What has taken up too much of your life?

Doing things the way management wants instead of the more efficient way that actually produces better results.

Commuting! :drive:>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

My job. :( Not that it's a waste of time per se; it brings in 75% of our income and not doing it simply isn't an option. But it does grieve me that I spend more hours and energy there than I do with the people I love and my ability to serve them and make a meaningful contribution to my community has been so drastically diminished.
Thank you for helping me see today, via this answer, that despite my yuccky commute, I'm fortunate to be spending my time, once I get there, doing something meaningful.

As for the Dis, it's been an interesting place to be. I've met a lot of great people here, and made some friendships. I've also learned about some things I might not have known about, and done some fun research during discussions. I've learned a lot about people from different parts of this country, and other places. And people in general, and what makes them tick (or how they think). I've gotten and given support when needed. I've enjoyed low-key's threads, often going down Memory Lane. It feels a little like an online "home" most of the time. Eh, I can't say it's been time not well spent. Well, maybe just a little, lol.

This has been for both me & DH. We've been discussing it daily now for the past 18 months. I worked for & DH continuing to work for the same major retail company. We're tired and beyond burnt out after 21 years. We want to move on with our lives with buying a home and settling down again, yet we feel constantly we're in limbo and living in fear job wise. There's been so much restructuring going on. Do we go back to our home State that has been our home for 24 years for me & 32 years for DH or Do we stay where we're at, make it home, yet no other job in the area that can even match current income?

His kids bio mom... is that terrible? I guess I could have said his ex too, but we have to deal with her for a number more years.
You may wish to come up with another way to abbreviate that. Pretty sure nobody was thinking "Mother of my Husband's children"...
Ha! I bet I know what you were thinking. I was too.
::yes::

His kids bio mom... is that terrible? I guess I could have said his ex too, but we have to deal with her for a number more years.

First I thought bowel movement then I was like, surely not. My second guess was baby mama. Bio mom sounds makes it sound like the mother isn't involved with the kids. You will have to all learn to deal respectively with each other for the sake of the children. Maybe counselling. Poor kids.

First I thought bowel movement then I was like, surely not. My second guess was baby mama. Bio mom sounds makes it sound like the mother isn't involved with the kids. You will have to all learn to deal respectively with each other for the sake of the children. Maybe counselling. Poor kids.
Blessedly I've never been in that situation but if I was divorced and my child(ren)'s step-mother referred to me in that way I would be outraged. I am a step-parent and like her or lump her, my husband's former wife is their MOTHER.

This has been for both me & DH. We've been discussing it daily now for the past 18 months. I worked for & DH continuing to work for the same major retail company. We're tired and beyond burnt out after 21 years. We want to move on with our lives with buying a home and settling down again, yet we feel constantly we're in limbo and living in fear job wise. There's been so much restructuring going on. Do we go back to our home State that has been our home for 24 years for me & 32 years for DH or Do we stay where we're at, make it home, yet no other job in the area that can even match current income?
Thanks low-key! Typing this out helped where this won’t be taking anymore of our time. We’ve made the plan to return to back to our home State.

I have been sinking way too much time into playing the Sims4. But right now I'm making a dalmatian plantation!!

Blessedly I've never been in that situation but if I was divorced and my child(ren)'s step-mother referred to me in that way I would be outraged. I am a step-parent and like her or lump her, my husband's former wife is their MOTHER.
Absolutely agree. She is the kids' mother. I don't think calling her anything different would bode well for getting things off to a good start with her.

Commuting. I commuted 3 hours a day for 39 years and 5 hours a day for the last year. Will give that up for good in six weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!