• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What a Racket!!

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
Since when can you not get an ISBN for Textbooks!

I am taking an Online course this semester and the book is $120 from our bookstore, so i need the ISBN to try to find it elsewhere cheaper.

This was my Response from our online bookstore:

Thank you for your email. MBS Direct Virtual Bookstore will no longer display ISBN numbers associated with booklists. Exceptions will be made for titles that are on backorder status, and the Virtual Bookstore will show ISBNs in these circumstances. This policy change is standard throughout the textbook industry, and will help insure that students have the correct course materials by ordering from MBS Direct. In addition, our contact center will no longer provide ISBN numbers over the phone.

You may wish to contact your school for this information.

Is this true that this is standard policy in the textbook industry?

I'm pretty sure that's not standard throughout the industry. It sounds to me like they're just trying their best to eliminate any sort of competition.

If I were you, I would call the coordinator of your course and see if he or she can get the ISBN for you. That's ridiculous! Either that, or make sure you know the title, author and edition, and search for it that way.

My instructor emailed me the ISBN. Im taking MicroEconomics and there are so many versions and editions of this text!

Does anyone have one? LOL!

I think I may send a reply and tell them that since this is their practice, they have completely lost my business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter