"We're Going to Disney World" Suprise Box

I surprised my 20 YO DD and 16 YO DS with a X-Mas Trip this past December. I made a photo book (did it at Walgreeens) with photos from all of our last trips and then taped a custom greeting card to the back cover. The card said, "Guess What" (on the cover) and then, inside, "You are going to Disney World, tomorrow!" "Merry Christmas!!"It was epic! They opened the gift together and loved the book itself. However, when they read the card, they went crazy! It was awesome!

Sing-along-songs Disneyland Fun DVD

I watched that with my girls to get them ready for a trip to WDW. I know it says Disneyland but they don’t show anything that makes it look different than the MK in WDW. It was made in the 90’s and you can tell but the songs are catchy and it shows some of the rides and characters. Then when we got there they were so excited to see things they already saw on their movie.

I am planning our Family Vacation. I went this past spring for the first time and now planning a Family Vacation(with the help of Tracey at Dreams Unlimed Travel) for myself, my partner, mother and two younger children who would never get to go otherwise (will be 11 and 12). One has FAS and one has very slight Autism so there more along the lines of 6 and 7

When its officially booked I want to do a box for them to open that screams "were doing to Disney world".
I want to fill it to the brim with things they can read, watch and do to get them excited and learn about where we are going

In it I plan on tracking down a planning dvd( i know they don't make dvds anymore)
Im going to make some custom "family vacation" shirts
Also, I will try to find a nice large photo book and other materials.

What would you put in this box... give me all your suggestions :)

I think the ideas you've been given so far are fantastic. Definitely add the first visit as a celebration so the kids get their "First Visit" buttons when you check in. My son also has higher-functioning autism, and he was 12 before I was able to bring him for the first time. It was so magical for him that I've done everything I could to bring him back as many times as possible for the past 10 years. Don't underestimate the magic!

We surprised our great niece and nephew with care packages from Mickey and friends. It was just like a UPS shipped box with their names on the front and a return address of WDW. We included park maps, lanyards, stuffed Disney characters, water bottles, snacks. luggage tags and a new Mickey Mouse draw string bag to hold autograph books and pens and an entire itinerary of the trip with resort map of Pop, dinning locations and driving directions to WDW. When they opened the boxes there was a chalk board that said we are going to Disney World on it in ??? days. The 11 year old just kept reading the board in disbelief while the 5 year old just wanted the snacks. Definitely made for a Magical moment for all the adults and the kids.

Maybe "fake" plane or park tickets inside the box. WDW gift cards. Pins (check ebay for inexpensive Disney pins) so they will be all set for pin trading. A laynard for the pins.
Unless they are around 3$ a pin they are fakes. Either printed wrong and scrapped or just cheap fakers. Buying these in bulk and trading them is horrible for people who trade real pins.. so please don't.

One thought would be to have the things in the box wrapped - in Disney paper, of course - with the dates they can open them. That way, they have a progression of exciting things as they wait for the trip.

We are going with our grandchildren ages 8 & 2. I am bringing different Disney related gifts like stuffed Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen car, Pajamas. I will leave a surprise out from Mickey each night for them to wake up to.

You could get a large box and fill it with helium balloons, so when they open it they go flying up! You can get Mickey ones, or go to the dollar store for plain color ones that you can put Disney stickers on. You can even put words on them and have them solve the puzzle. Nothing to elaborate, just "We're Going To Disney World!" Have them weighted down with Disney character beanies or t-shirts, so they don't float away.
party:

OH! Fake plane tickets and WDW tickets are a great idea! So are Gift cards. Can the gift cards be bought online? I dont think anywhere in Canada sells them.
Have to avoid the pin trading thing so far as with the autism the idea of trading is not understood, its more of "collect" every last one only and then meltdown if he has to give one away.
The mouse ears are another great idea! Thank you Barbydoll and Madmother.

Any other ideas floating around out there?

Anyone one have a WDW planning dvd they don't need any longer?

A plastic toy plane

Sing-along-songs Disneyland Fun DVD

I watched that with my girls to get them ready for a trip to WDW. I know it says Disneyland but they don’t show anything that makes it look different than the MK in WDW. It was made in the 90’s and you can tell but the songs are catchy and it shows some of the rides and characters. Then when we got there they were so excited to see things they already saw on their movie.

Classic! My children loved this in the 90s!
And it is available on YouTube for free:

My kids are younger but I think there are great ideas from everyone here! Only thing I would add is that I got a bunch of coloring and sticker books for the airplane and smaller ones for whenever we go out to eat. Imagine inks are great for restaurants and they have plenty of Disney character ones

im not sure if you have these in Canada, but Dollar Tree has sooooooo much Disney stuff its unbelievable. Sitckers and coloring books and figurines on the plane, disney qtips and shampoo and toothpaste, Disney hand sanitizing wipes and water bottles. I like the idea of stuff they can use before they leave but i tend to get stuff that they can take with us. Then, we go through the box occasionally as we plan and get excited again every time. Maybe check around you and see if there are dollar type stores that carry that stuff. Sunscreen and nightlights and even plastic baggies with characters on them, its so much fun and practical too!

I also made coupons for a meal at the castle of your choice - she gets to pick between Cinderella's Castle and Be Our Guest. We are going in November. The kids think we are skipping a vacation this year, but we just can't wait. We are doing a scavenger hunt for Easter with small clues. Final reveal is the date we are going. We are giving them each a gift card, restaurant coupons, 2018 travel guides for kids and Disney games to play. I can't wait.

You could get a large box and fill it with helium balloons, so when they open it they go flying up! You can get Mickey ones, or go to the dollar store for plain color ones that you can put Disney stickers on. You can even put words on them and have them solve the puzzle. Nothing to elaborate, just "We're Going To Disney World!" Have them weighted down with Disney character beanies or t-shirts, so they don't float away.
party:
Totally! I love the ballo
on thing!

Love these ideas! Next May will be our first Disney vacation and that's our girls' birthday gifts so I could totally do some of these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter