We rode Rise of the Resistance on Walt's Birthday on our first Mother/Daughter Trip! December 2019! Updated September 19th!

I always hear a lot about DHS not having a lot to offer in terms of QS, but I think next to DAK it has some of the best. Ronto Roasters, Woody's Lunchbox and Docking Bay 7 definitely rank up with Flame Tree BBQ and Satul'i Canteen for me. I also love Hollywood Scoops and Backlot Express is so nice and tucked away. I think people just love to harp on Studios for anything bad when there has always been a lot of good.

I kind of agree about people harping on DHS, and I don't get it. But then, I love Tony's at MK and well, you know how everyone talks about that.

Ugh, I love Studios's retro Christmas decor. I firmly believe it is the best of the four parks, easy. Echo Lake in particular is so aesthetically pleasing to me.

It's literally perfect there. I thought I had more pictures of Gertie and was sad when I couldn't find them :sad1:

I know I'm coaxing my mom for a trip, granted that will probably be just Universal, but I wouldn't mind also maybe stopping over so we'll see. Still so much uncertainty. Hope you continue to stay safe and healthy!

Sounds fun! Stay safe and I hope you get to go!

I read the DIS too much apparently.
I saw "CT" and started puzzling over it.
"Cinderella's Table? No, that's CRT.... Carousel of... nope. Crystal.... no..."
Then the nickel dropped.

Omg, that's funny! :rotfl:

I won't hold it against you, seeing as you live in Canada and I wouldn't know your abbreviations either!

Funny. CT took me a few, but FGT was no problem. :laughing:

Of course! Otherwise you'd be a bad DIS-er! :P

Oh! I have the best video ever for her! But unfortunately I'm at work and can't access it here. I'll try to post it soon.

Can't wait to see it!

I think I told you once before about her piggy-love. It's how I knew who you were for Halloween that year you were dressed as the guy with the pigs in POTC. We always comment on that scene because…piggies :love:

oooohhh… I've never had one, so now I know where to get my first! (someday... hopefully...)

Or not, as @CruellaNY just reminded me, they took it off the menu at The Plaza and we're not even sure if Rosie's is open :confused3

More to come on that!

Pecos Bill's moved far down the list for me. And I suspect the fixins bar is now long gone too.

Why? Because the fixin' bar is gone? I figured I could just ask for the fixins", I think they are giving them in individual serving sizes.

What you ordered looks much better than what I had there.

You had bad ice cream? Is that even possible?

Am I mixing you up with someone else? Didn't you once say you didn't take good selfies?
Maybe I'm thinking of someone else because that clearly isn't the case.

You're not mixing me up as evidenced by this photo that I almost didn't post! :rotfl:

I know! I feel the same way! I wish I'd known I might not get back... well, for at least a year, probably more.

Yes, next time I'll need ample warning there is a pandemic looming so I can mentally prepare myself o_O

Yikes. But yes, please keep us posted.

I will :goodvibes

Thanks for the report Kelly, I enjoyed reading along.
I hope you, and all of us, get to travel again soon!
Hopefully the Canadian border will open soon so I can at least think about a WDW trip sometime.

Thanks for reading!

I hope the border opens soon too, even if you can't go right away, it'll be nice to even have the option!

Stay well!

This was taken at 10:05.
Are you like me where you see pictures of seas of people like this and just cringe?

but I'll never not think about these two whenever I think of One Man's Dream :P
❤ ❤ ❤ This may be my most favorite day in MGM ever!

At the time, there was a trick about what times they actually dropped
more SDD FPs into the system and it was right around that time
when we were in line for TSM
I had no idea this was a thing. Not that it matters now but I didn't know they dropped FPs during the day. I just thought it was based on cancellations

October Trip Update: Well, CT changed the travel advisory so now I believe we can get tested 72 hours before returning home. I'm waiting to see if my work updates their advisory based on this. So at this point, I still don't know if we're going. Let's just move on, shall we??
That sounds more promising. Still crossing everything I got for you. And me too b/c Jason is very interested in what my friend the nurse decides to do

We finally made it to Rosie's and this deliciousness...
Oh this looks delicious. Wonder if they are open now???? Love me some friend green tomatoes

People complain about the lack of food options in DHS,
but this is my third favorite QS option,
after Pecos Bill's and Les Halles, of course :thumbsup2
Of course

I love these retro decorations at DHS...
So love these. I keep looking around for vintage Christmas decorations b/c I want my house to look just like MGM. Sadly nothing ever stacks up to their amazingness

We had a little time to kill, so Allie recreated this from our 2010 trip :love:

❤❤❤

Great report, thanks!

And thanks for reminding us what the park were like back when things were normal! Love those mask-less faces.

View attachment 525488

View attachment 525489

Thanks for reading! I'll keep y'all posted of any new developments and I'll be back soon with the last day of our December trip!

[/QUOTE]
I love that park bag, and the tree topper is so cute! 🎅 I am sorry about your upcoming trip difficulties. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for you to go to WDW! 🤞

I read the DIS too much apparently.
I saw "CT" and started puzzling over it.
"Cinderella's Table? No, that's CRT.... Carousel of... nope. Crystal.... no..."
Then the nickel dropped.

Moving on...

Funny. CT took me a few, but FGT was no problem. :laughing:

It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out FGT, even after looking at the pictures. And why are you putting them in a hamburger bun? I am like @pkondz. They are definitely NOT a Wisconsin thing either! I hope Rosie's is open in November so I can find out what the excitement is all about!

Omg, that's funny! :rotfl:

I won't hold it against you, seeing as you live in Canada and I wouldn't know your abbreviations either!
:laughing: Thanks!
I actually do know a fair amount of State abbreviations... but I just wasn't thinking of that at the time.
Of course! Otherwise you'd be a bad DIS-er! :P
:thumbsup2
Can't wait to see it!
Found it! Here it is!

I just love right at the very end how proud he is of his little ticket.
I think I told you once before about her piggy-love. It's how I knew who you were for Halloween that year you were dressed as the guy with the pigs in POTC. We always comment on that scene because…piggies :love:
Riiiight!!
Or not, as @CruellaNY just reminded me, they took it off the menu at The Plaza and we're not even sure if Rosie's is open :confused3

More to come on that!
Standing by! And... no more at Plaza? This is uncalled for!
Why? Because the fixin' bar is gone? I figured I could just ask for the fixins", I think they are giving them in individual serving sizes.
That but mostly because of the menu change. I want the old Pecos back.
You had bad ice cream? Is that even possible?
Oh, yes. On my last trip, I wrote about the Apple Crisp à la Mode.
It was sickeningly sweet and mostly just a melted mess when I got it.

IMG_2820_zpsxrfunquh.jpg

You're not mixing me up as evidenced by this photo that I almost didn't post! :rotfl:
Okay, so it was you... and you're obviously wrong about that!
Yes, next time I'll need ample warning there is a pandemic looming so I can mentally prepare myself o_O
::yes::

Are you like me where you see pictures of seas of people like this and just cringe?

Now? Yes!

Before the pandemic? Eh…not really. As long as they aren't "Christmas at MK" level :scared1:

This may be my most favorite day in MGM ever!

Same :grouphug:

I had no idea this was a thing. Not that it matters now but I didn't know they dropped FPs during the day. I just thought it was based on cancellations

Oh yeah…it was all very thought out and calculated down to the minute…as everything in Disney is (or was). I listened to many podcasts about it and still had no success :sad2:

That sounds more promising. Still crossing everything I got for you. And me too b/c Jason is very interested in what my friend the nurse decides to do

Not looking good my friend :sad2: I'll send you a picture of the screenshot I took yesterday of our latest Covid Town Hall meeting. The words "highly discouraged," and "rare exception," were used and of course there is a huge algorithm I'd need to navigate. I'll text you when it's not 5 am, but basically, unless FL comes off our state's "Hot Zone" list, it's not happening 😞

That being said, if I could go, I would! So don't let what happens with my trip necessarily influence yours!

Oh this looks delicious. Wonder if they are open now???? Love me some friend green tomatoes

@CruellaNY is totally on this and will report back soon! I hope!

Great report, thanks!

And thanks for reminding us what the park were like back when things were normal! Love those mask-less faces.

Thank you! One day we will all be back there with mask-less faces :D

I love that park bag, and the tree topper is so cute!

Thank you! I can't wait to put the topper on our tree this year!

Maybe I'm making too big a deal about the FGTs! I love them but they are definitely not for everyone. I wouldn't want you all to be disappointed!

Oh, Kelly, I do hope your work adjusts their policy, so you can head down to soak up some much-needed and well deserved MAGIC!!!!

This sounds like a wonderful last day to wrap up your trip with Allie. Some of my favorite Disney trips have been just me and my Mom. I completely get what you mean about the difference between traveling just the two of you, and planning for/traveling with everyone!!

My fingers are crossed!!

Allie's favorite animal has always been piggies
and Ham looked so cute with his Santa Cap

Both Allie and Ham look cute!

We finally made it to Rosie's and this deliciousness...

This does look good. I have a confession to make. I've always lived in the south but have never had Fried Green Tomatoes. :scared1:

Before heading out, we stopped for a couple of PP pics...

Love this one of you two!

I love these retro decorations at DHS...

Me too!

This is so cute. The girls want to try to recreate some photos too.

And clearly we were sad to be leaving...

We do this too.

and from the fake-o-rail...

Beautiful!

We are planning on going the first full week in December 2021,
either the 4th-11th, or 5th-12th…something like that.
My birthday falls on the 9th
and I would love to start making this my yearly birthday tradition.

I hope you can make this a tradition and spend some birthday time in Disney.

Finally caught up- I was so far behind.

I hope that you can still take your October trip. My hospital had the same policy- 14 day quarantine with no exceptions unless your absence would cause "a staffing emergency" and they found that they were without a lot of staff and changed it to returning to work with a negative test. I understand why they're being so careful and I certainly don't take the pandemic lightly but life does have to go on and we all have to adapt.

I would love to make a December trip an annual thing too, especially since the baby is due in December although my parents would probably riot if I take him away for his birthday.

Hey there! Just saw your TR so I'm going to binge it! Hope you're doing well and you have all the PPE you need at work!

Wow this is so retro!

I can see us becoming travel partners someday, like @disneyAndi14 and her daughter,
especially since Mike won't fly and I really want to go places eventually
that you really can't drive to, ie Europe and Hawaii.

That sounds amazing! I fully support you two being travel partners.

finally settled on
All-Star Movies for really cheap.

Not quite BLT, but I'm excited to see the room!

We used our points for a 2-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower

Your fav!

possibly September 30th-October 7th?? I'm hoping that since so many of us will want to be here for this, we can have another EPIC trip like we did last May!

Ooooh, that would be so fantastic. Will keep these dates in mind... and will plan on putting myself out there more on the next EPIC trip!

I originally had three nights in a 1-bedroom at CCV but I was able to change that to six nights in a CCV deluxe studio.

Ooooh yes! CCV looks absolutely beautiful!

but I find the rest of the ride lacks something.

It is a bit lacking, but it's so relaxing and dark!

I wanted to let you all know that my Allie has finally joined the DisBoards!
Her username is @olafofwarmhugs

Hi there Allie! @olafofwarmhugs I love your hair!!

Oh, AND we had to get up at 4 am for a little thing…
the Grand Opening of Rise of the Resistance!

YIKES, that is so so so early, but we know it paid off!

Definitely smaller than other rooms, but I think they utilized the space so cleverly!

Wow, so homesick for Disney that THIS makes me miss it. And I've never even been to All-Stars!

The absolute best Disney World decorations. I do hope they put them up this year!

Beautiful! And I adore that sweatshirt.

Oh my goodness, how did I sleep on the Small World MB? I need it!!

During the little send-off on Monday, I tripped in the garage and hurt my left fore-arm/wrist pretty bad. Of course, I waited for Nicholas to leave and then had Allie drive me to get an x-ray. Thank goodness my arm wasn't broken, but it's still pretty sore and has been in a sling all week

Oh no! I do hope you're all healed up now!

My Pecos Bill'S Southwestern Salad. Yum!

Can confirm this is very tasty!

Around 2:30, we headed to Allie's favorite restaurant in ALL of WDW,

Wow, that's high praise. Will have to try this someday, now!

These are the cutest passholder magnets I've ever seen!!

I also converted all of our Southwest travel credits to Rapid Reward points since they never expire and are easier to use.

Ooooh that's smart. Debating doing it myself.

Whaat, that's so tiny. I swear it was a lot bigger when I saw it in 2014.

I'll have to finish up the TR at another time!!

Ok, finishing up now!

. What I do know is that CT updates their travel ban list every Tuesday and September 29th is the last Tuesday before our trip so I guess that's decision day.

Oh, that's more hopeful! Really hope you can make this trip happen and get some magic in your life. I know it's sorely needed after this rough year.

It's the one ride in all of WDW that I really don't enjoy.

Agree! I really like the launch, but the track has just gotten too rough, and upside down isn't very thrilling. Give me a drop any day! But I'm also not a fan of Mission: Space.

This photo is way too cute!

I've read all the tricks about how to increase my score,
but pulling the shooter kills my arm! :rotfl:

Just gotta push through the pain!

I love the sauce and the arugula they add, and the roll is just perfect 😋

Arugula! Surefire way to get me to order anything.

Awww that's too sweet. Love photo recreations.

but not as sad as we would have been had we known this was to be our last trip until…???

Blech, this darn year. What a terrible rollercoaster.

Oh, Kelly, I do hope your work adjusts their policy, so you can head down to soak up some much-needed and well deserved MAGIC!!!!
My fingers are crossed!!

Thanks, Jackie! :-)

This does look good. I have a confession to make. I've always lived in the south but have never had Fried Green Tomatoes. :scared1:

What?? Crazy! I think I'd eat them allllllll the time if I could! 😋

Finally caught up- I was so far behind.

No worries!

I would love to make a December trip an annual thing too, especially since the baby is due in December although my parents would probably riot if I take him away for his birthday.

That's so exciting, it's coming up! Maybe in a couple years…and then you should bring your parents with you so you could have some adult fun too!

Loved reading your mom and daughter report, my favorite kind, lol 😂

You're my inspiration, Caroline 🥰

I’m sorry it isn’t looking good for getting in your October trip. I know exactly how you are feeling.
Keep us updated!

I will, thanks!

Hope you're doing well and you have all the PPE you need at work!

We're doing great! I hope you are as well!

Not quite BLT, but I'm excited to see the room!

"Not quite BLT," is a bit of an understatement! :rotfl2:

Ooooh, that would be so fantastic. Will keep these dates in mind... and will plan on putting myself out there more on the next EPIC trip!

Yes! This soooo needs to happen!

Definitely smaller than other rooms, but I think they utilized the space so cleverly!

It was fine for this trip and the bed was comfortable. I wouldn't want to stay here with more than two people in the room, or on a longer trip where we just like to take breaks in the room, but it was ok for this kind of trip :thumbsup2

Wow, so homesick for Disney that THIS makes me miss it. And I've never even been to All-Stars!

:rotfl:

Sometimes, it just hits you, doesn't it?? :sad1:

Oh my goodness, how did I sleep on the Small World MB? I need it!!

I love it! And I also just picked up the cute new Minnie one :love:

Oh no! I do hope you're all healed up now!

It's been 10 weeks and I still get pain twinges. I think it was actually broken :crazy2:

Oh, that's more hopeful! Really hope you can make this trip happen and get some magic in your life. I know it's sorely needed after this rough year.

I hope so!

Just gotta push through the pain!

Haha! I'm such a wimp! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter