West Jet terminal to DME at MCO

CaperRD

Earning My Ears
Hi!
Can someone who has done this please explain exactly how to get from the West Jet arrival terminal at MCO to Disney’s magical express? Actually both options of 1) having Disney up the luggage & 2) picking up any checked luggage ourselves.
I’m the type who likes to know exactly where to go when I get somewhere. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU!

Its really easy to get around at Orlando airport. I would suggest you study the map below that way you can visualize where to go. If you let Disney pick up the luggage you simply go down to 1st level and walk for what seems like forever to get to DME. Signs are everywhere its so well marked I can't tell you from memory exactly where to go because I just look for the signs.

https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/

If you have ever rented a car at MCO, it's on the same level. Level 2 is baggage claim. Go down one more level to car rentals. Make sure you ate your Wheaties that day. You walk past all the car rental companies, then keep walking, then keep walking, then walk some more. When you're about to collapse, you have arrived at the MDE.

Westjet now operates out of Terminal B. ME is located on the lowest floor of the same terminal. If you choose to pickup your luggage yourself, go one floor down after getting it from the baggage claim and walk to the end, pass the Disney cruise busses. You can’t miss it.

Its really easy to get around at Orlando airport. I would suggest you study the map below that way you can visualize where to go. If you let Disney pick up the luggage you simply go down to 1st level and walk for what seems like forever to get to DME. Signs are everywhere its so well marked I can't tell you from memory exactly where to go because I just look for the signs.

Thx! I forgot to mention in my OP that I’ve heard there is a tram/shuttle you need to take inside the airport? To get to the main area? Is that true?

Westjet now operates out of Terminal B. ME is located on the lowest floor of the same terminal. If you choose to pickup your luggage yourself, go one floor down after getting it from the baggage claim and walk to the end, pass the Disney cruise busses. You can’t miss it.
Thx! I forgot to mention in my OP that I’ve heard there is a tram/shuttle you need to take inside the airport? To get to the main area? Is that true?

Yes, there is a light rail system. You can’t miss it. It takes about a minute and you end up in the main hub. Since there is no driver, you can sit in the front. We've flown so often into MCO that one of the little things we look forward to as a sign we are truly on vacation is the taped message from the mayor of Orlando they play during the ride.

I understand completely! I too am someone who likes to plan everything out ahead of time and to know exactly where to go!

I am going to assume that you are flying into MCO from Toronto.

Westjet lands at the airside 4 terminal on the B side of the airport.

The "Airside" terminals are detached from the main terminal and you get to ride a fun little "monorail" to the main terminal.

Orlando Airport has a wonderful website with an excellent set of way finding maps that I highly recommend.

If you know the gate that your plane will land at (Westjet and AC typically use the same area @ MCO) you can find it on the map and figure out exactly where you need to go to get to DME.

When you arrive in the main terminal you will be on level 3. If you want to pick up your bags you will need to go down to level 2 to get to baggage claim. You can then go ahead and go down to level 1.

If you are travelling light and have only carry on or choose to let Disney handle your bags for you, you can take the closest elevator from level 3 right down to level 1.

Either way, once you get down to level 1, DME will be on the far end of the terminal from where you landed.

You can't miss it! There are lots of signs and there will be brightly dressed cast members standing close by the check in desk and often times (not always tho!) one of them will be wearing (and waving!) a giant white Mickey hand!

There are both escalators and elevators that you will get you where you need to go.

Its actually quite difficult to get lost as there is excellent signage everywhere.

The other thing I have done is to search on youtube for videos on how to get to DME.

MrDizneyKing did a really good one a few years ago.

Good luck and enjoy every minute!

I understand completely! I too am someone who likes to plan everything out ahead of time and to know exactly where to go!

I am going to assume that you are flying into MCO from Toronto.

Westjet lands at the airside 4 terminal on the B side of the airport.

The "Airside" terminals are detached from the main terminal and you get to ride a fun little "monorail" to the main terminal.

Orlando Airport has a wonderful website with an excellent set of way finding maps that I highly recommend.

If you know the gate that your plane will land at (Westjet and AC typically use the same area @ MCO) you can find it on the map and figure out exactly where you need to go to get to DME.

When you arrive in the main terminal you will be on level 3. If you want to pick up your bags you will need to go down to level 2 to get to baggage claim. You can then go ahead and go down to level 1.

If you are travelling light and have only carry on or choose to let Disney handle your bags for you, you can take the closest elevator from level 3 right down to level 1.

Either way, once you get down to level 1, DME will be on the far end of the terminal from where you landed.

You can't miss it! There are lots of signs and there will be brightly dressed cast members standing close by the check in desk and often times (not always tho!) one of them will be wearing (and waving!) a giant white Mickey hand!

There are both escalators and elevators that you will get you where you need to go.

Its actually quite difficult to get lost as there is excellent signage everywhere.

The other thing I have done is to search on youtube for videos on how to get to DME.

MrDizneyKing did a really good one a few years ago.

Good luck and enjoy every minute!
This is fantastic!! THANK YOU!!

The Orlando airport is fairly run down. It looks like an airport from small Canadian town built 50 years ago. It’s dark even worse than terminal 3 in Pearson. The food service is subpar with their messy food court. Last time I was there, the entire food court was closed and the only place with food was a hot dog restaurant.

The bus to Disney is good but slow. Prepare for about 3 hours from the time your plane lands to the time you get to the hotel. If you are unlucky, you me bus gets to visit 3 more extra resorts with 10 minutes per stop... so that is why. So keep that in mind when you book your meal reservation the first day.

The bus to Disney is good but slow. Prepare for about 3 hours from the time your plane lands to the time you get to the hotel. If you are unlucky, you me bus gets to visit 3 more extra resorts with 10 minutes per stop... so that is why. So keep that in mind when you book your meal reservation the first day.

I think this would be the absolute worst case scenario. You would have to wait quite a while for the bus, then be the very last stop. On our last trip, we were at the resort in under 90 mins.

And for the OP, don't worry, it's very easy to navigate MCO and you won't miss MDE. Follow the signs.

IMG_1057.jpg

The Orlando airport is fairly run down. It looks like an airport from small Canadian town built 50 years ago. It’s dark even worse than terminal 3 in Pearson. The food service is subpar with their messy food court. Last time I was there, the entire food court was closed and the only place with food was a hot dog restaurant.

In fairness, they’ve been doing a lot to Pearson terminal 3 so it looks pretty nice now. Too bad the food options (save Starbucks) cost roughly the same as a steak at Ruth’s Chris...

I went through Tampa Airport last year (for work), and parts of it may actually be worse than MCO

Once you get to the main terminal don't forget that to find DME you need to go to the "B" side of the terminal, not the "A" side. There are big letters so it's easy to find. I remember our first trip thinking that the signage was pretty poor for trying to find DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter