What Grocery delivery service do you use?

DRUMZ2B

DIS Veteran
Hello to All. I have an upcoming trip in January to OKW. I am looking for a NEW service to deliver Food. The one we used in the past has proved to be very problematic.

What grocery service do you recommend for Food,Wine and Beer? :thanks:

On our last trip over Thanksgiving we used for the first time Dizzy Dolphin. They did a very good job and it was a very hands on job at that, all around I highly recommend them. In the past we have used Garden Grocer and only had one real issue with them and that was cost. Hope this helps....smjjºoº

We're also heading to OKW in Jan, we already have a order placed with garden grocer. We've used them for our last few trips, we go every other year and as mentioned they're pricey. Prices have increased a lot since our last trip looking back at older orders. I wished I'd done a little more searching before I placed my order as other reasonable and as it sounds good options have opened up. You could search this forum as there have been some recent threads on the subject

We're down here now and have shopped Publix which uses Instacart. No problems and it went smoothly. Delivery was great and the delivery person sent us a text when they were close.

We used Dizzy Dolphin for the first time on our Thanksgiving trip this year. They were great and I would definitely use them again. We've used Garden Grocer in the past but their prices have really gone up.

What about Instacart?
Here is how Dizzy Dolphin handles liquor. They have a deal worked out with a local store. You call or online order/pay them and tell them what is happening. They then hold the order for Dizzy Dolphin to pick up and deliver with your food order. There is a place on the Dizzy Dolphin website that explains this in detail. No big deal and there was no additional markup either. It might be noted we payed less for 10 this time than 6 of us last time thru GG.. .smjjºoº

Another satisfied Amazon Prime Now customer here.

Does Amazon prime deliver Liquor?
They deliver beer and wine.

Amazon prime now! It was amazing, 2 hour delivery so if you forget something you can order it and it’s at your hotel in 2 hours!
Point of clarification - it's not a "2 hour from now" delivery promise. When you place an order, you select from available 2-hour delivery windows. So if the next 2-hour window is already booked up you won't get your order in 2 hours; it could be 4 hours (or possibly more). It's not really a big deal, but I wanted to clarify because it sounds like you're guaranteed to get your order in 2 hours. You might get it in 2 hours or it might take longer.

What are the minimum orders for these services? Do any deliver to the room?
Most do have a minimum order and the more you order the delivery fee is waived. As to room delivery we have never had them deliver to the room. Instead they deliver to bell services where it is stored until you get or return to your room. The delivery company or bell services will give you a text when it is there. With Dizzy Dolphin they texted me it was delivered. I then called bell services and in about 30 minutes it was at our door. Bell services will deliver it or you can pick up yourself. They do have refrigeration for milk, butter, I.E. anything needed to be kept cold at all resorts. Bell services knows all the delivery services companies and works well with them. We have used grocery services at almost all resorts with no issues...smjjºoº

Lyft is our delivery service. We'd rather pick out our own deli meats, fresh ingredients, and liquor at the Publix in the WaterTower Shops. We go from the BC lobby and back to the BCV in less than an hour and 1/2 with enough supplies that we usually give away a bunch as we're leaving.

Point of clarification - it's not a "2 hour from now" delivery promise. When you place an order, you select from available 2-hour delivery windows. So if the next 2-hour window is already booked up you won't get your order in 2 hours; it could be 4 hours (or possibly more). It's not really a big deal, but I wanted to clarify because it sounds like you're guaranteed to get your order in 2 hours. You might get it in 2 hours or it might take longer.
Fair point! They do have many windows so very rarely do you need to wait and extended time.

What about Instacart?

We used Instacart for the first time in September, including Jose Cuervo Margarita and beer, and I will use them again in January. There was a snafu with my liquor order, they had it being delivered but it never was, and when I called twice we finally had to schedule it for the following day since we had dinner plans that evening. The customer service was very good and they refunded the delivery fee and received the alcohol for the next day the time I requested.

Given above and that mistakes happen but with good customer service, and found prices much better since I did take time to shop around, I have started putting my order together for January. We use to use wegoshop but the owner has double billed so many people on the dis and they werent getting refunds. I also recommended wegoshop before this all happened to a coworder and she, too, was double billed.

For those that dont use Instacart, can I ask you why you use your service over them, may e Im missing something. When I called DD it seemed their prices were high. On instacart, Im paying $3 for a case of water but when I called DD it was closer to $8, as an example.

Not trying to hijack the grocery deliveries, but has anyone used drizly for just alcohol deliveries. We have a order with garden grocer for our Jan stay ( and yes their prices have gone way up) that includes beer and wine, but are looking for options for bourbon and rum.

What grocery service do you recommend for Food,Wine and Beer?
We used Amazon Prime now in April. I was very happy with the pricing (didn't seem inflated like garden grocer) and the selection was good. Delivery was very prompt and I received notifications pretty much every step as the order was being put together, our for delivery and when it was delivered. There was only a $5 additional tip that was added on to my bill, which i thought was very reasonable.

Not trying to hijack the grocery deliveries, but has anyone used drizly for just alcohol deliveries. We have a order with garden grocer for our Jan stay ( and yes their prices have gone way up) that includes beer and wine, but are looking for options for bourbon and rum.

I haven't used drizly but use Instacart for alcohol (not beer/wine).
Can I ask why you would use drizly and not Instacart. I thought I did a lot of research
looking for the easiest with best prices (although convenience usually will come first for me) and wonder why more people aren't using Instacart. Maybe I'm missing something and want to know what LOL

For instance, why are people saying they are still using Garden Grocer even with higher prices, is it convenience and if so, what makes them better than Instacart.

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!