What do you wish you could be doing on the cruise right now?

I'm on the Fantasy. I woke up early and got my coffee from the drink station (I think it tastes fine). Then sat on the balcony watching the sun come up. DH and I will go up to Cabanas, leaving the kids to sleep in. I'm getting a mickey waffle with the strawberry sauce. And some fruit, juice, and more coffee. We sit in the back, looking out behind us at the open water. After we're done, we'll grab a couple of plates for the kids and take it back to the room.

The kids are slow to get moving, but I convince the younger one to come up to the pool deck with me and enjoy some water fun before it gets more crowded. After playing for awhile, he goes back to the room where his sister is playing video games (I'm fine with this ... it's their vacation too!) and dad is reading on the veranda. I'll head up to the rainforest room for an hour or so, alternating between the steam rooms, and the various showers. I think I like Caribbean Storm best. I'll wrap up my time there with a soak in the hot tub, watching the ocean, and then one more Caribbean Storm rinse.
Time for lunch! It's a combo of pool deck food and Cabanas for us, each of us getting what we want and meeting up at a table. I'm going with a veggie burger, loaded up at the condiments bar, and a pile of french fries. We notice Rapunzel is playing on funnel vision, so we settle down after lunch to watch the last half of that, with the kids grabbing some soft serve cones for dessert. At this point I'm worn out! Time for a nap! The kids run off to do mid-ship detective agency, and I take a little snooze back in the room.

I wake up ready to enjoy an afternoon beverage on the balcony, feeling the ocean breeze. While the kids alternate between clubs, ice cream, and playing games in the room, DH and I take a stroll around deck 4 and grab another drink at O'gill's pub. Time to get ready for the show! It's Aladdin tonight (which was not playing during my actual trip on the Fantasy!). We collect the kids and arrive early enough to grab some decent seats. Even though the kids don't often want to see the shows, I've convinced them to suffer through this one for me ... and of course they LOVE it! We get out and have a little time before dinner, so we wander around, browsing the shops, looking at the different artwork on the ship.

Time for dinner at the Enchanted Garden. We choose our bottle of wine (we got the wine package), and I know I'm going to have the ahi tuna avocado stack and the warm sticky date pudding. I'll have to think about the entree a little longer. The kids decide to skip dessert in favor of the soft serve ice cream, so they head out early, leaving DH and I to finish the bottle of wine leisurely. We find the kids, and there is a late movie on they are interested in, so we all go to watch. Finally, it's way past our bedtime, so we head back to the room, fall into those comfortable beds, and sleep the night away, relaxed and ready to enjoy our port excursion tomorrow!

We were supposed to be on the March 21 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. Today was a port day in Puerto Rico, where we were going to learn how to make paella and see Flamenco dancers.

I'd like to be getting ready to sail away - since that would mean the cruise is just starting! Walking around the ship with champagne in hand, taking in all the sights and seeing all the happy faces. Embarkation day is just pure joy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!