• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were you on the SMOKING BUS to MK 12/16???

dandave

The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming ho
We caught the bus from the Boardwalk to MK at around 8:15-8:20 Sunday morning 12/16. My DH and kids sat mid-bus and I sat near the back. I noticed a very strong odor similar to hot tar... Well, just a couple of minutes prior to the MK the bus driver stopped right in the middle of the road. (Apparently another bus driver behind us let our driver know that we were smoking to high heaven!) When we stopped, thick, black smoke curled around the back of the bus. Everyone jumped up. The driver hadn't opened the doors, though.
One lady in the back with me started yelling for him to open the door. She almost knocked me over. She just kept pushing. I was calm, but glad to see DH and the kids off the bus. Then... the door closed again when I was about 10 feet from it. The woman started freaking again and pushing. Staring at that closed door gave me such a sick feeling. I swear I thought the bus was going to explode. I got the wierdest, most peaceful feeling suddenly, though, knowing that DH and the kids were off. The door did open, and we were all scooped up quickly by the other bus driver. My knees were still jelly when we got to the MK.
Anybody here on that bus?

Wasn't on the bus !
But after being around buses most of my life thanks to my dad passion of buses! It sounds as it was a "Hot engine" with a possible oil leak which could hit the engine! Causing it to creating the black smoke. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter