• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What an idea "The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread " but now about TS

SantiJB

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I think this is a supperb idea!!! Please, share your experiences with us but now about our TS meals.

NAME of RESTAURANT:
FOR DESSERT I HAD...
PRICE:
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD:
IS IT WORTH USING DP:
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP:

Thank you very much, your answers can help us to plan our trip

NAME of RESTAURANT: Kona Cafe
MEAL INCLUDED: Kona Chowder (so yummy) and Macadamian Mahi Mahi (good fish, tasty sauce, crispy onions - but didn't care for the mushroom risotto)
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Kiddie Kone (ice cream cone dipped in chocolate, standing on a plate with m&ms and cotton candy - ridiculously large!)
PRICE: about $42 with tax and tip (for one)
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: We were three adults and each had a full DDP meal, so we were really full afterwards, so yes, probably!
IS IT WORTH USING DP: I'd say definitely. It was one of the more expensive meals we had, and one of the best.
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP: I don't think so. The waiter was very helpful and made sure we understood all that we could order!

I would highly recommend Kona Cafe - we enjoyed a late dinner there one night - it was nice to get away from all the hoopla and have a good, quality meal.

The DDP was a good value for us. Yes, it is alot of food and yes, we indulged in desserts more than normal but ... it is a vacation and you do walk alot! I listed the three TS we enjoyed the most. We ate at KONA twice, ate outside the plan once and ate at another restaurant that we did not like too much. But I won't mention the name here because there are many discussions about this particular restaurant on other threads.

NAME of RESTAURANT: Kona
MEAL INCLUDED: DH: Kona Salad, Me: Chicken Soup (homemade)
Both: Medallions of filet (beef), Yukon Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus
FOR DESSERT I HAD... DH: Macadamia Nut Pie w/coconut ice cream.
Me: Kilaheuea Torte (Lava Cake)
PRICE: $96.00
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: (don’t know)
IS IT WORTH USING DP: Yes
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP: None that I knew of
We loved Kona so much, we ate there twice!!! Had practically the same meal again except did try another of their signature desserts - Apple Brown Betty which was yum & comforting too! Atmosphere was great, food was excellent, service was great too!

NAME of RESTAURANT: Cinderella’s Royal Table
MEAL INCLUDED: DH & Me: BLT Salad (DELISH!), Pretzel bread w/honey mustard butter. DH: Pork Tenderloin w/cheesy orzo, Me: Chicken w/polenta
FOR DESSERT I HAD... DH: Chocolate Mousse Cake, Me: Blueberry Buckle with Lemon ice cream
PRICE: $97.00
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: NO
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP: None that I knew of
2 TS, but fun place to eat!!! Food and service was excellent!

NAME of RESTAURANT: Mama Melroses
MEAL INCLUDED: DH: Tomato & Mozzarella stack salad Me: Field Greens
DH: Napoleon Eggplant (eggplant parmesan), ME: 4 Cheese Pizza
FOR DESSERT I HAD... DH: Hazelnut Cheese Cake, Me: Chocolate Gelato
PRICE: $60.00
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: (don’t know)
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP: None that I knew of.
Wonderful, friendly service. Calm, less noisy restaurant.

we are still questioning the Dining Plan vs. DDE
we will be at Disney for 10 days, and there are 4 (adult) of us.
we LOVE to eat at nice restaurants.....but can't decide which plan.

NAME of RESTAURANT: Le Cellier
MEAL INCLUDED: App: me: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup DF: Le Cellier Canadian Cheese Selection, Main course: me: 7 oz. Filet Mignon DF: 14 oz. New York Strip Steak
FOR DESSERT I HAD... me: Chocolate "Moose" DF: Happiest Celebration on Earth Chocolate Whiskey Cake
PRICE: w/o tax and tip: 83.94
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: could be
IS IT WORTH USING DP: definately
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP: not that i know of
We love Le Cellier and always have excellent service, it is a must for us every trip!

lwilliam said:
we are still questioning the Dining Plan vs. DDE
we will be at Disney for 10 days, and there are 4 (adult) of us.
we LOVE to eat at nice restaurants.....but can't decide which plan.

We have both, we use the DDE card to for discounts on the extras, such as if we want wine with our meal. They are both worth it!

NAME of RESTAURANT:Chefs de France
MEAL INCLUDED: APP: me: Soupe a l'oignon gratinee DF: Cassolette d'escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille, Main course: me: sole w/linguine DF: raw tuna
FOR DESSERT I HAD... creme brulee
PRICE:w/o tax and tip $80
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: not sure, portions big
IS IT WORTH USING DP: definately
ANY RESTRICTION USING DP:not that i know of
I am a picky eater and thought I would leave hungry, but I really enjoyed the meal

NAME OF RESTAURANT: Spoodles
LOCATION: Boardwalk (5-10 minute walk from Epcot International Gateway and Yacht and Beach Club, 15-20 minute walk probably from MGM)
MEAL INCLUDED: dh and I shared greek salad and mediterranean dips appetizer, dd10 had fruit salad app off kids' menu, ds7 had kids app salad; I had Portuguese seafood stew, dh had a veal osso bucco special, kids each had kids steak meal off kids menu
FOR DESSERT WE HAD: me creme brulee, dh dessert platter, kids ice cream sundaes off kids menu
PRICE: just over $160 including tax and tip, not including pitcher of sangria we paid for oop
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHARE FOOD: possibly, depending on appetite level and what you ordered. Med dips appetizer was huge, all four of us couldn't finish. Entree size varied.
WORTH USING DDP: DEFINITELY! DDP cost us about $125 per day, this meal was $160 even with dd10 ordering off the kids menu. Kids meal was very nice with several appetizers and "real food" entrees offered. Plus, food and service were great, we all loved this meal!
ANY RESTRICTIONS: NONE! You can order "add ons" like shrimp and scallops (we didn't have the related entrees so this wasn't an issue, but our server told us about the add ons when he reviewed the menu with us), and dh was allowed to get the dessert sampler on his own, even though I figured it would have to be both of our dessert. Spoodles was the most generous with the DDP of any restaurant we dined at.

We also had a fabulous meal at Kona, as others have already noted, which "cost" about $160 as well. dd ordered off adult menu. Kona kids menu is pretty limited but they are allowed to order app and dessert off adult menu.

We loved the dining plan and will definitely do it again in the future!

are you telling me you can use BOTH at one seating....the DDP AND the DDE (to cover alcohol, or 'sides' not covered by the DDP).....

For more detail about the food at Le Cellier, check out the dining reviews in my sig, but our bill came close to $450 at Le Cellier and the DDP for that day cost us just over $300. So we definitely got bang for our buck on that day. I think everybody came close to the per day price when we ate at buffets and easily exceeded it when we ate at sit down TS restaurants.

Le Cellier Steakhouse - Epcot 2TS
Asian Shrimp Cocktail - wasabi slaw and horseradish chili sauce $9.99
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - smoked bacon and Moosehead beer $4.99
Seared King Salmon - pan-seared over spicy Sausage Slaw with sweet Maple-Ginger Glaze $19.99
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips $27.99
Chef's Signature Dessert Plate - featuring a sampler of our best desserts, including creme brulee, Canadian Club cake and our house-made sorbet $11.99
Frozen Berry Daiquiri $3.99
Mango Smoothie with a splash of cranberry $3.99
Total With Tax & Tip $103.25

Flying Fish Café - Boardwalk 4TS
Large Pellegrino Water $6.00
Veal and Wild Mushroom Terrine, frisee and green bean salad, toasted sourndough $12.00
Gingered Butternut Squash Bisque cinnamon cream $8.00
Oak-grilled Atlantic Salmon - roasted fingerling potatoes, artichokes, cipollini onions, pancetta, roasted tomato jus $29.00
Wood-firedJumbo Sea Scallops, forrest mushroom and truffle risotto, endamame, xeres vinaigrette $35.00
Happiest Celebration on Earth Chilled Fruit Soup - fresh berries, California Riesling, orange cake, yogurt ice cream $9.00
Flying Fish Chocolate Collection - Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Strudel, warm lemongrass-chocolate tea $12.00
Lemonade $2.00
Iced Tea $2.00
2 Café Mocha $7.50
Total with Tax & Tip $152.51

Jikos - Animal Kingdom Lodge 4TS
Kenyan Coffee Barbecued Chicken Flatbread - with grilled onions, apple julienne, and four cheeses $10.00
Taste of Africa - Kalamata Olive Hummus, Malayan Spinach Lentil dip, Moroccan Chermoula, with Pappadam, whole wheat lavosh, and flaxseed Naan bread $9.00
Broiled Filet of Wild King Salmon - with roasted and curried ratatouille, edamame, black chick peas and cucumber yogurt $26.00
Wood-Grilled Filet Mignon - with macaroni and cheese and red wine sauce $34.00
Jiko Sorbet - Green apple and frozen buttermilk yogurt with spiced granny smith apple cake, kataiffi crisp and promegranate molasses $8.00
Flourless Chocolate-Mocha Cake with peanut butter ice cream and chocolate-caramel sauce $8.00
Lemonade $1.99
Iced Tea $1.99
Total with Tax & Tip $123.23

Le Cellier Steakhouse - Epcot 2TS
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob - seasoned with house chili rub, roasted tomato and navy bean relish $10.99
Vine-Ripe Tomato Stack - shiitake mushrooms, wilted spinach, balsamic reduction $7.99
7 oz. Filet Mignon - glazed with maple barbeque sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes $26.99
Herb Crusted Prime Rib - roasted Yukon potatoes, finished with a veal demi glace $21.99
Raspberry Sorbet $5.99
Happiest Celebration on Earth Chocolate Whiskey Cake - chocolate cake brushed with whiskey, layered with chocolate mousse, finished with orange marmalade and topped with a "Happiest Celebration" white chocolate wafer $7.99
Frozen Berryn Daquiri $3.99
Cappucino Shake $3.99
Total with Tax & Tip $111.95

As you can see, the signitures are not always the best use of credits. But if you arrive late and leave early, it can work out.
We found the DP to work itself out over time. We could have shared most TS, but instead, shared CS and each had our own TS.
No limitations were mentioned, except we had to share the Dessert Plate at Le Cellier.

lwilliam said:
are you telling me you can use BOTH at one seating....the DDP AND the DDE (to cover alcohol, or 'sides' not covered by the DDP).....

that is correct.

We have DDE and are going with the plan. I think if you are going for more than a couple of days and eating at a TS for most of them, the DDP is worth it. We have DDE and will use it for liquor and items not covered on the plan, but it is not good for CS and snacks, so overall the DDP works better for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter