What has been your most magical moment in WDW?

Haz23

Earning My Ears
From riding your favorite attraction to a special character meet and greet, or maybe it was a cast member who went above and beyond for you - what has been your most magical moment in the parks and what made it so special?

For me, on the final day of my last trip, DBF and I had an early breakfast reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table so we were let into MK before it opened. Main Street was empty so for a laugh we started waltzing up towards the castle in time with the music and then a few Photopass photographers stopped to take pictures of us. It felt like we were the only people that mattered there and then, which was pretty special.

Also, I was buying a meal in the quick service at the All-Star Sports and when I went to pay the cashier asked how my holiday was going, to which I replied it was amazing except I wasn't feeling too well (I'd had a nasty sickness bug the past couple of days), so she gave me my meal for free.

Last edited:
Pretty self explanatory one as to why it was so special but dh (then dbf) proposed to me in front of the castle on our last visit in 2012. We then just happened to bump into the dapper Dan's on the bridge near crystal Palace and dh sang let me call you sweetheart with them, although only a few choice words of it :rotfl:
And in hindsight we can add a little extra to it, we now have a little dog called kona who we actually named after the brewery but we actually had breakfast at kona cafe the morning he proposed.

There have been so many magical moments that it is hard to pinpoint one. Our very first trip we had reservations at Cinderella’s Castle, this was the era when you had early reservations and entered the park Main Street was empty, and it was magical just walking down the street towards the castle. My daughter, then 7, was a huge Minnie Mouse fan, just as we were reaching the castle who came skipping out but Mickey and Minnie. She made a beeline to them, there were no other kids around and Minnie made a big show of adjusting her Minnie ears and making the smacking noise kissing her head. She’s 23, just graduated from an art program and moved to Norway yesterday so I’m a little nostalgic about how important and magical our Disney trips through the years have been.

First "girls trip" with 2 DD's and 2 DGD's for our first visit during the Christmas season. Most decorations were up but not all. Our "magical moment" was when we returned from Disney Springs toward the end of our stay. We exited the bus at Wilderness Lodge and noticed 2-18 wheelers, countless large U-Haul's, numerous trucks and vans all full of the decorations for the Lodge. Youngest DD and I stayed up until 2:30 AM watching them put together the giant WL Christmas tree! :yay:

i-6pHPrJz-XL.jpg

Pretty magical but nothing beats the faces of DGD's when they first saw the Castle on their first visits when they turned 2. In a month we'll be taking them back to celebrate their 16th & 12th birthday's with Mimi and Pappy; more magical moments ahead....:lovestruc. :tink:

It would be hard to beat when my kids saw the castle for the first time (and they were both teenagers!)

First trip for dd was when she was 4 and da was 17. He was in his emo phase of wearing all black, black fingernails, black hair, all that. We arrived in the evening and by the time we got all checked in and to our room at the Contemporary it was time for the fireworks. Ds was as excited as a little kid. I have a picture of him holding his sister and watching the fireworks.

Another was the next trip and dd was obsessed with Jasmine and Aladdin. We saw them in Adventureland and got in line but they were leaving. The CM with them told dd to hang on and they would be right back so we stayed put. When they came back dd was first in line and so excited. They spent some great quality time with her and I have a whole series of pictures. One with Aladdin sitting cross legged on the ground to talk to her. She was in heaven!

In my family, we don't take the kids to WDW until they are 5. It is kind of a right of passage. When my youngest DS (who is now 17) turned 5, we took him for his celebration. We had just had a family tragedy a month before and we all felt as if we were kind of just going through the motions. It was a cold morning in February and we were there for rope drop. When the majority to people turned toward Space Mountain, we turned to go through Frontierland and head for Splash Mountain. All the big kids and my DH were faster and my DS and I were walking behind. There was mist all around and we were the only ones out and about, when he turned to me with the biggest smile on his face and said, "Mommy, this has GOT to be a dream." That was everything.

I have been going to Disney all my life-since the February after the park opened (I think I was 4) and there have been MANY magic moments-too many to count. That is why, for us, it will always be Disney.

Several years ago my costume for MNSSHP included a tutu. Riding Big Thunder after dark with the tulle practically filling up the car and flapping around in the breeze is something I'll never forget... I get the giggles just thinking about it.

For me it was sitting out on our the balcony at the Contemporary with DH and DS who was three and seeing the Electric Light Parade. My three year old was enchanted by it and me (the last I had seen it was back in the 70s when I used to go the WDW with my mom, dad, and brother and camp at Fort Wilderness), I was so surprised and delighted it was still around. It was just soo cool being with my family relaxing after a busy day and having feelings of nostalgia and wonderful new memories all at the same time.

I have a couple.
First one that comes to mind is my kids first trip, it was 1999 and my daughter was 2 1/2 and son was almost 6. We were standing in line at San Angel to try to get a dinner reservation and Donald Duck came in dressed in Sombrero and poncho and my daughter was so excited! She took pictures with him and hugged and hugged him, all the other ppl where oooing, an dtaking pics of the two of them together, after Donald left my daughters says very loudly ' Donald Duck is my best friend!" Ppl around us said this was what Disney was all about!

2010 Hubby and I stayed at Poly on a trip without the kids it was our first Poly trip, it was so romantic and relaxing, we took a day off from the parks and actually fell asleep together in a hammock on the Poly beach with the sound of MK railroad and the Polynesian music in the back ground, it was so romantic.

2011 we had several issues checking into CL at the Poly and the manager upgraded us to theme park view, it was magical watching wishes from the balcony (the music was piped in the bushes below us) I could literally sit in bed and see the castle change colors, hands down most magical view of the castle, GF, and CR

My first memory was my first trip at 4yrs old (late 70s) , my parents kept wanting to stop and take pics of me with things and I was crying bc I wanted to ride the rides, a day parade was going on at that time and Peter Pan jumped down off a float and came to me and consoled me, I still have the pic of the two of us and never forgot it, I always wonder what happened to my Peter Pan..

-Seeing the excitement on my kids' faces as they met Mickey and Minnie for the first time at ages 1 and 3.
-My favorite ride is Splash Mountain. I always feel an amazing feeling when I'm on it, like wow I can't believe I'm here in my favorite place.

In 2006 on our 1st trip my then 5 year old daughter is walking about 10 feet in front of my holding her mothers hand as we head down a deserted street to the CRT breakfast. She stops when she gets a good look at the castle and looks at her mother with a look of joy on her face. All she said is "Its Real Its Really Real". That moment explains why we just finished trip #5.

Sitting on the beach at Fort Wilderness with my family and watching the Electric Water Pageant. It was my kids first trip to DW and it is just a magical memory.

Probably the first time I met Peter Pan. I actually didn't make in time to get in line (back when he met in Adventureland) so I decided to find a place to watch because he was so entertaining (plus he was really cute) and write on my trip report. And I guess he saw me staring because as soon as he finished with the last person, he hurried over to me to ask was I was writing and if it was a story about him. He was so handsome; I was literally breathless, but I managed to pull it together enough to play along for a few moments before he had to run off. Literally beamed like a lightbulb for the rest of the day. :cloud9:

Needless to say, I make sure to go see Peter every trip. :lovestruc

When we checked in at AoA and were told that we were upgraded from the Ariel room to a Cars suite.

I have so many magical memories. Where to begin?

One time me & my sister were celebrating our birthdays together; we received an extra margarita from La Cava on the house, then were serenaded & sung happy birthday to by the mariachi band in Mexico. It was so amazing.

I was celebrating my birthday at DHS - a CM pulled my sister & I aside, asked if we would like to meet Mickey Mouse. Took us to where Sorcerer Mickey was doing meet & greets and took us to have 15+ minutes with him before the line opened up for other people to come in. Sheila was the CM & we kept running into her during the course of the morning. She went over & beyond, not only with my birthday, but to make me feel special. I had mentioned briefly to her about collecting press pennies & she came back with a handful of press pennies from around WDW :)

I took my mom to California Grill one year for her birthday. They gave us a private room in the back, with exclusive servers just for us. At the end of the night, they brought out a gorgeous birthday cupcake for my mom. Hands down it was the best experience at California Grill; service and food were top notch.

& there are so much more, but these are the main ones that come to mind.

My spouse and I love(d) the Tapestry of Nations parade and its music. After Illuminations, that music returned as the park emptied. My spouse and I would linger, and one year spent about an hour singing the lyrics to the music playing and practically dancing hand-in-hand around the World Showcase lagoon in the direction opposite of the exiting guests. Our most magical Disney moment, ever.

On our first trip, our twins were 9 and our daughter was 10. One of the boys was a huge Mickey Mouse fan (and Spider-Man - so we also had a magical moment at Universal when he met Spider-Man!). Seeing his face light up in wonderment when he saw Mickey Mouse for the first time is still an image that is frozen in my memory.

Another favorite memory was also from that first trip. When we went to Animal Kingdom it was an overcast, drizzly morning. We put our ponchos on because even though it was barely rain, it was there long enough that our clothing was getting that wet-stick to your skin feeling. We watched the Lion King show and when we came out of that, the skies had opened and rain was coming down in buckets. This was our last day in the parks, and we had come from Montana, so it was stay or not get to see this park. We stayed. It seemed almost everyone else left. It rained the entire afternoon, but we had zero wait for rides. Plus, being Florida, we didn’t feel it was chilly even though we were soaking wet. We rode Expedition Everest over and over, again, with no wait time. After the third time, the CM’s didn’t make us exit and come back through the que. It truly was a magical (and very wet!!) day for us!

The most magical moment for us was my girls being made Jr. Mayor for the day. My little one didn't want any part of it buy my 6 year old, Hollis who is now 7 loved it!

MK_MAGCMMNTS_20170908_404774901338small.jpg

Kendall said Nope! LOL

MK_MAGCMMNTS_20170908_404774901344 - Copysmall.jpg

Then there was this. My absolute favorite picture from our last trip. Pretty magical moment. And yes, at this moment I took this picture, my eyes did water up a little bit.

IMG_1589.JPG

Oh so many but I think my absolute favorite was on my last trip to the World. My then DBF ( now my DH ) and I decided we wanted to do a nice dinner for one of our last nights on vacation. We are both red meat fans so we chose the Yachtman Steakhouse. The dining experience was fabulous. Food was delicious and we were seated at a table for two within a section of the restaurant that only had a few people in it so it was nice and quiet. ( A welcome difference after 8 days in the parks ). After dinner we decided to walk around to the Boardwalk. We stopped and got some great pictures near Stormalong Bay ( it's all lit up at night - so pretty ), stopped for a drink at the Bellevue room and just enjoyed some down time with each other. It was very relaxing and very romantic. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!