What if you decide not to go when you have a PS?

westjones

DIS Veteran
We have never made PS arrangements before this trip, and I was just wondering what happens if we decide we don't want to go. We have breakfast at Boma on our last day, and I would love to go there BUT I also know that if we are tired from the parks we may decide to rest that day (we go to the cruise the next day).

If we decide we don't want to go to Boma, can I just call that morning and tell them? What happens? Is there a charge for a canceled PS.

This is the only one I am not sure of right now, I don't think we will have any problem going to the others I made.

Thanks!
DJ

Yep, just call and cancel. There is no charge for a PS cancellation.

You can call from your room or any phone in a park. The CMs at the podiums can cancel for you too if they're not busy and you ask nicely. Guest services too of course.

Don't remember the policy for places where you make a reservation like Hoop de Doo or a deposit like CRT breakfast.

I always call and cancel if I change my mind about a PS. The only time there is a problem with the last minute cancellation is with the Fantasmic Dinner package, Hoopdedoo and the Cinderella and Princess breakfast, I believe they require 48 hour notice.

Thanks! Hopefully, we will go. I would love to try Boma. I just know my family, and we need our down time too, so we will see.

Thanks again!
DJ

It depends on the restaurant. If you have paid a deposit, you must give them at least 24 hours notice of the cancellation or you will forfeit it. When we ate at Boma 2 years ago, the PS required a deposit. I am unaware if that has changed.

If you have PS at restaurants that don't require a deposit, you have no obligation to show up, however it is always nice to call WDW-DINE and cancel as soon as you know that you won't make it, so someone else who may want that PS can have it.

Boma didn't require a deposit when I dined there for both breakfast and dinner this March.

I personally do feel obligated to cancel if we've changed our plans. However in January, I was on hold about 25 min to cancel a PS at Flying Fish and by the time I got Disney Dining we had hit the 10 min past PS time and it cancelled automatically. The only times it seems hard to get through are around dinner and first thing in the am....all those CRT reservations.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter