We're Back

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Well after a few years of not having a camper, we're back! We just bought a new Heartland Mallard M28 (31') with slides on both sides. We literally just bought it last week so of course I had to schedule a trip to the Fort! We'll be there the week of July 23 (I normally refuse to visit Disney during the summer but "The Fort"!)

Looking forward to being back in the community and hanging our Musket Mickey sign with pride!

Arc
Pensacola, FL

34047299_10216851806514281_3214606012568829952_n.jpg 34049769_10216851807474305_2046901234824118272_o.jpg 34177435_10216851807274300_578426679093886976_o.jpg 34075966_10216851810354377_3666320384652738560_o.jpg

Glad to have you back Bishop. Good looking rig.

Since you're in Pensacola you'll need to try and line up a Gulf State Park meet with us as well. I believe you had tried before a few years back.

Be sure to post some pics when you're at the Fort.

Good to hear from you Bishoparc. Good luck with your summer visit to the Fort.

Bama Ed

Glad to have you back Bishop. Good looking rig.

Since you're in Pensacola you'll need to try and line up a Gulf State Park meet with us as well. I believe you had tried before a few years back.

Be sure to post some pics when you're at the Fort.

Yessir, we ended up having family come in that year and I ended up selling the motor home. We had bought it as a project but it was just too old with too many issues. Looking very much forward to doing a Gulf State meetup!

And of course, pics to follow!

Very nice, looks a lot like my Puma (but we have metal outside). I love the sink island. I can be part of the conversation while I'm getting breakfast ready

Yes, I love the island too. Even though we don't have kids, my wife tried to talk me into the bunk house version in case we had guests but this guy had slides on both sides and just felt so much more spacious. It was on sale for the model year end clearance so I fell like we got a good deal. Taking it out on the maiden voyage this weekend to Twin Lakes Camping Resort in Defuniak Springs, FL.

Thought y’all might enjoy some pics from our maiden voyage this weekend. We’re staying at Twin Lakes Camping Resort in DeFuniak Springs, FL.

Sitting outside right now listening to our music from the Fort playlist.

2A21C0D8-D5EF-4059-8471-237C10FA36D7.jpeg 6EA7AFF6-335C-4759-BA33-D6B81F60AF15.jpeg 6DB0EEE6-C904-46C9-A8B3-D6FCC96F3333.jpeg 417A2C77-1AC9-48EC-AD3C-759C7A6FF440.jpeg EE133011-3C3E-4E6A-9666-A3DB12836574.jpeg 3B28FCE5-E72D-404D-8F39-0C56EA1ACBAA.jpeg

Beautiful campground - nice pics! Know y'all will enjoy your camper. It's always been the only way to go for us - love our own space - never any regrets! Have a relaxing time.

Nice campground. I'm looking for someplace to stay overnight when we come down in September. DW will be flying down later in the week, so it will just be DS and me. Not sure when we will leave, so not sure how far we will get. That makes planning a little harder.

j

Question for the group, anyone buy/use a cover for their RV? If so, how difficult do you find it to put on?

Question for the group, anyone buy/use a cover for their RV? If so, how difficult do you find it to put on?
Bishoparc,

I've had one for the new 5er since we bought it 2 1/2 years ago. My old 5er was 13 years old. It sat outside all the time, never covered, and it really showed. A friend had a 16 year old MH that he kept covered and it looked almost new.

They do take some practice putting on and off. Especially when you have 42 ft of trailer to cover. I've found folding both sides in on itself and then rolling from the front to back make it easiest. Practice on the ground before putting it on the trailer. My first try, it was on the trailer perfect... and then I noticed it was inside out.

I can put mine on and off by myself now, but it goes a lot easier with 2 people.

20161210_153247-1328x747.jpg

j

I've been told the wind can tend to make the corners rub your TT. I hear pool noodles between the cover and TT take care of this.

There was another July TR thread from March, so I merged the 2 together. Enjoy your trip.

There was another July TR thread from March, so I merged the 2 together. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks, is there anyway to move the first post I had in the July TR closer to the top since it has the list of when everyone is going? (If not, its ok. Just thought I'd ask :worship:)

I can put mine on and off by myself now, but it goes a lot easier with 2 people.

Yeah, I'm thinking as much as we pay for it I oughta get a cover. Would love to get one of those metal car ports but they're just way too expensive.

Thanks, is there anyway to move the first post I had in the July TR closer to the top since it has the list of when everyone is going? (If not, its ok. Just thought I'd ask :worship:)
It's all done by time and date. Sorry. You could make a master list.

I've been told the wind can tend to make the corners rub your TT. I hear pool noodles between the cover and TT take care of this.
ANYTHING with a sharp edge will shred them. They are very fragile and tear easily. Think really thick paper towels. I have tennis balls on the rain gutters at the corners and pool noodles covering everything else. Stairs, bottom of slide corners, bumper. Mine is on it's 2nd season and there are several splits/slits/tears on it. I think the average life is 3 years. 4 years is a bonus.

j

ANYTHING with a sharp edge will shred them. They are very fragile and tear easily. Think really thick paper towels. I have tennis balls on the rain gutters at the corners and pool noodles covering everything else. Stairs, bottom of slide corners, bumper. Mine is on it's 2nd season and there are several splits/slits/tears on it. I think the average life is 3 years. 4 years is a bonus.

j
Not very long. I was told the rubbing might hurt the TT/5er. Any experience with that happening?

Not very long. I was told the rubbing might hurt the TT/5er. Any experience with that happening?
I haven't noticed any rubbing damage. I think the key is to get them on tight so the wind doesn't whip them around. That helps with them not getting caught on anything and ripping too. My friends MH looked amazing after 15 years. No sun faded graphics. No oxidized paint. No rubbed or scuffed spots. He just sold it last year and bought a 5er. He bought a seasonal spot and decided he didn't need the engine/drive train maintenance anymore. He keeps the new trailer parked there now. Doesn't even own a truck to tow it with.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!