• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens if you miss an ADR?

jjsdad

DIS Veteran
Just out of curiousity what would happen if you didn't make one? I'm sure it happens all the time, and obviously you should call up and cancel if you know you aren't going to make it in. But lets say we get into the park and go to our eating spot and a child has a meltdown and we leave? (This is just out of curiousity, I would def call and cancel but i'm just wondering what would happen outside of you just not showing up)

I don't think anything would happen unless it was a restaurant that required a CC hold, then you would be charged.

When we were at WDW in 2008 we were running REALLY late for an ADR at Chef Mickey's. I can't remember why. I kept trying to call them to let them know, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get a call through to Chef Mickey's- it was always the ADR line. Fortunately for us, when we arrived they were way behind, too, so we were still seated.

My point- I don't know how you can call the restaurant to let them know.

My guess- you won't be penalized for missing an ADR unless (as a PP said) you had to give them your credit card number to hold the reservation. They will not hold your failure to show up against you on future ADRs.

I believe I read that they allow for a certain percentage of no-shows, based on the time of year.

If it is a regular reservation, nothing.

If it is a prepaid reservation like CRT, you forfeit the prepayment.

If it is a restaurant that requires a credit card hold, you will be charged a per-person no show fee (amount of the fee varys by restaurant - for California Grill it is $20 per person). Credit card holds are always required for California Grill, Akershus, Victoria & Albert's, and special dining packages like Fantasmic, Lunch with an Imagineer or Candlelight Processional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter