What I'm Focussed On - Water

d6d1de10-32d6-47fd-a030-b972b4c44d86.jpg

You post so many beautiful pictures of the national parks. Any suggestions for my trip to Yellowstone in January? Besides dressing warm!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I've only been to Yellowstone in June and August but I found doing a Google search on "Yellowstone Photography" helpful when I was preparing for my last trip. Since you will probably be on mostly 'guided' excursions I would imagine that being prepared for changes in camera lens temps (i.e. going from warm snowcats to frigid outdoors) would be helpful but I'm sure you already have thought about that! Here also is a link to an article I used when I was winter camping in the past.

My only other suggestions would be to be prepared for fast moving animals, something I am definitely not good at :rolleyes2 and the steamy hot springs etc. White balance is crucial given the snowy scenes so shooting in raw format if you're experienced in that will help you to compensate for any mistakes. If you shoot only jpegs then carefully read your camera manual and online references for suggestions.

And definitely share some photos when you return! I am so jealous given that a winter trip to Yellowstone has been on my travel bucket list for years!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!