What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for:
  • my wife and best friend,
  • that I'm retired and don't have to be involved with a bunch of people at a job
  • that we are relatively healthy, especially considering our age
  • that we have traveled extensively - often with good friends from right here on the DIS - and look forward to doing more of that

I'm also grateful for My Disney Experience app. I just made my ADRs for my September WDW trip. Right now, I don't know for sure if I will be going on that trip. But I hope and believe I will. My Disney Experience is many things. A mess. A headache. A pain in the backside. But this week it is hope for many guests and many travel agents. Hope for trips and good memories to come. All fingers and toes crossed for many future vacations to come. Pixie dust and prayers needed for all WDW, Disney Land and all Disney Parks world wide :wizard:

I am grateful for the hardworking teams at the Disboards, Disunplugged, and Dreams Unlimited Travel for providing a great community and entertaining, informative content for those times that require a happy distraction.

I am grateful to have travelled enough to know what I am missing when there is a (hopefully) brief stand down.

I am grateful that two cats were lucky enough to find a family to name them Ricky and Lucy.

Family, friends, health, job, being published, film, HBO, West Wing, Seinfeld, hiphop, classic rock, good food... I could literally go on for days and days. I love my life and all the stupid little things about it.

Oh, and this little place in Central Florida that's kinda cool. And you awesome people to talk to about it!

To the older folks and those with health issues - stay safe and stay home! To the young and healthy - wash your hands and be smart!

Last edited:

I am grateful for my husband for loving me through thick and thin.
My son, who has a sharp mind and big heart.
My job, which gives me great purpose and supports a comfortable lifestyle.
An abundance of safe food and clean water.
A cozy home.
A healthy body that has run hundreds of miles and earned a black belt in taekwondo and just keeps going!
Friendships with people all over the world, some of whom I have yet to meet face-to-face.
Music which is such a release and can accompany any situation or emotion.
Books!

I am grateful for my loving husband who supports me in everything I do, or think about doing.
I am grateful that we are both in relatively good health.
I am grateful for my sweet puppies who make me smile just by looking at them no matter how crappy the news is.
I am grateful for my hardworking employees and agents, most of which I consider friends. They are the best!!!
I am grateful for the ability to work from home and not have to commute or go into an office.
There's a lot more but these came to mind today.

How about you. What are grateful for?
I am grateful for our health.
I am grateful for clean drinking water in my house, and flush toilets.
I am grateful for central heat.
I am grateful to live in such blessings.

Last edited:

I am grateful for my wonderful husband of 30+ years. He’s loving, kind, a great provider and my best friend.
I’m grateful for my son, who has grown into a good man, a loving father and husband.
I’m grateful for my grandchildren, Duncan and Rian Michelle. I enjoy watching them grow up.
I’m grateful for my kittens, Daphne and Fred, who are new to our family.
I’m grateful for this thread, I needed a boost this morning.
I’m grateful for the podcast team for providing us with so much content to keep me entertained in the next little while.

I'm grateful for @KingLlama because I have a quirky sense of humour that sometimes needs to be fed. ps I earned my one and only DIS Board warning/caution/time out because 7 yrs ago I quoted one of your wonderful DIS chat sayings on the Board. I was a naive newbie. I even used 'stars' for the bad part. But it was awesome. And so worth it. :P

I love my fellow DIS'rs and appreciate all of your daily insights and funnies. You make the dark part of life a whole lot lighter. Thank you.

This might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.

I am grateful for my wonderful husband of 30+ years. He’s loving, kind, a great provider and my best friend.
I’m grateful for my son, who has grown into a good man, a loving father and husband.
I’m grateful for my grandchildren, Duncan and Rian Michelle. I enjoy watching them grow up.
I’m grateful for my kittens, Daphne and Fred, who are new to our family.
I’m grateful for this thread, I needed a boost this morning.
I’m grateful for the podcast team for providing us with so much content to keep me entertained in the next little while.
Daphne but not velma?!!!

we should watch it i guess while we are home!! didn't even remember we can have a good lucy laugh this week!!

A great idea! I have the whole series on DVD so it might be a good time to try and locate them in storage. We aren't stuck at home yet, but I expect it any day being in PA and being the county next to Montgomery Co, which has been all but shut down at this point.

Can I add two more things?

I'm grateful I got to ride Eastern Airlines If You Had Wings over and over with my dad. Best memory ever.

I'm grateful I got to experience Epcot and ride Horizons and be filled with wonder one day after it (Horizons) opened! That officially started my Disney bug. ❤

Oh and this. Again, Walnut, you have no idea how grateful I (we) are for this guy!

Resized_20200313_221136.jpeg

Last edited:
I am grateful for...
  • Family
  • Traveling extensively as part of my career
  • Having a mentor to teach me about business and as a personal confidant
  • Growing up in PA/NJ
  • Relocating to Florida over 15 years ago
  • Being completely debt free before 50 years old without needing a spouse
  • Adopting a 110 lb. abused adult female Rottweiler and being with her to the end
  • Married to my wife who then became my ex-wife and the lessons learned
  • Didn't marry the next three women I dated of which all three wanted to marry me

I am grateful for...
  • My Husband, he really is my person.
  • My son, who reminds me every day what perseverance means. The way he faces his challenges with humor and insight leaves me in awe and overwhelmed with pride.
  • My Dog. He is everything.
  • My Family, as crazy and dysfunctional as they are, we always are there for each other.
  • John and Pete. For never ending support and guidance. And like family, no matter how dysfunctional, we are always there for one another.
  • My Dream Team of fellow agents. Nothing I could say would express how much they mean to me. Unwavering support we have for each other, how we all rally together whether it is a DCL release day or our entire industry coming to a screeching halt. I think this goes back to John and Pete. The family we have here, amongst a group of individuals working on commission, is like nothing I have ever seen.
  • Last but not least, my clients. I always knew I had some great clients. But these last few days I have been overwhelmed with their patience and understanding. I have heard from so many (current and past) that just wanted to send me a virtual hug or a kind word to let me know they were thinking of me. It brings tears to my eyes. You will never know how much your kindness has helped during this very trying time.

Grateful for my family and the overall health of all of my loved ones.

Grateful for all of the hardworking travel industry workers who are my role models and absolute gems in this time of crisis. They remind me every day about why I worked so hard to finish travel school and set an example for those of us hoping to get a job in the industry right now.

Grateful for my part time job giving me support and savings while I work on getting my dream job at Dreams Unlimited Travel. With the hard times that have befallen the industry, I'm grateful for more time to save for the opportunity to work for Dreams one day.

Grateful for my country's amazing healthcare system (Canada) and all of the hard working doctors, nurses, EMT and scientific researchers.

Grateful for the sound of my little siblings laughter and delight as they watch Frozen 2 on Disney plus.

Above all I am so unbelievably thankful and grateful for my significant other. As we celebrate our fifth year together, I look towards a wonderful lifetime with my soulmate and many happy memories down the road such as marriage, children and the dream of moving to Orlando.

Lastly, grateful for all of you reading this and continually posting about the magic. Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times only when one remembers to turn on the light.

Stay safe and I love you all 🥰

I'm grateful for my amazing husband, step-children and family. Life wouldn't be the same without any of them.

( Great topic by the way! )

I am grateful for my family that loves me just the way I am. My neighbors who have come together to take care of each other. For my dog who lets me hug him extra tight. For this community that welcomes everyone only requirement is that you love Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!