What happens if the 2042 resorts don't stay DVC Properties?

CaptMickeyD

Earning My Ears
So if the properties that have contracts that are set to expire in 2042 don't stay DVC resorts, will we be able to stay at those resorts after that time. I like Boardwalk but the 2042 expiration date concerns me, so I am looking into Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom for the length of the contract. But lets say Boardwalk or Beach Club don't stay DVC Resorts after 2042 and my contract doesn't expire for another 15 years or so can I still stay at those resort or do the number of resorts I can stay at now go down over time. Also, I am only looking at resale since I see no real value in the direct purchase currently.

So if the properties that have contracts that are set to expire in 2042 don't stay DVC resorts, will we be able to stay at those resorts after that time. I like Boardwalk but the 2042 expiration date concerns me, so I am looking into Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom for the length of the contract. But lets say Boardwalk or Beach Club don't stay DVC Resorts after 2042 and my contract doesn't expire for another 15 years or so can I still stay at those resort or do the number of resorts I can stay at now go down over time. Also, I am only looking at resale since I see no real value in the direct purchase currently.
No. The properties will no longer be a part of DVC. If they become part of Disney Resorts, you will not be able to trade your resale points for reservation points to stay there. If they close and re-open as “new” DVC resorts, you will not be able to use your resale points to book a reservation there.

DVC members only have the ability to book at other DVC resorts as long as they are part of the club,

Once they expire, they will be gone. What I think will happen, is they will be redone and sold again, but most likely with the same rules as RIV. Resale points won’t be able to book them,

Thank you for the replies. I guess that answers my question about the value of purchasing a resale contract for Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom. While they have longer contracts, after 2042 you would be down to probably a handful of resorts you could actually use until the contract end, decreasing the value significantly.

Thank you for the replies. I guess that answers my question about the value of purchasing a resale contract for Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom. While they have longer contracts, after 2042 you would be down to probably a handful of resorts you could actually use until the contract end, decreasing the value significantly.

Yet another reason to buy where you will be happy to stay.

People buying resale contracts at SSR or AKV or any of the O14 resorts can not use them to book stays at RIV and probably any new resorts. When BWV closed in 2042 and then reopens, it will be a new resort, probably with those exact same restrictions.

As the older resorts expire, there will be less and less resorts for future resale owners to swap into.

People buying resale contracts at SSR or AKV or any of the O14 resorts can not use them to book stays at RIV and probably any new resorts. When BWV closed in 2042 and then reopens, it will be a new resort, probably with those exact same restrictions.

As the older resorts expire, there will be less and less resorts for future resale owners to swap into.
Yeah, I started thinking that after 2042 the options will be much more limited for resale buyers after the restrictions were put in. I really dont care about Riviera that much but almost double the price to buy direct doesn't to make sense. I really like the length of contract but never realized the limitations later. I feel like I will be looking at Boardwalk or another 2042 resort now. I hold hope that they will lift some of the restrictions but I don't ever see that happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!