What are you reading now? (Book suggestion thread)

Im working through a list called 50 books to read before you die! It starts off with the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy and I have finished book one and about to start book 2, but I have to admit Im struggling, Im not really into fantasy and make believe so its really not my cup of tea but I will stick with it:chat:

Just started reading Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) on Monday. Already half way through: can't put it down! The previous two books in the series were gripping as well. Really enjoying the third!

I just read Death Angel and Terminal City by Linda Fairstein in quick succession and have now started on Depraved Heart by Patricia Cornwell.

Corinna

I just finished reading The Girl With No Past by Kathryn Croft - a great psychological thriller and a fast read, really enjoyed it.

i have just finished Tess Gerritsen -bloodstream love her books , starting on Jo Nesbo cockroaches tonight , i will be in bed at 7 with that !

I love Maeve Binchy books and have got them all and have read some of them over and over again - although I much prefer her earlier ones (The Glass Lake is my favourite I think as it was the first one I read)

I also like Jeffrey Archer novels (but not his short stories) - he has a knack of keeping you hanging on til the very last page and theres often a twist even on that last page

Is the glass lake where they all think she has dies but is in London??

change of plan . ended up starting Toys by James Patterson its started at quite a fast pace and i am enjoying it so far. I always do paper books and rarely read current books as i pick them up at charity shops /church fayres etc. I love books will always choose books over movies , I probably go through 4 books a week.

Did anyone get any good books for Christmas? or has anyone any books they want to read in 2016?

Ive not done much reading recently but am waiting for the next Jeffrey Archer book to come out in February. I also want to read at least one Harry Potter book as Ive never actually read any.

Im just finishing off Lord of the rings part 3 and its been the hardest thing I have ever read, the trilogy is the first on my list of 50 books to read before you die and although I know people love it, its done nothing for me what so ever, embarassed to say I was bored!:crazy2:

My daughter and I are doing this together so after we read the book on the list we then have our "own choice not on the list" book to read before moving on down the list, so I have chosen to read Marco Pierre Whits's autobiography. I shall let you know how I get on.:listen:

i got James Patterson zoo after watching the tv series, read the book by boxing day and for the first time ever will say the tv adaptation was slightly better.

They both followed the same concept but the book was totally different to the tv version.

Well after struggling through the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, and I mean struggle, Im now onto my next book in the 50 books to read before you die series and its George Orwells 1984, and I must say 3 chapters in and so far so good!:-)

I've just finished The Son - Jo Nesbo, which I really enjoyed. I normally give his books a miss as they can be rather graphic, but I really like this one!

Since last posting on here I've read The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey about a couple who go to Alaska to start a new life in the 1920s - it's a nod to the Russian fairytale the Snow Maiden and I really enjoyed it, especially having been to Alaska where I know I'm not alone in feeling I left a bit of my heart behind. Also read Second Glance by Jodi Picoult about a man investigating a haunting at an ancient Indian burial place and The Lake House by Kate Morton a timeslip novel about a house in Cornwall.

Off on holiday next week so have bought House of Shadows by Pamela Hartshorne and The Girl on the Train by Paula Watkins as paperbacks but will also take my kindle which I've got lots still waiting to be read on in case I finish them both.

I've just finished reading Walt Disney an American original. It's a biography about the great man himself. I always find autobiographies tough for the first couple of chapters as its about their childhood, and this was the same. But before long I was hooked and found it really fascinating. Reading about his thinking behind Disneyland and the reasons to want to come to Florida and how he chose the land was just awesome. Almost had tears in my eyes by the end of it!

I'm currently reading 'Venetian Song' by Kay Nolte Smith, I read it as a teen and then the book went missing during a house move so I purchased one off of eBay :)

Before that I read and finished 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' by Tillie Cole. I generally enjoy her books but this one left me with a sense of of being unfulfilled. Awful ending!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!