What have you struggled with your entire life?

This is so me. I am quiet in general, would rather be home on the couch, under a blanket with the a/c on watching Christmas vacation and spreading the dis....hmmm.. I come out of my shell when I get to know people. I do have to be talkative in my work though. I am a visiting nurse. My patient today told me I was sincere and I saw a patient she spouse the other night and he told me his wife liked me the Best out of all the nurses she met.

As far as interviews, I just had one and was told I didn’t talk enough. I am also not into what I feel as bragging. Do I really need to tell you I called 911 for seizures, cardiac issues, blood sugars or falls with injuries. And that I help people who are so screwed up on their discharge med list. Or that I despise wound vacs, that I can do peritoneal dialysis in my sleep? Needless to say I didn’t get the job yet the person that did has never done it and I have been doing it all year-school nurse, and I am finishing up subbing for the year at the school I did not get the job at, an ER nurse did that has never set foot to help the nurse and she has 3 kids in the school and my last one is out this year...oh...I am bitter...sorry but quite a few of the staff are as well.

I get it. I see inexperienced people promoted all the time, and now they're telling me how to do my job when they've never done it themselves.

I’ve always struggled with being shy. At this stage of life, I’m 10 times more outgoing than I used to be. And now I’m definitely not afraid of sticking up for myself, or others.

I still wish I didn’t feel shy on the inside.

Anxiety.

And on a lighter note - math. I HATE math.

Ha! For me it’s anxiety over math! My dad was a physics professor and I can remember nights sitting in tears at the kitchen table with him as he tried to teach me about fractions. We would both get so frustrated. To this day he will ask me what is 1/2 + 1/8 and my palms will start to sweat.

My attitude now is, “ math solve your own problems, I’m tired of looking for your x!” :D

On another note, I know how to fold the fitted sheet. :P

I didn’t really struggle with anything until my life turned upside down at the age of eight. My birth father picked me up for a visit and explained to me that he never wanted kids (has seven now), and would never want me anyway, no one ever would, as I am unlovable. This news kind of rocked me to my core. Has proven true, with the exception of my daughter. But that day, coupled with some other life altering events experienced between 9 & 14, created a total shift in my personality. Since then I have struggled with anxiety, depression, very low self esteem, the ability to make friends, and my weight.

I didn’t really struggle with anything until my life turned upside down at the age of eight. My birth father picked me up for a visit and explained to me that he never wanted kids (has seven now), and would never want me anyway, no one ever would, as I am unlovable. This news kind of rocked me to my core. Has proven true, with the exception of my daughter. But that day, coupled with some other life altering events experienced between 9 & 14, created a total shift in my personality. Since then I have struggled with anxiety, depression, very low self esteem, the ability to make friends, and my weight.

I am so sorry. My heart hurts for that child you were, and for all the struggles you've had since as a result. This is probably a stupid question, since I'm guessing you have, but have you seen a counselor about it?

I force my husband outside when he attempts to sharpen knives. The sound makes me nuts and they never seem much sharper afterward. Once I sent him across the street with our knives when the knife sharpener guy came around the neighbourhood. He came back with or dull knives complaining that the guy wanted too much money to sharpen them.

I NEVER turn down an opportunity to pay the guy (or gal) to do it!

My weight and I know it has to be genetic. Call it what you want but some people are just built to carry more fat. Hate when people say change my lifestyle. Smack!!! I have always been an athlete, work out almost daily and eat healthy. I have always had thigh rub. Since a child. At my thinnest 150 pounds I was running daily and not eating more than 1500.

I am so sorry. My heart hurts for that child you were, and for all the struggles you've had since as a result. This is probably a stupid question, since I'm guessing you have, but have you seen a counselor about it?
I have, but I still struggle.

I'm adding another to my list - phone calls, especially to make medical appointments. I stress over it, procrastinate, finally do it, then screw something up and have to fix it. I was so proud of myself this morning thinking I was done. Nope - booked one with a conflict, because they gave me a choice I wasn't expecting.

I'm so sorry. That is a terrible thing to go through. You deserve happiness and peace and hope you realize you are worthy of so much.

I struggle with being shy and worry more as I'm getting older. I think I might become one of those non filtered elderly person one day and kinda looking forward to it. I'm still shy but also more willing to speak up now.

Having too much stress and being tightly wound is a big one for me. Another is personal relationships, particularly romantic ones. I guess I'm just not that likable.

Folding fitted sheets.

Folding a fitted sheet is one of the few things in life that I am really, truly great at. I wish it were a better skill, something that could earn me some money perhaps, haha. But no, it's that. I absolutely love folding fitted sheets. (This does not apply to jersey sheets. Those can get wadded in a ball and thrown in the corner.)

Two things -

*not wanting to fail - wish I could get it in my head that successful people fail, multiple times. But I suspect that it's rooted in my upbringing and that's hard to shake.

*I hate/struggle when I'm misunderstood, get too emotional about that. When my words are taken somewhere that I wasn't even meaning. The disboards is not a great place when you struggle with that.

Last edited:
For me, it's organization. I've made all sorts of systems to keep things in check but I still struggle. I'm also inattentive, as a rule, and struggle to sit through classes for 2 hours. I still manage to succeed in graduate school, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!