We Love Steak!

Stephy811

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going mid-December and I'm struggling with the last ADR. We would both eat steak every night and be happy but I do have Via Napoli, Be Our Guest dinner (both will probably get steak!) and Raglan Road in the schedule as well. I also have adr for Le Cellier, which we have never tried. We did Yachtsman last time and were underwhelmed so looking for another option. Artist Point? Jiko-is it too adventurous? Somewhere else? Open to suggestions please!

If you were underwhelmed by Yachtsman, you may want to reconsider Le Cellier. Will the Disney Springs restaurants fit into your plans? If so, look into Boathouse and STK. They serve very high quality beef. If you are paying out of pocket, Shula's, bluezoo and Bull & Bear are worth considering. All 3 have some of the best steaks in the region.

I have always enjoyed the steaks at Jiko. There is nothing "adventurous" or challenging about them. If you're concerned about a sauce, just have it on the side. Some of the appetizers are more exotic, but they have salad, too. Artist Point has not been consistent with food and service, so they are currently on my avoid list, but many people love it.

Overall, Disney does a decent job with steaks, even at 1TS places. Over the years, I've only had a few bad ones (but they were REALLY bad). But otherwise, they've been mostly good or better.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are paying out of pocket...we've done Shula's in other cities so kinda ruled that out. Bull and Bear sounds amazing and might work with our schedule though.

Boathouse has an grill that has the capabilities to char the outside of the steak but keep the inside as rare as you want it (Done with high heat). Great steaks.

My comments were going to be similar to @Pygoplites. While we really enjoyed Yachtsman (not best steak I've ever had enjoyed, but liked), we were disappointed with Le Cellier. I can't recall right now which steak my husband ordered, but while it was good...it was mid-range steak house good. I had he raved about filet and I left with a "that's it?" feeling. Shula's usually gets better ratings from steak lovers, but I have a hard time considerin it for my WDW trips since it's not unique to Disney. I've always been told Bull & Bear is the best in the Orlando area, but it would involve a trip offsite. I've heard really mixed reviews on STK and Boathouse, but have no first hand experience. I have heard consistenly good things about the Wagyu filet mignon at Flying Fish, but that's the only steak option.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are paying out of pocket...we've done Shula's in other cities so kinda ruled that out. Bull and Bear sounds amazing and might work with our schedule though.

Since you are paying out of pocket, DEFINITELY look into the restaurants that are not on the dining plan. I've had a number of truly excellent meals at Bull & Bear. I'd put it in the very top-tier of U.S. steakhouses (i.e., better than Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, Shula's, etc.). And because the Disney Signatures have gotten so expensive, Bull & Bear's prices don't seem so shocking. Love the dry-aged NY strip! Their table side Caesar salad is perfect, too.

You also might want to check out Capa, which in on the 17th floor of the Four Seasons. You can see fireworks from there. I recently asked one of the top Disney executive chefs to name his favorite restaurant in the area and he chose Capa. It is on my list for next time.

When it comes to Le Cellier I tell people we ate there when it was 1 credit and the food was good. It is not bad food but they are living off their rep. I was somewhat underwhelmed by both The Boathouse and Yachtsman decent food but The Boathouse is just to noisy to enjoy and at Yachtsman I had to explain that when I order a steak rare, complain and they take it back bringing me the same steak 10 minutes later even more cooked isn't a good idea. As to Jiko love the place, love the food and the service. Never has anything but a great meal there.

We might be in the minority here, but we had a terrible experience with Yatchman's steak house. We had poor service and our steaks were awful. The management did take care of us, could have been an off day, but the whole experience was bad enough that we will not try it again.

We have only had wonderful dinners at Le Cellier, excellent service every time and our steaks cooked to perfection.

Where is this Bull and Bear? Never heard of it. I am a steak lover but my teen is not. Do they have anything other than beef?

Have you tried STK in DS? My husband and I LOVE them and have been going for all of our special occasions since our first time eating there earlier this year! The rib eye is my go-to, but my husband raves about their Delmonico. I can't speak highly enough of them (though cannot compare to any of Disney's other locations as we have not yet been).

Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'm going to keep Le Cellier despite the mixed reviews (one of those I feel I need to try to get out of my system) which is our first night then somewhere offsite our last night...I'm leaning towards Capa or B&B.

I don’t recommend LeCellier because it’s priced too high for what they offer. Not worth 2 TS credits when compared to other 2 credit places.

However, if you are determined to go, they do have some excellent recipes. The cheddar cheese soup IS all that, especially with pretzel bread. The filet mignon over truffled risotto is a fabulous dish. If you want dessert, the maple creme brûlée is crazy good, or if they still serve the chocolate “moose,” it is wonderful too. :)

A hidden gem for amazing steak is Artist Point. :cloud9: Oh my goodness, its truly the best steak i've ever had. So tender you dont need a knife. They cooked it perfectly, just the way i like it. Honestly, you really cant go wrong here if you want an amazing steak. Dessert is to die for as well.

If the OP was underwhelmed by YSH, then I'd just stick with the run of the mill places. For really good steak, Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria (Bonnet Creek) can't be beat. Shulas (Swolphin) has lots of good reports with many rating it better than YSH. YSH us almost always rated bette than Le Cellier or any other restaurant in WDW.

For the most part, I'd tell anyone who truly loves steak to try something else at WDW. There are some good ones but you likely have a better steak place at home. Try something else. Shula's and STK are probably the best for steak, maybe Citrico's.

looking for another option.

1) I have an option for you.
2) But, you will have to leave The World.

For a real treat, go to The Hotel Tea Room in Davenport, Florida on a Friday evening. It is run by a real/true "Little Old Lady" (Miss Mae), who refuses to charge big bucks! They have a Rib-Eye or New York Strip steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shula's. The steak covers the entire plate. These are the only things on the menu for Friday nights. They get primals and do their own cutting of the steak. It is an OLD hotel with a small dining room. Has an award winning Pastry Chef from TV and he has Best-In-Show awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our total bill for the wife and I (steak at 1½"-thick-after-cooking, rolls, veggie, salad, dessert, and taxes) was only $66.00. You can split the steak and pay less than $35 total for two people . . . one steak dinner price plus $6 for the extra potato and salad. This place does not sell alcohol, but you are free to BYOB, without a corking charge.

I have family members with food allergies so they always tend for dinner to get a steak with either fries or a potato and vegetables and our favorites are Le Cellier, Chefs, and BOG. We also love Boma at AKL.

The Wagyu and Brisket at Tiffins were absolutely amazing!

1) As a retired Vice-Pres for Hitachi America, I traveled to Japan at least every quarter.
2) I can tell you the "Wagyu beef" at Tiffin's is American beef, not true Japanese Wagyu!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter