What can we do in Malibu?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi ~ We will be driving to Malibu from DL for one day. Can you recommend any family things to do...restaurants...beach stuff? Thanks! Sandra

I would like to know too!

We are on a road trip Feb. 29 - March 16 and part of the trip is driving from Anaheim to San Francisco (no children this time)!

I don't know about Malibu but you will pass Santa Monica and it has an amusement park and pier with shopping, etc. I think it's like Coney Island in New York but I could defintely be wrong! It is going to be one of my stops on this trip.

I hope some locals can fill us in!

Enjoy your trip!

For Malibu, while it is kind of touristy - we like to go to Gladstones at the beach. There is also a beach just south of Malibu Colony that we used to like to go to when we lived there.

The Getty Villa is right off Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. They have wonderful Greek and Roman exhibits.

Besides the obvious beaches ( Topanga, Zuma, Malibu Creek) there is a little town center in the midle of Malibu across from Pepperdine University which is great for people watching, Starbucks, ice cream and lunch.
My favorite place in Malibu is a little restaurant right before Kanon Dr called Paradise Cove. Beautful little restaurant right on the ocean where one can eat and play on the beach. Great for kids, and one might see dolphins which are often seen as you go farther up PCH.
It is quite a trek up PCH from Santa Monica, but if there is no traffic then it is well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter