What can I cook if I only have a stovetop?

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
We're going to Nick hotel next weekend with another family. We'll have the three bedroom suite which looks like it has a stovetop and a microwave- no oven. We were hoping to make a semi-nice dinner, but once we saw we had no oven we were stumped. So far all we can think of is pasta, but we'll have no garlic bread. :( I've never used a crock pot but I'm strating to think that if her mom has one (I don't and she is flying in and staying at her mom's house first) we could try something in there.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I'm interested too as we're going to the Netherlands in the summer and most holiday homes only have a stovetop and maybe a microwave. My kids don't like curry or stir-fry, so they're out. I'm taking a small George Foreman grill (my sister's tip) but won't have troom for the crokpot. So pasta, pasta and pasta for 2 weeks:rolleyes1

Hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos,sloppy joes, pork chops, steaks chicken parm sandwiches, grilled cheese, chili, soup, sausage and peppers, meatballs

I lived without a stove for a couple of months so I did it.

I'm interested too as we're going to the Netherlands in the summer and most holiday homes only have a stovetop and maybe a microwave. My kids don't like curry or stir-fry, so they're out. I'm taking a small George Foreman grill (my sister's tip) but won't have troom for the crokpot. So pasta, pasta and pasta for 2 weeks:rolleyes1

We went to Holland last year and had the same problem. We found cook-in sauces a godsend as I didn't want to spend a lot of time preparing food on holiday. There is a good variety to be had, we were able to have stir fry with noodles, different types of casseroles with rice and tomato based sauces with pasta.

I'm taking some sachets of Colemans mixes :thumbsup2 and I might get some of those long-life potato dishes as well - rosti and suchlike - for a change.

Thank you! After I posted this I realized most of what I cook besides things lilke roast chicken are on the stovetop anyway! I think I was having a hard time thinking of things because we're also trying to please 4 adults and 6 children and we are lugging our stuff in a three hour car ride then it is goign to sit in a cooler while we are at the MK for the day!

We're going to do pasta - a plain with butter and cheese for the picky kids and a fancier with olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, crushed red pepper and maybe asparagus or shrimp. We'll do the garlic bread ina skillet - I never realized tou could do that but a few people told me it was good. :)

The other ideas were stir fries, chili, soup, roast a chicken in a dutch oven...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter