What else is there to do, besides DL...beaches?

MemoryMakers2669

<font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th
OK, so DH has a conference to go to in Febuary! In Anaheim! My first thought when he told me this was, ohhh, a longgggg flight! He then said, Disneyland is there. I didn't know, wasn't thinking really. Anyway, I will most likely come along and we will stay a few extra days.

However, while he is in the conference, I will have the days free to go do things by myself!

So, what is there to do? We both want to do the beach for at least one night. What is a good beach area to go to?

Is driving to San Diego a possibility? I was born there, so would like to go see it.

We would do DL and DCA each, so that will take up two days...right? Or can we do them both in one day?

Is driving into LA a possibility for me to do alone??? Is there a safe route in and out?

San Diego is only about a 1-1/2 hour drive from Disneyland (more if there's traffic, of course), so it's not too bad - or at least I don't think so, but I live in San Diego and drive up to DL fairly often.

While you *could* do DL/DCA in one day, you'd really have to rush, and you'd miss an awful lot - two days would be better. DCA generally opens later and closes earlier than Disneyland, so if you have a parkhopper you could go to Disneyland in the hours before/after DCA is open.

Sure, you could drive to L.A. by yourself - assuming you aren't bothered by driving on freeways or in traffic. You'd need to figure out in advance what you want to see, though - do you want to go to Hollywood, or see the Chinese Theater or the stars on the walk of fame - so you can plan your visit. Just driving around downtown L.A. isn't very interesting (or at least I don't think so!)

I can't really help you with beaches close to Anaheim, but there was a thread here recently about that, and there were several suggestions. In February it's going to be pretty cool for the beach, though - especially at night.

ScooterL said:
Sure, you could drive to L.A. by yourself - assuming you aren't bothered by driving on freeways or in traffic.

Scooter, I live in the Washington DC suburbs....enough said about driving on freeways or in traffic! I wouldn't know what to do without it. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter