What do you do when you visit the parks solo? (poll)

What do you do when you visit the parks solo?

• Meet up with other DISers

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Talk to strangers and make new friends

Votes: 51 26.6%
  • People watch

Votes: 108 56.3%
  • Call/Facetime/text friends and family

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Read/study/write/draw

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Ride all the rides! Single rider, of course

Votes: 148 77.1%
  • Eat all the food! No one there to judge

Votes: 108 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 32 16.7%

• Total voters

marymargaretblanchard

Hope is the most powerful magic of all
Hello fellow solo travelers!
I'm curious as to what other solo people do at the parks when they go, so I created a poll. As a Disneyland annual passholder, I often go to the park by myself. I have never met up with others I've met on online, but I have met new people at Disneyland, spent copious amounts of time people watching (I even played people watching bingo!), I've Facetime'd friends so that they could join me remotely, and I've even gone to the park just to study.
Any activities that I'm missing out on? Let me know!

Schedule tours. I've done Keys to the Kingdom and Undiscovered Future World solo. As a middle-aged male, I don't particularly feel comfortable doing any rides solo.

Wow, thank you everyone who has voted/commented! It has been interesting to see what others do on their solo trips.

Another option I forgot to add was "take artsy photos!" When I don't have anyone with me that might get annoyed, I like to find unusual perspectives or unique subjects and take all sorts of random photos. In fact, I was at Disneyland last night, doing just that!

Mostly whatever, but not included in your poll is character meet and greets! I love getting one-on-one time and solo pics with my favorites! And I tend to shop more, since nobody's there to talk me out of a $10 Tinker Bell pen... :tilt:

ETA I would LOVE to study/read in the parks by myself. I ever become an AP holder or do a second CP, that'll be a bucket-lister for sure.

looking forward to my first solo trip next Spring! Thanks for posting :)

I love to sit and chill out, there are so many quiet spots to just sit and watch the world go by. I also like that I can eat what I want, when I want. I've done the family thing where I let everyone else do what they want, despite me being the one paying for everything, so now it's my time for me.

People watching is one of my favorite activities at Disney. Funny to see some of things people do. :) I checked read also - last trip down I carried a book with me to the parks to read while eating so I didn't have stare at my phone or the table. Think I'll be doing it next trip too.

People watching is one of my favorite activities at Disney. Funny to see some of things people do. :) I checked read also - last trip down I carried a book with me to the parks to read while eating so I didn't have stare at my phone or the table. Think I'll be doing it next trip too.
I plan on bringing my kindle, just so I have something to do while eating meals.

I do whatever I want, whenever I want. :)
I take time to really take in the surroundings. Disney puts a lot of effort into the little details, and if you aren't really looking, you will miss them. I also take time to talk to cast members and other guests. It's fun to visit with them and learn about their lives. I usually end up learning something new and expanding my cultural knowledge. And sometimes I get some extra pixie dust and sometimes I'm able to bestow some extra pixie dust to someone else.

I should have checked Other, in addition to rides & food, because I post stuff on Facebook. I also tried periscoping my last trip, but my old phone wasn't up do the task. Going to periscope a lot on the next one!

I talk to random people when in line, go on whatever rides I want, sometimes multiple times in a row depending on wait times, I book ADR's , dining packages, quick service and snacks. I go to shows and parades.

My "thing" or check list for the parks over the last few years has been to be the first person on a ride, either at rope drop or after it has been down.

So far
1. Pirates at rope drop in Disneyland Paris - in first row of first boat at rope drop
2. Indiana Jones - first person in front row after ride had been down- walked in by CM
3. Peter Pan - first person in first boat after Fantasyland re opened after fireworks - walked in by CM

I do whatever I feel like doing but for the most part I keep to myself whether I'm in he parks, on a tour or relaxing at the pool.

Exactly what I would do if I were with someone, but, on my schedule and whim. There are times when I think it would be fun to do some of the stuff with someone along, but, that passes quickly and I enjoy my freedom. If I want to ride SSE 5 times in a row, I have done just that. (Evening when there is no wait and it's a walk on.) Eat when and where I want too. Get there and leave when I want. Skip things if the mood hits me. It can be a lot of fun. I do talk with other people in queue lines and very truthfully, no one seems to care or even be aware that I am there by myself. Just a fun time. BTW, I also stay offsite, cheaper, by a lot, offers more dining possibilities. Doing that has never caused me any problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter