Well I got a blue membership card?

I would expect it to work for discounts and Epcot, but not for registering for events because that goes into the system.

Lucky you- I got one also. Just a mistake on their end. I've used it no problem for merchandise, dining, and recreation discounts. People (including me) have had success using it at the Epcot DVC lounge as well but YMMV. They do look you up on the computer... I assume they just don't want to confront you about the discrepancy and let you up anyway. I'm not sure whether it would work for trying to buy an AP or not. Haven't tried it (don't need one).

As a resale buyer they won't send you a physical card. You can pull up a digital version on the website which will be white; 'real' members show up blue.
I think I did request a card about a month or so ago when I was on the phone with them when changing up my resorts, but I had actually forgot about that and really wasn't even excepting a card.

Is there anyone out there that has actually gotten a white physical card?

we bought resale recently and it shows white from what it appears on the website, white background blue lettering. We used the screenshot on our 8 day trip in April just recently and were given the discounts for merch and dining.

we bought resale recently and it shows white from what it appears on the website, white background blue lettering. We used the screenshot on our 8 day trip in April just recently and were given the discounts for merch and dining.
Wow, wouldn't have expected that. I am beginning to believe that there are no physical white cards.

Wow, wouldn't have expected that. I am beginning to believe that there are no physical white cards.
right they don't send the white cards, they tell you to take a screen shot of the membership card to show when needed.

There's been an on/off glitch in the system where resale owners can temporarily request a blue card (there's no physical white card). Before I bought my direct add-on, I was able to request a blue card for about a day or so... and used it for a discount for the spa at VGC :-)

There's been an on/off glitch in the system where resale owners can temporarily request a blue card (there's no physical white card). Before I bought my direct add-on, I was able to request a blue card for about a day or so... and used it for a discount for the spa at VGC :-)
Well, I sure will be trying to use it for dining and merchandise discounts at participating locations. And maybe during a possible trip next year too. I won't be trying to buy an AP with it, for one, I don't buy APs and I really don't see me attempting the member lounge with it the next time I am in Epcot. But I do like the high possibility that I am going to get some other discounts for the next three years. Heck, I already got the discounts this year at Hilton Head without even having to show a card.

Well, I sure will be trying to use it for dining and merchandise discounts at participating locations. And maybe during a possible trip next year too. I won't be trying to buy an AP with it, for one, I don't buy APs and I really don't see me attempting the member lounge with it the next time I am in Epcot. But I do like the high possibility that I am going to get some other discounts for the next three years. Heck, I already got the discounts this year at Hilton Head without even having to show a card.

I don't think merch and dining will be a problem by just showing the blue card, since a regular CM wouldn't be able to look up your DVC status.

I don't think merch and dining will be a problem by just showing the blue card, since a regular CM wouldn't be able to look up your DVC status.
Right, I don't really thinks that is a big deal to them and I would think that they wouldn't want to waste time with every DVC member that came through. But If I tried to go to the Member lounge in Epcot and got caught, I would be so embarrassed. :rolleyes:

Hilton Head CMs are really the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter