Wedding Week Dining Report *Updated 1/3 Skipper Canteen COMPLETE*

I thought i was wowed before, but it just keeps on coming. The carriage through Epcot is just to die for!!! Are you sure they weren't recording your wedding for that Disney Wedding show because yours blows away the ones I've seen. I hope your guests appreciated how much time and effort (and I'm sure $$) you put into this.
You are so sweet! We were not filmed, I tried looking into it but I've heard they take a lot of control away and will plan what they think works for TV more than what you actually want for your wedding. I didn't do videography since it was really expensive, but it would have been nice to have that. The carriage ride was really amazing, best way to end the night for sure. I think my guests had an amazing time, they keep telling me it's the best wedding they've ever been to. It definitely took a lot of time and planning, but so worth it. I think most of them figure it cost a lot since it was a Disney wedding, but none of them have mentioned it to me.

I'm happy you had such a wonderful wedding! It sounds spectacular, and your dress was beautiful
Thank you!! It really was the perfect day. :)

Wow the carriage ride in EPCOT. What an amazing experience
It was so cool, I really felt like a Princess waving at all the people and Cast Members as we rode by. My wedding planner told me another bride has requested to do this so I've become a trend setter.

What a remarkable wedding day! Everything looked perfect. Hopefully all of the wonderful memories will make the anxiety about late guests fade away. May your lives together be peaceful, happy, and content. What a beautiful foundation to build on in the years ahead. I bet it was an event your guests will never forget. Congratulations!!
The day really was perfect, I couldn't ask for a better day. Thank you so much!!

Congratulations! What a amazing wedding day.
Thank you!!

Just...WOW. The dress, the flowers (both gorgeous!!!), the party, and OMG the carriage! What an amazingly perfect day :lovestruc
Thank you! I loved my dress and bouquet they were both so beautiful. The carriage ride was perfect, such a unique experience going through the park with all the people I loved every second of it. It really was the perfect day!

Oh my goodness!! First - your dress is to die for. And the bouquet is the topper. And then that carriage ride. What a wonderful day!!! It brings tears to my eyes. My students keep asking me if I know you and that is why I'm crying. They just don't get it. Amazing!!!!!!
Thank you!! It was actually the second dress I tried on, I just knew the moment it was on me that it would be my dress. You are the sweetest!!

Joining in, very beautiful! The food looks amazing and the carriage ride, oh my exactly what Fairytale’s are made of!
Thank you for sharing.
:welcome:Thank you! It really was a true fairytale wedding, I felt like a princess the whole day.

What a wonderful way to end your day!!!
I think the dessert party was my favorite parts of daughter's wedding, it's just so special and unique. People still talk about it 10 years later.
I'm sure your guests will do the same.
It really is so uniquely Disney, I mean where else can you get a firework show on your wedding day! The food was so good there too, I'm wondering if Disney could recreate all my meals for me for my one year lol. I could definitely see my guests talking about it for that long, they all mention how the wedding was really fun. It sounds like your daughters wedding was just as perfect :)

Following. I just went through all the details and pictures and it is all so magical and beautiful. Thanks for sharing all these details so far. Congratulations!!!!
:welcome: Thank you!!

What an absolutely amazing day from start to finish!
Totally wowed by all the surprises! Your dress, flowers and food all look fantastic!
Many magical memories made for sure:love:
I really like doing surprises. I surprise my husband all the time with stuff so it was fun to do that for him on the wedding day and have all the little surprises for the guests too. It really was a magical day! Thank you!!

What a beautiful and amazing wedding day!
Thank you so much!!

November 12
Coral Reef Lunch

Monday was our first official day as a married couple! We couldn't sleep in since one of our guests decided to bring a 20 piece china set to the wedding instead of having it shipped to our house like all our other guests did. We had a lot of stuff we were bringing home and didn't have the room for the giant box, so my parents offered to bring it home for us. They were staying over at the Contemporary and had breakfast plans at The Wave. I had no intention of going to this breakfast, but my parents thought it would be nice for me to see some more family before everyone left.

upload_2018-12-5_11-35-22.png

So off to The Wave we went. I've never been here before and I didn't actually eat anything so I don't really count that as trying the restaurant out. The reservation was for 10am for 10 people and took about 15 minutes past the ADR time to be seated. We had lunch reservations over at Epcot so eating here wouldn't make much sense. The waiter was really nice though and brought out complimentary mimosas for me and my new husband. We were rocking the Minnie ears with a veil and Mickey tuxedo ears and I also made custom Wifey and Hubby shirts with est. 11/11/18 on them.

upload_2018-12-5_11-39-42.png

upload_2018-12-5_11-41-35.png

I also had a cappuccino that I forgot to take a picture of. I woke up TIRED this day. Leading up to the wedding I wasn't sleeping much at all, I think from nerves and excitement. On the wedding day I was running on pure adrenaline so I wasn't tired at all that day. Now that the wedding was over it was catching up to me. Of course I didn't account for that in my planning and had a fun filled day at Epcot planned :smooth:

We hung out for a bit with the family before taking our leave to get to Epcot. Since we drove over to the Contemporary we decided it wouldn't make much sense going back to our hotel and taking Disney transportation so we drove over. Wow the traffic to get in was crazy! It took us over a half an hour to get to the gate. Did I also mention today was the last day of Food and Wine? If you can avoid this day in the future do! It was super crowded everywhere and we didn't even end up eating at any of the food booths.

Our first Fast Pass was about to expire when we got into the park, for Spaceship Earth. We got on just as the 15 minute grace window was ending. As we were walking in the line I realized we had lunch reservations at 12pm and it was 11:40am. This ride takes around twenty minutes to go through and we were going to be late. I am OCD about being on time, I normally arrive for things way far in advance to ensure I'm on time. So this was stressing me out that we weren't going to make it there when we were supposed to. But I hadn't thought about it until we were basically on the ride so there wasn't much I could do.

I enjoyed the ride, I've heard it is going to close for two years for a refurbishment so it's probably the last time we could go on it for a long time. We then power walked over to Coral Reef. We got there a couple minutes past 12, but there wasn't any issue. They congratulated us on getting married and I think it contributed to our awesome seats.

upload_2018-12-5_11-50-23.png

upload_2018-12-5_11-50-41.png

We had a table right up against the glass. So many sharks and fish swam by us during our meal, it was awesome.

So I know that this restaurant gets mixed reviews. I was a little worried since I had only dined here once before probably 10 years ago with a friend. We had also gotten a table against the glass and I remembered loving that, but not the food. My Husband had never been and I thought he would enjoy the view.

upload_2018-12-5_11-52-20.png

upload_2018-12-5_11-52-38.png

A picture of our menus.

I was trying to decide what I wanted to order, the Lobster Mac and Cheese sounded good, but I knew it wouldn't top the one from the wedding so decided against it.

upload_2018-12-5_11-53-55.png

I was pretty obsessed with the fish in the tank and couldn't stop taking pictures.

upload_2018-12-5_11-54-24.png

They brought out some rolls. I honestly can't remember if I ate these or not. Oh, forgot to mention! Our waitresses name was Mulan. How cool is that?

upload_2018-12-5_11-55-36.png

She provided us with a fish identifier. Not included on here was a new baby hammerhead that we saw swim by a few times.

Continued next post...

November 12
Coral Reef Lunch Continued

upload_2018-12-5_11-57-1.png

I ordered the shrimp and grits. This was delicious! It tasted really good with a lot of flavors and I would definitely come back for more.

upload_2018-12-5_11-57-48.png

My Husband, the meat eater, ordered the steak at a seafood restaurant. He really liked it though so that's good. When he was ordering he had asked if they could give him plain mashed potatoes, the ones on the menu were loaded. She originally said no and he had ordered a different side, but when she brought out the plate she mentioned that they were able to accommodate him because the allergy mashed potatoes came plain. The bowl on the side was creamed spinach, which I think I ate almost the entire thing and let him have one or two bites.

upload_2018-12-5_12-0-3.png

I don't know if they place food next to the windows or what, but we had a few manta rays stop by here.

upload_2018-12-5_12-0-43.png

A little hard to tell, but this guy was spotted.

upload_2018-12-5_12-1-8.png

And my favorite of the meal...Mr. Sea turtle. I have about a hundred pictures and videos of this guy. He seemed very angry with the coral reef and was hitting it with his flippers. At first I thought he was stuck, but he just seemed to enjoy messing around the coral reef.

upload_2018-12-5_12-2-38.png

Mulan surprised us with a chocolate molten lava cake with raspberry ice cream. I really liked this. I don't order a lot of desserts when I go out so it's nice when they surprise you with a free dessert and get to try something new.

We left and went to ride our remaining fast pass Living With the Land. I had another for Soarin that we missed since it fell over the time we were at lunch. Now I mentioned I was really tired earlier, well we got front row on the ride and the moment we sat down I rested my head on my Husband's shoulder and instantly fell asleep. I am the type of person who does not nap, ever. So this was really out of character for me and showed how exhausted I was.

I had a dinner reservation at Le Cellier booked for 6:30pm that night. Stay tuned to see if I make it there or not :faint:

Sounds like a fun lunch! We were pleasantly surprised by our dinner there--I agree with your husband that the steak was yummy. And fun that you got surprised with the free dessert. But I completely agree with you that the tank and the animals are really the star of the restaurant. Like you, I took SO many pictures!

Wow you must have been exhausted to fall asleep in Soarin! Hopefully you make it to Le Cellier! :D

That was great of you to join your family over at The Wave, but who brings the china to the actual wedding :confused3 You should try The Wave someday though. Probably my favorite breakfast buffet in the world.

Good to hear your Coral Reef meal went well. I've never actually eaten here, because as you said the mixed reviews have kept me away. Though I'm sure Casey would love the aquarium.

I clicked on your report for the Coral Reef review and I'm so glad I did-what a lovely fairytale wedding!

Sounds like a fun lunch! We were pleasantly surprised by our dinner there--I agree with your husband that the steak was yummy. And fun that you got surprised with the free dessert. But I completely agree with you that the tank and the animals are really the star of the restaurant. Like you, I took SO many pictures!

Wow you must have been exhausted to fall asleep in Soarin! Hopefully you make it to Le Cellier! :D
I actually fell asleep on Living With the Land, but if we had actually made our FP for Soarin I probably would have fallen asleep on it too lol. I think what's so fun about the tank is how it's constantly moving and every time you look there is a different fish swimming past doing something entertaining.

That was great of you to join your family over at The Wave, but who brings the china to the actual wedding :confused3 You should try The Wave someday though. Probably my favorite breakfast buffet in the world.

Good to hear your Coral Reef meal went well. I've never actually eaten here, because as you said the mixed reviews have kept me away. Though I'm sure Casey would love the aquarium.
So whenever someone bought something off my registry I'd get notified by FedEx when it would ship and I'd go and look to see what someone bought me. I noticed a month before the wedding that the China was bought, but it was never shipped. They also have a Thank You Manager so you can see who bought what to write Thank You cards after, but the gift said anonymous. I tried calling the store and they said the person chose not to put their name, so I had no way of calling up the person before the wedding to tell them not to bring it. It turned out to be one of my husband's good friends who lives like 5 minutes from us. He was the only one to bring an actual present, everyone else who didn't order off the registry brought money lol. Thankfully my parents were able to fit it in their car, I would have never been able to get it into mine with all our other stuff.
I want to try the Wave, I had it booked on NYE for lunch, but my plans for the trip changed around so we had to drop it. My parents really enjoyed the breakfast so I'll definitely get there one day in the future. I think the Coral Reef is worth trying at least once. I definitely think Casey would love the fish tank, it's great entertainment.

I clicked on your report for the Coral Reef review and I'm so glad I did-what a lovely fairytale wedding!
Thank you! and welcome! My reviews from here on are just the normal restaurants, but I am really happy I was able to share my wedding day with everyone. :)

What a wonderful review. The food reviews are great and I'm really glad you included the wedding information as well, Thanks so much for sharing

November 12
Le Cellier "dinner"

As I mentioned before I was really, really tired. After we had lunch we were walking around the world showcase and we were walking by the American pavilion when I desperately needed a break. We sat down, had some water and I told my husband there was no way I was going to make it to 6:30pm for our dinner reservation. It was about 3pm then. So we decided we would go to the restaurant and see if they'd seat us early, if not we'd just eat the no-show fee because I couldn't do it.

We walked in and I overheard the front desk telling people they were seating 25 minutes past reservation time, my hopes of getting in were low. I explained to them how we had gotten married the day before and I was beyond exhausted and asked if it would be possible to eat now. They gave us major pixie dust and said they would fit us in and our wait would only be 5 minutes.

upload_2018-12-10_15-3-8.png

The restaurant is beautifully decorated for the holidays. Not only did they seat us almost immediately, but they gave us an awesome booth table that had so much room. The last time we had come here, we were seated at a two top that was about an inch from every other table. This one was a major upgrade.

upload_2018-12-10_15-4-30.png

Since we had eaten only a couple hours ago we weren't really hungry. We decided to take advantage of this and order some things we normally wouldn't. (Our go to here is just ordering the steak)

The bread was delicious and of course we had to order the beer cheese soup to dip the pretzel bread in. It was just as delicious as the one served at our welcome dinner.

upload_2018-12-10_15-6-4.png

We each got our own soup, but wanted to share some poutine. I've never had this before and normally the steak is enough to fill me up, but we were already stuffed so decided this would be the best time to try some.

upload_2018-12-10_15-7-34.png

We got
Le Cellier Beef Bourguignon Poutine: Fresh-cut French Fries, Gruyère, Beef Bourguignon Gravy, Garlic Aïoli, Truffle

These were delicious! I can't believe I haven't tried them before now. I definitely will be getting these again in the future.

We were absolutely stuffed, but the restaurant surprised us with a free dessert.

upload_2018-12-10_15-10-41.png

It was two chocolate mousses kissing, how cute! And delicious. The whole restaurant was so excited to hear how we had just gotten married at Disney and we were showing them all our carriage ride through Epcot. They all signed a paper congratulating us on our marriage. Was beyond sweet!

upload_2018-12-10_15-12-25.png

This was such an awesome meal and they made us feel so special. I know this place gets mixed reviews, but I've always liked the food here. My only complaint is how squished the tables are, but the food is definitely worth it.

We left and made it back to our room. I showered and passed out around 6:30pm. It actually worked out in my favorite because I had to wake up at 2am to get hair and makeup done for our park shoot. We went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot before they opened to take pictures in our wedding attire. It was such a cool experience.

We got our professional pictures back yesterday, I wanted to share some with you:

upload_2018-12-10_15-18-23.png

upload_2018-12-10_15-20-18.png

upload_2018-12-10_15-20-58.png

The donuts are on fire :) So good.

upload_2018-12-10_15-21-39.png

Up next lunch at Colombia Harbor House...

November 13
Columbia Harbour House Lunch

I had to be up at 3am for hair and makeup on this day. We were doing a Magic Kingdom and Epcot portrait session. For those that don't know what that is, if you get married at Disney you can book a year out to go into the parks before they open in wedding attire and have a photo shoot. If you want to do this and are not getting married at Disney you can book four months in advance. The photos I've seen them from these was one of the main reasons I wanted a Disney wedding.

If you pick Magic Kingdom and Epcot you do both on the same day since the countries don't open until later. That's what we did. It was a really long morning, but so worth it. Here's one of the pictures that we took in the UK pavilion that I love.

upload_2018-12-12_8-19-14.png

I wasn't sure what time we would be back so I didn't want to make any ADRs for lunch. I did make a bunch of fast passes in Magic Kingdom so that was where we were off to when we got back around 10am.

It was really fun going into Magic Kingdom after being there in the morning before it opened. You'd be surprised how busy it actually is overnight. There were people painting, fixing the lights on the castle, planting new flowers and pressuring cleaning the ground. It was soaking wet and I had to avoid lots of puddles.

Okay one more picture :lovestruc

upload_2018-12-12_8-22-59.png

We were gifted two fast passes from the hotel because our magicbands kept not working on our door and causing issues, which was great. They were ones that could be used on any ride in the park so we went on the seven dwarfs ride twice before going to eat some lunch.

Magic Kingdom isn't one of my favorites for food, so I thought I'd take the recommendation of people on here and try Columbia Harbour House for the first time. I really liked the food and will definitely be back! We will be there on NYE so might brave the crowds to eat there for lunch then.

upload_2018-12-12_8-28-28.png

I got the Lobster Roll: Chilled Lobster with a touch of Mayonnaise on a New England Style Bun, served with House-made Potato Chips. I asked if I could replace the potato chips with fries and they said it wouldn't be a problem. A few others in line noticed I did that and asked for the same.

My husband got the Tuna Sandwich Tuna Salad served on Toasted Multigrain Bread, topped with Lettuce and Tomato, served with House-made Potato Chips. He got water and I got a Coke. I figured I'd need the caffeine. He didn't have to get up until 5am since he wasn't doing anything with hair and makeup. It's tough being a girl.

We both really enjoyed the food. The lobster roll was delicious, but insanely messy. Definitely grab a bunch of napkins if you order this. The place was packed, I went upstairs to find a table while he waited for the food and it took a while circling around until I found an empty one that was a little dirty. Then had some entertainment while I waited for him to show up. Apparently a lady had left her food on the table to go to the bathroom and a mother daughter duo show up and see the empty table. The daughter mentioned how the food looked fresh and someone was probably sitting there and the mother said it was empty so they sat there. Well the lady showed back up, freaked out someone was sitting there, started arguing with them and got a manager. While she got a manager another table opened so the two women moved to that so they weren't at the table anymore when the manager arrived. Nothing really came of it, the woman went back to her food and the manager didn't kick anyone out.

upload_2018-12-12_8-34-16.png

Sorry I didn't take many pictures here so I tried zooming in on my picture to give a better look at the food.

If this restaurant is crowded, going upstairs is a good option for trying to find a table. And the turnover of the tables happened pretty often so people didn't have to wait too long.

After lunch we were wandering around and I found the entrance to the new Club 33.

upload_2018-12-12_8-35-48.png

Sadly, they did not let us go up :)

We went on the Little Mermaid ride and I noticed that my nails were glowing in the dark.

upload_2018-12-12_8-36-33.png

We hung out in the park for a bit, then headed back to the hotel. I wanted to have some time to rest and get ready for our dinner that night at Victoria and Albert's.

upload_2018-12-12_8-37-25.png

The gingerbread house was almost done being built while we were there.

upload_2018-12-12_8-38-1.png

This cute little guy was waiting for us when we got back.

Up next our amazing dinner at Victoria and Albert's...

We couldn't sleep in since one of our guests decided to bring a 20 piece china set to the wedding instead of having it shipped to our house like all our other guests did
Umm what??? That's so inconvenient!

I woke up TIRED this day
My goodness, I can imagine!!!

They gave us major pixie dust and said they would fit us in and our wait would only be 5 minutes.
That's amazing- so glad they were able to get you seated so you could go rest.

We got
Le Cellier Beef Bourguignon Poutine: Fresh-cut French Fries, Gruyère, Beef Bourguignon Gravy, Garlic Aïoli, Truffle
Um hello these look phenomenal!

It was two chocolate mousses kissing, how cute!
Absolutely adorable <3

Your wedding photos look so gorgeous!!

It turned out to be one of my husband's good friends who lives like 5 minutes from us. He was the only one to bring an actual present, everyone else who didn't order off the registry brought money lol. Thankfully my parents were able to fit it in their car, I would have never been able to get it into mine with all our other stuff.
Leave it to a man to carry a gift several hours instead of at least dropping it at your house :-)

upload_2018-12-10_15-6-4-png.369258
Can you believe I've never tried this? We always do steak at Yachtsman so we've never ventured to Le Cellier. Since we are going in February when its cooler I'm thinking lunch here one day would be good.

upload_2018-12-10_15-7-34-png.369259

We got

These were delicious! I can't believe I haven't tried them before now. I definitely will be getting these again in the future.
Beer cheese and poutine for dinner. Sounds like my kind of meal. Add this to things I need to try.

upload_2018-12-10_15-10-41-png.369260

It was two chocolate mousses kissing, how cute!
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what this was. Very cute!

I love how even your photographer got some food pics. Sounds like they were outstanding!

If you pick Magic Kingdom and Epcot you do both on the same day since the countries don't open until later. That's what we did. It was a really long morning, but so worth it. Here's one of the pictures that we took in the UK pavilion that I love.

upload_2018-12-12_8-19-14-png.369556
I had no idea you could do something like this if you weren't getting married in the parks. What an amazing experience and absolutely gorgeous pictures.

We both really enjoyed the food. The lobster roll was delicious, but insanely messy. Definitely grab a bunch of napkins if you order this.
We are big CHH fans too so glad you enjoyed. Definitely one of the better counters service options in the world.

Umm what??? That's so inconvenient!
It really was. Not sure why someone would think this was a good idea.

That's amazing- so glad they were able to get you seated so you could go rest.
It really was magical because there was no way I would have made it to our actual time.

Um hello these look phenomenal!
It really was! I highly recommend them.

Your wedding photos look so gorgeous!!
Thank you so much :)

OMG! That pic in front of the castle is beautiful!!!
Thank you!!

Leave it to a man to carry a gift several hours instead of at least dropping it at your house :-)
LOL seriously. He lives 15 miles away from us and instead brought it up with him on the three hour drive.

Can you believe I've never tried this? We always do steak at Yachtsman so we've never ventured to Le Cellier. Since we are going in February when its cooler I'm thinking lunch here one day would be good.
I know this place can get mixed reviews, but I've always had a fabulous meal here. The only complaint I have about this restaurant is how close the tables are together, but it's more the 2 person tables, so with a larger party it shouldn't be as cramped. Definitely recommend the soup and filet and the poutine we tried.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what this was. Very cute!
LOL, I think they were trying to be cute with the two moose kissing. I've gotten a free birthday dessert here and it was one of the moose, so I guess they were trying to be romantic. It was a sweet gesture.

I love how even your photographer got some food pics. Sounds like they were outstanding!
I was hoping she did, I didn't even see the set up since people were just bringing me things. I think she figured people would like to see the donuts being flambeed.

I had no idea you could do something like this if you weren't getting married in the parks. What an amazing experience and absolutely gorgeous pictures.
Thank you!! I think originally you could only do these park shoots if you got married at Disney, they recently changed it so anyone could. They just put the 4 month timeline on so the Disney Brides get first dibs at dates and photographers.

We are big CHH fans too so glad you enjoyed. Definitely one of the better counters service options in the world.
It was probably one of your reviews that convinced me to try this place. It really was good. I normally don't like the quick services in Magic Kingdom, so I'm happy to find one I like.

Your pre park pics are amazing!!
Thank you so much :)

Your photos are just beautiful. But getting up at 3am?? Yikes. It's like I say "I only get up before the sun if there is a mouse and my castle involved." Nobody believes me until they go to Disney with me! I can't wait to hear about your dinner!! I know I will never eat at V&A but I love living vicariously through you.

Love your in-the-parks pictures, so pretty!

I'm just having so much fun reading this! Whew, I'd have been falling asleep standing up, you were powering through! I don't blame you for crashing early...that hair and makeup wakeup was no joke after an already very busy few days!

Your photos are just beautiful. But getting up at 3am?? Yikes. It's like I say "I only get up before the sun if there is a mouse and my castle involved." Nobody believes me until they go to Disney with me! I can't wait to hear about your dinner!! I know I will never eat at V&A but I love living vicariously through you.
Thank you! I'm a bit of a morning person, but that was really early even for me. I think the only reason I wasn't falling over was going to bed so early I got a normal amount of sleep. I love the V&A dinner, we've done it a few times, but will probably need to take a break it's hard to justify the cost.

Beautiful photos! Glad Le Cellier worked out.
Thank you!! I am too the food that we had was well worth staying awake for lol.

Love your in-the-parks pictures, so pretty!

I'm just having so much fun reading this! Whew, I'd have been falling asleep standing up, you were powering through! I don't blame you for crashing early...that hair and makeup wakeup was no joke after an already very busy few days!
Thank you :) The week after my wedding my sleep schedule was so messed up. I think I was continuously tired for a full week before I felt normal again lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter