What do you miss?

KT2038

Mouseketeer
Hi

What do you miss the most about DCL/cruising?
What are you looking forward to the most when cruising does return?

So interested to see what people say!
KT

I miss sitting poolside, watching “Tangled” on FunnelVision while sipping on the Drink of the Day (likely my third or fourth one of the Day tbh). I miss the incredible waiter (whose name escapes me at the moment) who brought mozzarella sticks to our table every night at dinner after I asked for them on the first night. And I miss winning at Disney Trivia.

Is it strange to say the anticipation and planning? The having something to look forward to doing.
I'll agree with this! Something to look forward to. We won't book another until we feel safe going because we don't want the disappointment of having to cancel again. We'll book something fairly last minute when we're ready.

Enjoying group activities. Playing trivia and yelling/laughing at and with other groups and at each other.

People watching instead of dodging.

Feeling the motion of the ocean and trying to walk normally. (Same goes for when I'm back on land after a week).

Watching the sea for a few hours at a time, and running all over deck 4 in those rare moments where you can see wildlife off the sides.

I also miss that very specific sound the cabin doors make when guests don't catch them and they slam in the hallway outside your door.

I miss going up on the pool deck in the evening and grabbing cocoa or a blanket and watching the last half a movie... I had no intention of watching it and didnt even know was on, but don't feel a whit guilty about "wasting" time watching for the upteenth time like I do at home when I have "better things to do".

I live in the Pacific Northwest and we're starting to feel that winter chill already... I'm most looking forward to being able to comfortably run around in tanks and shorts again. Only in the height of summer here can you do that, and then you still find yourself pulling on a sweatshirt and jeans after dark.

1. Dropping my kids off at their clubs and heading to The Rainforest for those AMAZING aromatherapy steam rooms and the heated chaise loungers.
2. Konk Coolers at CC
3. The look on my kids faces when they can get ANOTHER ice cream cone...because why not?
4. The cheesy but funny adult entertainment at Fathoms and the other lounges
5. Unlimited room service with nighttime milk & cookies ...because we can

...and the list goes on. {Sigh}

In no particular order:
my kids going off to the clubs (Oceaneers and/or Edge at this stage), having a blast with new friends
Palo brunch
walking the top decks
sitting on my verandah with a glass of wine or vodka tonic
sitting on those lovely deck chairs on deck 4

in short, pretty much everything!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter