What has been your experience..

nicki dahling

CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can
We have the chance to leave a day earlier than planned for our August trip to WDW and also stay and extra day !

The problem is that we will probably arrive very early in Florida that morning ( plan to leave in the evening the day before from Virginia and arriving in Orlando around 7am the next day ) after driving 14 hours straight.

We have reservations at the All Star Music Resort ( w/ and annual pass rate that recently ended) . I know 7 am vs 4 pm check in time is way to early to get a room , but hubby will be bone tired from driving ( solo driver ) and I'm wondering what we can do ( short of sleeping in the lobby ) until check in time... Any suggestions ?

Another plan would be to leave from home on our depature day earlier that morning than we originally planned , drive the 14 hours and check into an off-site hotel late that evening. Than check in the next day into the All Star Resorts as originally planned .

Has anyone ever been able to get a reservation on-site in the middle of the summer late at night without pre-booking ?

Did any of that make any sense ? Can anyone tell that I have been planning this trip for way to long and I am now nearly close to WDW overload ? If I don't get to WDW soon I'm bound to explode! IS there someone out there who can help me with my planning addiction ?

Not sure what the BEST plan would be but.....I'm not TOO embarrased to say our family HAS napped in the lobby at WL upon arrival :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just tell them when you get there. More than like they could get you into a room. There are a lot of flights that leave MCO between 6-7 am, so you've got to think there will be some empty rooms. They're usually happy to oblige. I can recall getting into a room as early as 9am.

Just a few weeks ago we stayed at 3 different hotels for 4 night, yep, I was on a power vacation, actually just dying to experience all the Disney hotels, with that said we stayed at AKL, Poly, and BWI and we got into each room by 11am, so just ask, can't hurt Disney is always more then happy to do just what the costuor wants and if they have a room you can bet you will get it. have a great trip.:)

We plan on driving for 24 hours straight and arriving at 10:00am in August. If our room isnt ready(or even if it is) we will probably go to the pool, and grab a few lounge chairs. I figure I can sleep while DH swims with the kids and vice versa.
Good Luck!

If your not particular about where your room is, you should be able to get in early. We almost always get in our room by noon. We got our AKL room at 9am!

When you make your reservation they usually ask what time you'll be arriving. Phone them and tell them that you'll be there early in the morning and perhaps they'll put you in sooner. We always tell them we'll be arriving at 11:00am and we've never had to wait for a room. However, we do always go in the off season, so this may not be the case in the summer. It's worth a phone call though.

Thanks for all the advice . I'm always telling my kids "it never hurts to ask " . Guess I should take my own advice !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter