Welcome back gifts?

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
Does Royal Caribbean give welcome back gifts like Disney? Can anybody tell me about them or show some pictures?

Does Royal Caribbean give welcome back gifts like Disney? Can anybody tell me about them or show some pictures?

Not quite. They have a lot more loyalty tiers than Disney and each tier adds more perks. Eg, boarding times, discounts on things like internet, lounges, drinks, laundry...
I don't think the first few tiers have many perks tho...

Yes, and no. Depending on loyalty level, you may get a plate of something left on boarding day. Cookies or maybe chocolate covered strawberries. You can also choose from a few drink options, again based on loyalty level.

the type of things Disney leaves doesn’t come into play unless you are top tier loyalty or in genie level suites

The question is, are you basing your choice on taking the cruise based on a free item at boarding? Both cruise lines do not give anything really to first time cruisers. On DCL the lowest tier (silver) gets a little more with the free gift bag. As you progress the tiers on RC the perks get a little better than DCL.

That said, the free gift bag is not that big of a deal anymore it seems. And for the cost of you are basing one vs. the other a gift bag does not cover the difference. A 7 day eastern Caribbean, inside stateroom for two, early October 2021 going rate is $1800 on Royal and $3500. I’ll forgo the gift bag to keep the $1700 overage.

The question is, are you basing your choice on taking the cruise based on a free item at boarding? Both cruise lines do not give anything really to first time cruisers. On DCL the lowest tier (silver) gets a little more with the free gift bag. As you progress the tiers on RC the perks get a little better than DCL.
No, I am not going to base my choice on my free item. I’m Gold for Disney and my second Royal Caribbean trip is planned for May 2022 if my January 2021 Disney ends up canceled.

Although I’m going to pack according to what I would get. I never pack a backpack for Disney Cruises. Apparently I need to pack a bag since I would not get on on RCCL.

And as for price we are all adults ranging from 21-78. Just got off the Adventure of the sea in January before this whole pandemic kicked in. The adult entertainment was too raunchy for my parents and their granddaughter whom was 20 at the time. They got up and left two different shows early this January, I was pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. So we need the comedy offered by Disney. This is what we will have to pay to get clean comedy or just avoid evening shows but they why even go on the cruise. Our 3 RCCL is going to be on the struggling Odyssey in 2022 after next years Allure next summer. We are going to carefully try to pick entertainment for the Allure and the Odyssey. There are cruises cheaper then RCCL, but we were happy with most things offered for our first RCCL sailing although we can see a larger or more recently refurbished ship than the Adventure to provide sufficient appropriate entertainment.

You hit platinum level you get a welcome back tray of cookies. Ar emerald you get the tray and a can of soda or water iirc. No gift bags or anything till you get to 350 points and can choose a decent sized cotton bag. But when you hit 80 points, every evening for 3.5 hours, well drinks, wine, beer, canned soda and water are complimentary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!