Westjet World Elite - How fast do you get companion voucher?

KandyM

DIS Veteran
So we are planning a trip for 7 people in mid February.
Flights are ASTROMICAL 💰.

I have a westjet card already so we will use my one voucher to help but with the costs so high we are thinking about getting a second card in my hubby's name and splitting our little group into two reservations. Does anyone know about how long until that companion voucher showed up in your account? I feel like I am running out of time honestly.

An offer is on the westjet site right now that is also throwing in $450 Westjet dollars into the deal. Again, if anyone has any insight into how soon those pop up I would love to know.

And FYI, trip is with our adult kids who are all paying us back for their flights but it's killing me spending their money on these overpriced flights.

So we are planning a trip for 7 people in mid February.
Flights are ASTROMICAL 💰.

I have a westjet card already so we will use my one voucher to help but with the costs so high we are thinking about getting a second card in my hubby's name and splitting our little group into two reservations. Does anyone know about how long until that companion voucher showed up in your account? I feel like I am running out of time honestly.

An offer is on the westjet site right now that is also throwing in $450 Westjet dollars into the deal. Again, if anyone has any insight into how soon those pop up I would love to know.

And FYI, trip is with our adult kids who are all paying us back for their flights but it's killing me spending their money on these overpriced flights.

We just signed up earlier this year as we are moving away from Air Miles and always fly Westjet anyway. I feel like once the card is approved and your Westjet account is linked, it showed pretty quickly. Just remember that your husband will need his own Westjet account. They wouldn't let us have both cards linked to my account (the one we use primarily).

Their website said 4-6 weeks after first use of the card. I guess I am just hoping to find experience out there to show that maybe sometimes it is faster.
6 weeks from now would be super close to our trip and I can't imagine waiting that long to buy.

I signed up for this card because of the special. My husband has the card as well. I had actually cancelled it in May (WJ has horrible flights from Halifax), but signed up again because it was such a good deal.

You will have to use your credit card in the first 90 days in order to get the WJ dollars. I used the card 3 weeks ago and the voucher isn’t in my account yet, nor are the WJ dollars. I’ve had the card for 4.5 weeks so far.

On a positive note, I was approved within a few hours (all done online) and had my card within a week.

our companion fare and the initial dump of WestJet dollars appeared within 24 hours of the first statement- so about a month/ 5 weeks from getting the card. Just waiting (impatiently) for black Friday/ cyber Monday sales to drop. I also heard about something called Travel Tuesday 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Bea
our companion fare and the initial dump of WestJet dollars appeared within 24 hours of the first statement- so about a month/ 5 weeks from getting the card. Just waiting (impatiently) for black Friday/ cyber Monday sales to drop. I also heard about something called Travel Tuesday 🤷‍♀️
There was an email sent out with Early Black Friday / Member deals today. Hopefully you find a good fare :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter