We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Lostgirlz

DIS Veteran
We should start a disneyland cake thread for all of us who will be having a birthday while at the Land. If anyone has any pics of things they have ordered whether it be cakes, or surprises left in room if you wouldnt mind please share them, so we all might can see the fabulous job they can do.

I would love to hear about the cakes. I got one years ago and is was the most awful thing in the world (who puts Raspberry goo in a cake for kids???:confused3 ) so I have been scared to try again, but maybe you guys can change my mind.

t_=31309473

This is the mickey ears cake you can make at the Pat E. Cake birthday party at Plaza Inn restaurant.

t_=31309473

Sorry, let's try that again, it's my first photo I've tried to post, not sure what I did wrong.

I would love to hear about the cakes. I got one years ago and is was the most awful thing in the world (who puts Raspberry goo in a cake for kids???:confused3 ) so I have been scared to try again, but maybe you guys can change my mind.

That was the same experience I had last October with a cake from one of those birthday buckets. Not a delicious, or even good, cake by any stretch of the imagination...

I too would be interested as we will be celebrating my dd's 16th birthday in February. We will probably have dinner at Blue Bayou and I would like to arrange for a special cake. Since she is a teen and not a child I want a regular cake and not a "child's" cake. Anyone know anything about what I can get?

i know this isnt a cake but were doing bday stuff there and im loking for ppl to contact websites with disney land gift baskets. but not by disney they dont look as good as some ppl i saw makeing soem for wdw.

Also we will be doing a bday party for my son even if its not good cake its the excpirnce tho maybe we will luck out and have good cake.

First you have to put the picture onto a site like shutterfly or photobucket. Then copy the URL of that image, come back here, click reply, click on the little picture that looks like mountains with a sun *just* above the reply "box", put in your URL, click OK, and finish your reply.

Does that make sense?:upsidedow

That's exactly what i did on the 2 posts above which have no picture:mad:
The pictures are in costco.com photo center, maybe I'll try my Adobe account and see if that works.

I wanted to bump this thread up, If anyone has any pictures of cakes they have ordered through Disneyland we would love to see them. I know WDW can do a fabulous job based on pics I have seen on the WDW board, but never have seen a thing on anything special Disneyland can do. If any of you Ladies, or Gentleman have any pics if you wouldnt mind sharing that would be great. Pics can be cakes, or anything special you arranged for your stay.

LETS KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. Have a wonderfull, and magical day.:cheer2:

Here is the cake I got for my birthday at the Paradise Pier hotel. It was a marble cake with fresh strawberries & cream in the middle with a chocolate ganche frosting. It was great! It had chocolate covered strawberries & a chocolate mickey on the front and those are strawberry waffer sticks on the side.

cake2.jpg

cake.jpg

See that's the spirit right there :cheer2: post all your goodie pics. I would have NEVER known I could set up something cute like that wiht plates, and the cake and choco mickey. I am sure if PP offers it DLH is sure to offer something simular. Thank you for sharing that with all of us. I was just gonna do some strawberries,cookies, and krispies, but wow your pic has me now thinking on a whole new lvl. Keep it up with all the wonderfull tips, ideas, and magical moments. Have a magical day. :wizard:

Here is the cake I got for my birthday at the Paradise Pier hotel. It was a marble cake with fresh strawberries & cream in the middle with a chocolate ganche frosting. It was great! It had chocolate covered strawberries & a chocolate mickey on the front and those are strawberry waffer sticks on the side.

cake2.jpg

cake.jpg

Mmmmm, that cake looks delish! Now I want someone to have there birthday there so I can get some of that cake. Yumm!

How do i go about doing somethin special for my hubby. He will be celebrating his 35th B-day there and we are driving from Texas to Anaheim on our 11th wedding anniversary. I would really like to have something special planned. just some info we will also have DD (22mos) and DS 5yrs with us.

TIA

Jenn

Who was the contact department for this beautiful cake? PP Room service or Vacation Planning? I have called Vacation Planning to discuss ideas for my son's 4th birthday at DLH and they have been great giving me different ideas. They mentioned that I can special order a cake; did Disney come up with this design or did the person who ordered it tell them what to make? Also, was this served at a restaurant or was it delivered to your room? I have gone back and forth with just having a slice of cake served at Goofy's Kitchen with a candle but after seeing this stunning cake I am leaning towards a special order!

cake2.jpg

cake.jpg

cake2.jpg

cake.jpg

MamaKate, was it as delicious as it looks? We'll be celebrating dh's bday on our next trip and would love to order a cake like that. Do you recall the price and did you call vacation planning?

I would also like to know the scoop on the cake....how much did it cost and did they come up with the decorations or did you specify?

Looks like the birthday pic you were kind of enough to share has kicked this little thread back up to the top. I can't wait to see other pictures. The birthday is really cute. I really like the addition of the mickey, and all the extra details. This is why I thought this thread would help some of us who will be coming soon get some new, and different ideas on what we can do to add more magic to the already happiest place on earth. Look forward to reading, and seeing others who have celebrated a birthday, or event, or even who just decided to add more magic to their vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!