolitan recipe regularly.

What a wonderful idea! CraiginPA pretty much covered all things Via Napoli pizza crust. They actually use imported water from Italy so it will be hard to recreate completely, but high gluten flour is the way to go. We're actually doing pizza tonight and find that making the crust a day ahead of time as we find an overnight rise gives it better flavor. We also use our pizza stone on the grill vs. the oven so it can get even hotter.

Actually, they import their water by tractor trail tanker car from the Pocono mountains, where I live. The water here is very similar to the water in Naples. Lots of trace elements in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter