We are leaving in 26 days with no fastpasses set

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
My son is getting the tickets through his work but he hasn't yet (he's in the middle of moving his family to a new house). I just bite my tongue, don't want to add more pressure on them.
When he does get the tickets do you think I'll be able to get any FP's? We don't really want to go on fast, bouncy or thrashing rides, which are more popular. Things like it's a small world, haunted mansion, carousel of progress, those types of rides. Are we in trouble in July not having fast passes?

My son is getting the tickets through his work but he hasn't yet (he's in the middle of moving his family to a new house). I just bite my tongue, don't want to add more pressure on them.
When he does get the tickets do you think I'll be able to get any FP's? We don't really want to go on fast, bouncy or thrashing rides, which are more popular. Things like it's a small world, haunted mansion, carousel of progress, those types of rides. Are we in trouble in July not having fast passes?
You’ll be fine booking those type of rides.

For tomorrow, FPs are available for every ride in MK for a party of 3.

As soon as tickets are linked, book FPs and continue to check for other available time slots by using the Modify function.

You won’t need a Fastpass for Carousel of Progress. There are only a handful of attractions that are difficult to get Fastpasses for. At MK, those would be 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan and Splash Mountain. Everything else is easy to get same day.

The hardest one to get at Epcot is Frozen Ever After. Soarin is probably the next in popularity, but it’s doable same day. Next would be Test Track and you don’t need them for anything else, although you should get one for Spaceship Earth.

At the Studios, Toy Story Mania and Rockin Rollercoaster might be hard to come by. Forget about getting any for the new rides in Toy Story Land.

At Animal Kingdom, it’s really hard to get them for the new Pandora rides, but everything else is up for grabs. :)

Don’t stress about it. Just because FP is offered, it doesn’t mean you need them. There are many attractions that offer Fastpass that totally don’t need them because they are in theaters that fit dozens of people in at once. Like Carousel of Progress or the Frozen Sing Along.

You are in luck because the "fast, bouncy or thrashing" ones are generally the ones where the FPs get used up more quickly.

You mentioned Its A Small World and Haunted Mansion, I just checked Touring Plans and each of those have many FP slots open as early as 9:20am, and those rides are ones with fast moving lines anyway. Same thing with Jungle Cruise, plenty of slots open starting first thing in the morning, so you should be fine.

We do last-minute trips. I make FPs 1-3 days in advance. With persistence you can get almost anything—even FoP.

So I understand that your son is getting the tickets through his work... aka, there's some sort of discount, but why not buy the tickets yourself and have him pay you back? Depending on the company and the discount, there's minimal difference. Through my work I have a discount for Disney tickets, there's also Undercover Tourist then Disney themselves. When I price all these out, the difference is very minimal. Sure, there's some savings, but looking at how you actually get your tickets, it's sometimes easier to just pay the Disney amount.

Just a thought.

We left Disney June 10. And on the way home I decided to take my daughter back for the end of July 4th week. I could get almost everything we wanted at times we wanted. There was no FOP, Seven Dwarves, or the 2 new Toy Story rides. But everything else was wide open, including Frozen and Navi. Going during one of the hottest times of the year does make fast passes easier.

There is no FP for Carousel of Progress.

For pretty much every ride in MK except 7dmt and maybe Space, you'll have nearly free pick. I usually book FP's about 2 weeks out

You will be able to get plenty and maybe even some of the popular rides. Once you get there keep refreshing the fastpass you want on MDE and you will be surprised what will pop up.

So I understand that your son is getting the tickets through his work... aka, there's some sort of discount, but why not buy the tickets yourself and have him pay you back? Depending on the company and the discount, there's minimal difference. Through my work I have a discount for Disney tickets, there's also Undercover Tourist then Disney themselves. When I price all these out, the difference is very minimal. Sure, there's some savings, but looking at how you actually get your tickets, it's sometimes easier to just pay the Disney amount.

Just a thought.[/QUOT
Flight of Passage which is in Pandora at Animal Kingdom
thank you!

As soon as the tickets are purchased, link them to your account.
Then book what you can for FPs. It sounds like you are not looking at the really popular attractions so you may do better than you think.
Keep checking even up to the day of as people cancel all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter