Well I did what I said I wouldn't do, I went with the resale at OKW

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I went ahead and snagged the 40 point contract at OKW with the Timeshare Store @$98 a point. They called me first thing this morning. It had a use year of September, which I think will work very well for us, but it does expire in 2042, but I think it will be good for us to get our feet wet and see just how the program works.

Not real sure if I over paid or not but I did look at other resale sights to see what prices they were asking for at OKW with that expiration. The September use year was a tipping point as I do like the thoughts of more time to reschedule and such if they case was to ever arise.

I was 50/50 over SSR or OKW, even though I like the due prices at SSR better, if I need the HH advantage at OKW I will have it. And I am thinking maybe ROFR won't be such a problem for me.

I don't look to hear a thing from Fidelity with the SSR contract anytime soon with the holidays. But I am sure they will have a buyer lined up already.

I went ahead and snagged the 40 point contract at OKW with the Timeshare Store @$98 a point. They called me first thing this morning. It had a use year of September, which I think will work very well for us, but it does expire in 2042, but I think it will be good for us to get our feet wet and see just how the program works.

Not real sure if I over paid or not but I did look at other resale sights to see what prices they were asking for at OKW with that expiration. The September use year was a tipping point as I do like the thoughts of more time to reschedule and such if they case was to ever arise.

I was 50/50 over SSR or OKW, even though I like the due prices at SSR better, if I need the HH advantage at OKW I will have it. And I am thinking maybe ROFR won't be such a problem for me.

I don't look to hear a thing from Fidelity with the SSR contract anytime soon with the holidays. But I am sure they will have a buyer lined up already.
confused...so you put an offer on 2 different contracts for sale? We are in final steps of a OKW contract through fidelity... cost us 65.pp for 100 points.

Yes, I went with Timeshare store. I like the 40 point contract with the September use year. I think that will work better for us time wise. Haven't heard a thing from Fidelity.

Yes, I went with Timeshare store. I like the 40 point contract with the September use year. I think that will work better for us time wise. Haven't heard a thing from Fidelity.
but did you put an offer on a contract through Fidelity too? that's where I'm lost!

I think she did from reading her other threads. I don't think it is good taste to put in multiple offers at once and knowing you'll only pick one though. Not being done in good faith IMO.

I dunno, in my opinion an offer is just an offer. It's to say I'm interested, but I need more information. If the agent follows up later and she's no longer interested, then they can contact the next person on the list. I'm sure quite a few people get a little impulsive, put in an offer, and then after thinking about it decide against it once it becomes a little more real, or upon hearing the full cost.

I don't see it any differently than looking at various apartment buildings or homes then later deciding. In fact, that often is more time consuming for the agent to show you multiple units and floorplans in person and explain the community features and rules than it would be for a DVC resale agent who is simply reading the email and corresponding with the seller.

For a 40 point contract the price seems ok. I wouldn't worry about the fidelity pricing they seem to be well below normal pricing. There has been speculation their properties are generally distressed owners looking to bail out quickly. The fact that that 100 point at $65 passed ROFR still amazes me given recent pricing and ROFRs that were taken.

Based off recent listings on small contracts that price seems in the range. We paid $100 for 50 with a 2057 expiration. At the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all that matters.

I dunno, in my opinion an offer is just an offer. It's to say I'm interested, but I need more information. If the agent follows up later and she's no longer interested, then they can contact the next person on the list. I'm sure quite a few people get a little impulsive, put in an offer, and then after thinking about it decide against it once it becomes a little more real, or upon hearing the full cost.

I don't see it any differently than looking at various apartment buildings or homes then later deciding. In fact, that often is more time consuming for the agent to show you multiple units and floorplans in person and explain the community features and rules than it would be for a DVC resale agent who is simply reading the email and corresponding with the seller.
Right and I know they will have no trouble selling it. For good measure I went ahead and sent them an email in regards to removing from their list.

For a 40 point contract the price seems ok. I wouldn't worry about the fidelity pricing they seem to be well below normal pricing. There has been speculation their properties are generally distressed owners looking to bail out quickly. The fact that that 100 point at $65 passed ROFR still amazes me given recent pricing and ROFRs that were taken.

Based off recent listings on small contracts that price seems in the range. We paid $100 for 50 with a 2057 expiration. At the end of the day if you're happy with it thats all that matters.
Ya, I kept in mind that smaller contracts can go higher in cost per point. And the broker reiterated that as well.

If you were wanting to know if you overpaid or not, you didn’t include point situation which effects your actual price. And if you bought from someone besides Fidelity w/o negotiation than probably.

If you were wanting to know if you overpaid or not, you didn’t include point situation which effects your actual price. And if you bought from someone besides Fidelity w/o negotiation than probably.
I might have. But this is just to get our feet wet with this small of a contract. To see how we like to use DVC rooms and guidelines. If we were to add on more in the future I would probably go with Fidelity.

I might have. But this is just to get our feet wet with this small of a contract. To see how we like to use DVC rooms and guidelines. If we were to add on more in the future I would probably go with Fidelity.

Sure, you might have overpaid or maybe not. I bought a BLT contract in February for what might be a bit too much, but it was loaded and I wanted to make sure to get through ROFR (I did). I immediately rented the banked 2016 points, which reduced my cost to a great price.

Right about now, that's looking like my best single investment of 2017.

I'm busy planning a nine-day family vacation for Dec 18-Jan 19. DS, DIL, and the two grandsons have never been to WDW (although many times to DL). This trip will be the real payoff for my investment.

Rest easy and make lots of great memories!

I think she did from reading her other threads. I don't think it is good taste to put in multiple offers at once and knowing you'll only pick one though. Not being done in good faith IMO.

I've been combing the resale sites and tried to jump on a very good deal on OKW, 2 weeks later the agent still can't verify some questions I have, another company must have taken all of thanksgiving off, even though I used their make an offer option and was hoping for at least some kind of personal communication, and the last one took a conversation we had and talked to the owner and said they would accept the offer I was thinking about. This industry seems very different than the home buying world of submitting a contract with an offer, but if brokers can't lock down deals between buyers and sellers better than I've seen so far, I wouldn't have any issues with making multiple offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter