What can I do with with 1 point that I can't use?

Timeflys4us

Earning My Ears
I probably am posting this question in the wrong place, but I am certain someone will correct me.

I have one (1) banked point left in my DVC account at Beach Club which I can not use.

I cannot use it as it expires in September of 2019 and I already have a reservation for October of 2019. I am told that it can't be rented because most rentals have a much higher minimum number of points and because if someone has already booked a reservation, adding this one point would result in a "split reservation" for one day which no one will probably want to do.

My questions is Can it be transferred, or otherwise be used if someone else can use it? I hate to see the mouse eat it up.

Given a membership is allowed only one transfer (in or out) per use year, it’s unlikely someone would want to do a transfer for just one point.

Unless they would need only one point... and used up all 24 of their OTU points. Then you’d be meeting a very specific need. At which point, the advice would be to ask for $100/point. If they accuse you of price gouging, tell them, “Good luck finding someone who wants to transfer just one point! HA! You won’t. Because it’s just you and me. That’s it.” Then you ask for $110. Rinse and repeat.

I probably am posting this question in the wrong place, but I am certain someone will correct me.

I have one (1) banked point left in my DVC account at Beach Club which I can not use.

I cannot use it as it expires in September of 2019 and I already have a reservation for October of 2019. I am told that it can't be rented because most rentals have a much higher minimum number of points and because if someone has already booked a reservation, adding this one point would result in a "split reservation" for one day which no one will probably want to do.

My questions is Can it be transferred, or otherwise be used if someone else can use it? I hate to see the mouse eat it up.

Can't transfer it is banked points. You could possibly borrow points to rent someone a reservation

If you can (and are willing to) borrow points from another UY, you could combine it with other points to rent a reservation to someone. But it sounds like that might not be an option.

Deb & Bill: Your suggestion actually makes sense; however, since I would be flying down from the Northeast, a one day reservation wouldn't work for me. I can hear the Mouse chewing now!

You should be able to swap the lonely banked point into your October 2019 reservation for a non-banked point which you can then bank. Call MS.

The remaining one (1) point has already been banked and is good through September 30, 2019 - I don't think it can be banked again. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Thank you.

The remaining one (1) point has already been banked and is good through September 30, 2019 - I don't think it can be banked again. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Thank you.
Sorry. I missed that. Do you have another reservation between now and then?

My next reservation is October 16, 2018 through October 31, 2018.

OK. So this banked point is in the October 2018 use year (UY), from the October 2017 UY and is now good from October 1, 2018 through September 30th 2019, right? Swap it out for one of the points in your October 2018 reservation that is in the October 2018 UY. Then, bank it forward into 2019.

In your original post you said your next reservation was October of 2019 and your point expires Sept 2019?

But if the reservation is actually for this October and the point expires as you said, in Sept 2019, then you could have MS reallocate it towards the reservation this October - assuming you have used some current points for that reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter