• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

We are just so lucky on the east Coast.

fireman17

"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day t
Just sitting here thinking to myself about living in New England and how lucky I am. I realize that Walt Disney World is only a three hour flight for me and my family and once we arrive we have so much to do and see and we will be doing just that in June.
Now, I know there is Disneyland with California Adventure, Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Paris and I am sure they all have their own individual charm but for us here on the East Coast we have so much in Walt Disney World from parks to resorts and so on.
For me each and every time my family makes the trip to WDW it's always as exciting to me as it was on our very first trip and I hope that I and my family will never lose the magic in us when it comes to WDW.

I couldn't agree more. A three hour flight to the most magical place on earth that is just as new and axciting as the first time we went!!:yay:

Another new Englander chiming in here!!

OP
We're going in June too, when are you going? We are there June 24.

i loved leaving out of logan, when we got in the air, the pilot said it would be a 2 hour and 30 minute flight, i was excited because that was 30 mins of getting to the resort sooner!
... then when we landed there was a sick child, EMTs boarded and they thought the kid had menengitis. so my 30 minute early arrival turning into a 2 hour wait :\ ah well.

1 hour 20 min flight for us! Gotta love it! But it makes when we drive (11 1/2 hours) so much worse. We do half and half:driving and flying but everytime we drive after flying I just keep thinking an hour in, man we could almost be there now.

Yep you are lucky!! I really hate the 5 hr plane ride we have to take to get to WDW. But good new is the military is moving us back to the East Coast for a couple yrs. We can't wait to be able to drive down to WDW for the first time. It is going to save us alot of time and aggrevation :cool1:

Another new Englander chiming in here!!

OP
We're going in June too, when are you going? We are there June 24.

We are going June 12 to the 21. Starting at the Yacht Club then Saratoga Springs and ending at Beach Club.

We are heading out 3/14 from Boston. However, we are closer to Manchester, NH airport. Flights out of Boston were less expensive and still non-stop (my only requirement). I'm waiting for either Jet Blue to be added to Manchester, NH or Southwest to lower some of the prices to Orlando (they jump all around). Either way, 3 hours is an easy commute for WDW.

And I can't wait. I guess I'd go to Disneyland if I was going to be in Cal. anyway. But I couldn't see going out of my way to go there. Doesn't seem to be enough stuff to do there. Now Disney World is just The Best Place In The World!!!
Nancy :banana:

Yeah, our kids are feeling real lucky right now. Ther were just informed by the school district that they are losing one day off their Easter break because of too many snow days.

Any how, back to the subject at hand... not only do we have a 2 hour flight (more like 6 hours if you count trave time to the airport, waiting at the airport, flying, getting luggage, transport to WDW) driving is also very doable for many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter