"We're Going to Disney World" Suprise Box

TOP WDW FAN

Earning My Ears
I am planning our Family Vacation. I went this past spring for the first time and now planning a Family Vacation(with the help of Tracey at Dreams Unlimed Travel) for myself, my partner, mother and two younger children who would never get to go otherwise (will be 11 and 12). One has FAS and one has very slight Autism so there more along the lines of 6 and 7

When its officially booked I want to do a box for them to open that screams "were doing to Disney world".
I want to fill it to the brim with things they can read, watch and do to get them excited and learn about where we are going

In it I plan on tracking down a planning dvd( i know they don't make dvds anymore)
Im going to make some custom "family vacation" shirts
Also, I will try to find a nice large photo book and other materials.

What would you put in this box... give me all your suggestions :)

Maybe "fake" plane or park tickets inside the box. WDW gift cards. Pins (check ebay for inexpensive Disney pins) so they will be all set for pin trading. A laynard for the pins.

OH! Fake plane tickets and WDW tickets are a great idea! So are Gift cards. Can the gift cards be bought online? I dont think anywhere in Canada sells them.
Have to avoid the pin trading thing so far as with the autism the idea of trading is not understood, its more of "collect" every last one only and then meltdown if he has to give one away.
The mouse ears are another great idea! Thank you Barbydoll and Madmother.

Any other ideas floating around out there?

Anyone one have a WDW planning dvd they don't need any longer?

Lots of great ideas already said:
  • Lanyard
  • Pretend tickets
  • Autograph book
  • Mickey ears
  • Planning dvd
  • Disney shirts
  • Gift cards
  • Pins (they don’t have to trade, they can just collect, that’s what we do)

A few other ideas:
  • Disney movies that go with rides
  • Sing-a-long videos or cds with Disney songs
  • Disney cups or water bottles
  • A Disney stuffed animal or pillow pal
  • A Disney blanket
  • Coloring or Activity Book
  • Disney storybook (bonus points if you can find one that takes place at WDW)
  • Park Maps
  • Disney Brochures
  • Hidden Mickey book
  • Guide for kids to WDW or a Picture Guide to WDW
  • A passport book for WS in Epcot
  • A starter kit for Sorcerers of the MK if you are interested in playing that, the one available online can be played as a board game outside the park
  • A Disney Travel Journal (I’ve seen some really cute ones of these for sale over the years for the kids to fill out on the trip)
  • Disney pressed penny book if they would like to collect those
  • Star Wars stuff if they are fans and you plan to go to HS
  • Some type of Disney Countdown
  • Disney bags / back packs / purses
  • Printable coupons for souvenirs later on (Mickey ice cream, shirt, toy, snack, etc)
Also, if you can’t find any official packets with the info you want, maybe you can put together your own pretrip scrapbook for them. You could print off pictures of the resort you plan to stay at and any rides or meals you plan to do.

Not sure if there are any Disney stores near you in SK but the Canadian Disney retail stores sell gift cards. When you check the balance online you can see both Canadian and u.s. conversion of the amount. If you're staying on resort there are lots of websites that sell skins for the magic bands to customize them a little more than colour. If you have a Disney store near you see if they have any Disney specific candy. Maybe some Disney specific colouring books, would be a great way to kill time on the flight, I know chapters has some for sure.

OH! Fake plane tickets and WDW tickets are a great idea! So are Gift cards. Can the gift cards be bought online? I dont think anywhere in Canada sells them.

I think the gift cards are available in some stores in Canada now. There is a thread (or two) about it in the Canadian Forum in here but it seems to people were having good luck finding them at Sobeys.

I may have a DVD around still - unlikely but possible - I’ll take a look and if I do I’d be happy to send it to you.

Great ideas
What about Disney 4 parks CD ?
  • Disney: The Music Behind the Magic / Various
  • (Digipack Packaging, 2PC)

The Kingdom Keeper books by Ridley Pearson are fun.
Maybe get a Character encyclopedia with a note about getting signatures from the characters.
I have found that kids do well with a Passporter's guide to disney. They can write in it and it has good ratings of the rides and everything that they will see/do at disney.

Autograph books
Pennies and quarters in mini m&m containers for pressed pennies
Fun Travel bag to hold all their travel stuff
Snacks for the trip
New pajamas

One time, for easter, i got one of those blank small puzzles at the craft store. I wrote "We are going to DisneyWorld" on it. I put the pieces in easter eggs that they had to find and then they put it together to discover where they were going on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!